Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Yes this is a bug caused by 4.12. I was hoping they would have fixed the engine bug (along with a few other bugs they introduced) by 4.14.

This is the cause and it does say it's fixed for 4.15
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-39106

The Item Drag and Drop is not affected by this bug.

I will have to redesign the demo window move logic if epic still hasn't fixed this properly in 4.15.
    If inventrory is full, increase and decreaise slots dont work

Comment

Originally posted by DiziART View Post
      If inventrory is full decreaise slots dont work
      That is by design.
      The logic is setup to not allow you to remove slots if there are items currently in them.

You can edit that logic to drop the items if you want. (Maybe I should add that into the update :P)
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I am working on updating the steps for that in the v1.7 update post right now . Check back in a bit.
        It's brill that your releasing an update soon. I might have to hold off for that as I'm sat trying to figure out your instructions and I get some of it but not enough to be able to just script it all out. For each instruction I have a few questions and you can't waste your time giving me a proper tutorial, especially seeing as your putting the functionality natively into your system anyway soon!

I'm sure it'll make sense once I see it laid out properly and I follow the chain of logic, but to see that logic in my head at the minute, well I'm just not good enough yet!

Oh and sad to hear 4.12.5 won't be supported soon. I understand, but it means I'm gonna have to take the plunge at some point and remove some of the plugins that don't even support 4.13/14 yet, never mind them supporting 4.15 when it comes out anytime soon.
        Oh well, your stuff more than makes up for it!
        Thx again

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
          It's brill that your releasing an update soon. I might have to hold off for that as I'm sat trying to figure out your instructions and I get some of it but not enough to be able to just script it all out. For each instruction I have a few questions and you can't waste your time giving me a proper tutorial, especially seeing as your putting the functionality natively into your system anyway soon!

I'm sure it'll make sense once I see it laid out properly and I follow the chain of logic, but to see that logic in my head at the minute, well I'm just not good enough yet!

Oh and sad to hear 4.12.5 won't be supported soon. I understand, but it means I'm gonna have to take the plunge at some point and remove some of the plugins that don't even support 4.13/14 yet, never mind them supporting 4.15 when it comes out anytime soon.
          Thx again
          It doesn't take too long to add in the new feature so perhaps if you are unable to use 4.13+ I can help walk you through it in the near future. But I really do recommend getting prepared to update your project at some point. 4.13/14 are the first decent builds of unreal since over a year ago in my opinion. I held off even working on my project because 4.11/4.12 were such a mess. Now I'm starting everything all over with 4.14. But I'm also a little crazy

If you have plugins that don't support atleast 4.13 by now(It's been out for awhile), you really should get in touch with the developers.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

It doesn't take too long to add in the new feature so perhaps if you are unable to use 4.13+ I can help walk you through it in the near future. But I really do recommend getting prepared to update your project at some point. 4.13/14 are the first decent builds of unreal since over a year ago in my opinion. I held off even working on my project because 4.11/4.12 were such a mess. Now I'm starting everything all over with 4.14. But I'm also a little crazy

If you have plugins that don't support atleast 4.13 by now(It's been out for awhile), you really should get in touch with the developers.
            You're a good guy.
            Yeah, I am using the Ocean community project and they're currently not updating at all, and there are some other users doing updated 4.13/14 builds but people are getting errors with them (including me) so I've stuck with 4.12.5 even though I desperately want to update.

I'm at this second trying to update to 4.14 support on the ocean project to see if it works again since a new update by Zoc.
            If that goes well, I'll probably make the jump as that is the main plugin I wanted anyway.

Do you think 4.14 is a good place to upgrade to then?

Comment

That is by design.
              The logic is setup to not allow you to remove slots if there are items currently in them.

You can edit that logic to drop the items if you want. (Maybe I should add that into the update :P)

Ok, remove disable if inventory is full, but if dont work increase? Its logic?))))

- Totally revamped Tool Tips to work using built in UMG Tool Tip features. LOL ))) Thank you so much!!)))))

Comment

Thx again
                You can recompile your plugins by creating a C++ project and moving your plugins to it, then update the project to the engine version you need if some plugins are missed simply turn them back on in the editor and this will recompile then to work hope this helps.

Originally posted by DiziART View Post
                Ok, remove disable if inventory is full, but if dont work increase? Its logic?))))

- Totally revamped Tool Tips to work using built in UMG Tool Tip features. LOL ))) Thank you so much!!)))))
                You can create a simple function so when you decrease your inventory size it drops the items in those slots, this function is easy to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                  You can create a simple function so when you decrease your inventory size it drops the items in those slots, this function is easy to setup.
                  I can create any function for my project. And you know this ^_^
                  Your product I really like, although needed in many completions for my project. But I'll tell you a big thank you for your work and for getting me experience!
                  I am waiting for updates. Have a nice day)

Comment

Can someone post an example how to prepare weapon skeletal meshes with Blender, or briefly outline the required steps? Adding just a skeletal mesh results in a flickering weapon, only briefly visible while moving, not exactly sure why
                    LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

The new Melee Trace Plugin, does not require collision to apply damage through precise hit detection https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...tracing-plugin

However, it requires to setup a "Weapon class BP", which is spawned, and traces can then be triggered from firing anim notify events inside that Weapon BP. Currently try to figure out how to combine this hit detection solution with ARPGIS. I highly recommend to evaluate this plugin, and to possibly make it compatible with the new WeaponSpawn, and ShieldSpawn. Pm me, can email you, or we could Skype/Discord if needed, would be happy to make this work.

The bottom line is, when it comes to melee combat, hit detection is often difficult to setup through collision spheres, a tracing instead does not require any collision spheres, while at the same time offers precise hit detection.

Comment

Well after upgrading to 4.14 I was plagued with issues regarding performance so had to spend til 5am this morning sorting them out. The Auto LOD system screwed me royally as some assets haven't converted over properly and will all have to be manually sorted out one by one (oh the irony!). The memory usage (memory leak?) regarding world composition screwed me too. I have 16GB RAM and my project was needing more than that to open up all my world composition tiles. whereas previously it was about 3 or 4 gb needed.
                        Got all that working now, though RAM usage is still about 2x as high as it was. *sigh*

ANYWAY, that aside it did also cause a couple of erros in my previously errorless arpgis install.

1> I get this every time I drop to game and back to the editor.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	UI.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1119894
                        I changed it from the deprecated node to the new one but it still says the same error even though there's no compile issue?

2> Every time I load up and try to drop to game, it says am I sure because World Actor has a compile issue.

Name:	worldactor.JPG
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1119895
                        So I go to World Actor and sure enough it has a compile issue.

Name:	worldactor_compile.JPG
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1119896
                        So I hit compile again and it goes through with no adjustments. So I save it and drop to game, all is well! Well, until I quit the editor and load it up again and then it does the same thing every time. Any ideas?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                          The new Melee Trace Plugin, does not require collision to apply damage through precise hit detection https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...tracing-plugin

However, it requires to setup a "Weapon class BP", which is spawned, and traces can then be triggered from firing anim notify events inside that Weapon BP. Currently try to figure out how to combine this hit detection solution with ARPGIS. I highly recommend to evaluate this plugin, and to possibly make it compatible with the new WeaponSpawn, and ShieldSpawn. Pm me, can email you, or we could Skype/Discord if needed, would be happy to make this work.

The bottom line is, when it comes to melee combat, hit detection is often difficult to setup through collision spheres, a tracing instead does not require any collision spheres, while at the same time offers precise hit detection.
                          I was thinking of getting this too, hence my previous messages. Seems a bargain for a tenner! I'm hoping the new version he's going to submit on Monday will allow us to use this?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post

You are over thinking it. I am not adding a Weapon System integrated into the InventorySystem so it does not need to be compatible with anything.
                            It is simply some extremely basic example actor replicated spawning logic done for people because a few people were destroying the abstract design of the InventorySystem by trying to create different gameplay systems all tangled inside of it.

It just takes a minute to turn the simple example logic provided (which all it does is let you pick a blueprint Weapon_Actor and spawn it attached to the EquipmentCharacter) to swap it out to your own system.
                            Or if you wanted to create your own weapon system it gives you a barebones starting place already hooked up to the InventoryItem.

To switch it to spawn a different type of actor class all you have to do is change the variables for the new Weapon_Actor class in 3 places to have it work with whatever blueprint weapon system you have.

1.) Change the Weapon_Actor class variable in the InventoryItem Struct to whatever blueprint is the base class of your weapon system.
                            2.) Change the EquipmentCharacter Weapon_Actor Reference variable to a reference of that same weapon system base class.
                            3.) In EquipmentCharacter you want to update the Weapon_Actor Class local variable to be your new weapon system base class and the UpdateMainHandWeapon input variable from Weapon_Actor class to your own weapon system base class.

Then you can delete the Weapon_Actor/Weapon_Rifle_Assault dummy blueprints.
                            Last edited by Pirate; 12-10-2016, 03:25 PM.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Well after upgrading to 4.14 I was plagued with issues regarding performance so had to spend til 5am this morning sorting them out. The Auto LOD system screwed me royally as some assets haven't converted over properly and will all have to be manually sorted out one by one (oh the irony!). The memory usage (memory leak?) regarding world composition screwed me too. I have 16GB RAM and my project was needing more than that to open up all my world composition tiles. whereas previously it was about 3 or 4 gb needed.
                              Got all that working now, though RAM usage is still about 2x as high as it was. *sigh*

ANYWAY, that aside it did also cause a couple of erros in my previously errorless arpgis install.

1> I get this every time I drop to game and back to the editor.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]121037[/ATTACH]
                              I changed it from the deprecated node to the new one but it still says the same error even though there's no compile issue?

2> Every time I load up and try to drop to game, it says am I sure because World Actor has a compile issue.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]121038[/ATTACH]
                              So I go to World Actor and sure enough it has a compile issue.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]121039[/ATTACH]
                              So I hit compile again and it goes through with no adjustments. So I save it and drop to game, all is well! Well, until I quit the editor and load it up again and then it does the same thing every time. Any ideas?

thx
                              1.) Upgrade notes are posted here. You can just delete the SetInputGameAndUI Node from the InventoryHUD event graph as that gets set in the PlayerController already. The error is because it's expecting you to now feed in the PlayerController Reference. So you can either do that or simply delete it. More Info can be found here:
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post623996

2.) Looks like the struct issue where it updates all the structs in each BP when changes are made now. Try recompiling and saving the parent class Usable_Actor and the InventoryManagerComponent first.
                              If it's still not working perhaps you can send me an email with a link to the project (delete the saved/intermediate folders first before zipping to reduce filesize) and I can try and see what's happening so we can make sure Epic knows about the new struct bug.

Epic is doing a lot of changes to Structs to try and make them better. But really it's quite sad how problematic they can be in blueprints.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

1.) Change the Weapon_Actor class variable in the InventoryItem Struct to whatever blueprint is the base class of your weapon system.
                                2.) Change the EquipmentCharacter Weapon_Actor Reference variable to a reference of that same weapon system base class.
                                3.) In EquipmentCharacter you want to update the Weapon_Actor Class local variable to be your new weapon system base class and the UpdateMainHandWeapon input variable from Weapon_Actor class to your own weapon system base class.

Then you can delete the Weapon_Actor/Weapon_Rifle_Assault dummy blueprints.
                                Ok, awesome, and thank you for your continued input and work on this project. I am just about to approach this, looking now forward to your 1.7 update.

One more question, does this work same for the Off-Hand slot? And what do you suggest should be done, to have dynamically mount the weapon/shield, while the player is not, IsAttacking or InCombat?

Thanks
                                Last edited by unit23; 12-10-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X