Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by exphrasis View Post
    Yeah that did the trick. I ended up just duplicating the item amount and made an item durability macro and that worked as well. Still figuring out how to apply durability depending on which part is hit and depending on how long you have it equipped.

Repair kits are actually a great idea ! As long as they're not a pain to craft and/or can be relatively easy to find, but then again that depends on how fast your items wear off I guess. I was having a discussion with somebody else on my team about how 'fun' repairing items can be or how painful it can be, depending on how it's set up. Definitely going to playtest that a ton hah !
    A great way to apply durability damage is to use the skeleton bones of the character, or you could setup collision boxes as well, I'm yet to set this up but i mite end up using Ramas Melee Weapon Plugin seeing its pretty much done for you, So you could adding some logic for which bones effect each part of equipment you have equipped.

Yeah i think i mite go with repair kits but i do like the bench idea as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Make sure in the World Actor In Update Item Amount you also change that to also update the durability as your only passing the durability variable but nothing is actually setting it.

For the repairing i mite ether have repair kits which you can just drag onto a item or ill mite add logic to my tool bench so you can repair with it not sure yet .
    Yeah that did the trick. I ended up just duplicating the item amount and made an item durability macro and that worked as well. Still figuring out how to apply durability depending on which part is hit and depending on how long you have it equipped.

Repair kits are actually a great idea ! As long as they're not a pain to craft and/or can be relatively easy to find, but then again that depends on how fast your items wear off I guess. I was having a discussion with somebody else on my team about how 'fun' repairing items can be or how painful it can be, depending on how it's set up. Definitely going to playtest that a ton hah !
    Last edited by exphrasis; 06-05-2016, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    f
    Everything is working pretty well, as you said I'm having that issue when I drop items. Seems like the stats arn't carrying over when dropped. I linked my 'current durability ' in item to world item as you mentioned, but still having the same issue.
    I added a variable in world actor and linked it as such as well. :
    Make sure in the World Actor In Update Item Amount you also change that to also update the durability as your only passing the durability variable but nothing is actually setting it.

For the repairing i mite ether have repair kits which you can just drag onto a item or ill mite add logic to my tool bench so you can repair with it not sure yet .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the durability i incorporated it into the loot lists, what i did was in the item list i added a durability and a Max durability the max is needed when your creating the UMG logic as well, In the Loot Actor in GetRandomLootItems i added a GetRandomItemStats in here i did some random logic using the item stats, I also added some new variables to the loot lists like Min/Max grade and grade chance, To handle durability you can do this in a few ways from the player controller if its only a mesh based weapon or within the weapon if its a actor based weapon, I also added a hardness variable to the Usable Actor this will be used to apply different durability damage to your weapon if its a melee type, You also need to update the inventory item to world item and make sure you added your new stats you wish to carry over or when you pick your item up after dropping it the stats will just be set to the item list version of the weapon, In the next two weeks ill be working on some repair logic I'm still thinking up ideas on how i want this to be handled. Please let me know if i have missed any info you need.
    f
    Everything is working pretty well, as you said I'm having that issue when I drop items. Seems like the stats arn't carrying over when dropped. I linked my 'current durability ' in item to world item as you mentioned, but still having the same issue.
    I added a variable in world actor and linked it as such as well. :

Click image for larger version

Name:	durability.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	663.2 KB
ID:	1107709

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the durability i incorporated it into the loot lists, what i did was in the item list i added a durability and a Max durability the max is needed when your creating the UMG logic as well, In the Loot Actor in GetRandomLootItems i added a GetRandomItemStats in here i did some random logic using the item stats, I also added some new variables to the loot lists like Min/Max grade and grade chance, To handle durability you can do this in a few ways from the player controller if its only a mesh based weapon or within the weapon if its a actor based weapon, I also added a hardness variable to the Usable Actor this will be used to apply different durability damage to your weapon if its a melee type, You also need to update the inventory item to world item and make sure you added your new stats you wish to carry over or when you pick your item up after dropping it the stats will just be set to the item list version of the weapon, In the next two weeks ill be working on some repair logic I'm still thinking up ideas on how i want this to be handled. Please let me know if i have missed any info you need.
    Thanks so much for the quick reply ! That's super helpful. I already had max durability and durability in the UMG side, but wasn't too sure where to put the rest so it would make sense. I'll give it a go !

For the repair system, since you've already got ressources and all that, perhaps adding something in your furnace where you can drop the required ressources or tools you need for the repair in one tab and the item to repair in the other could be neat if that makes sense ?
    I'm personally a fan of simplicity so I'd probably just add a right click on the item => repair ? and show how much ressources you lose if you do accept the repairs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Crazy how fast you're tackling all this. feels like every week you've got full new awesome systems in your project
    I wanted to ask you how you tackled the durability for items ? I've been messing around with that but I'm unsure where to build that in a clean way if that makes sense.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 06-04-2016, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Crafting

[MENTION=331197]Lord Caine[/MENTION] i would think about a more generic crafting system which just takes items from your inventory rather than some type of sub-inventory.

This is what i have been working on using the ARPG Inventory.

Hi Overrated,

That is exactly what my intentions are. I couldn't figure out how to get the item icon from the inventory to display in the hud. I finally figured that out this morning. I basically copied one of the hotbar slots and figured out what will was doing. My crafting system is going to be very simple to start. I will take just two items to make a third.

Regards,

Arthur

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=331197]Lord Caine[/MENTION] i would think about a more generic crafting system which just takes items from your inventory rather than some type of sub-inventory.

Crazy how fast you're tackling all this. feels like every week you've got full new awesome systems in your project
    I wanted to ask you how you tackled the durability for items ? I've been messing around with that but I'm unsure where to build that in a clean way if that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KrunkFu View Post
    Thats pretty cool. How do you handle recipes? How does your system know what items produce what when crafting?
    The Crafting System is 100% universal in a similar way to the loots lists, you simply added a new item ID corresponding to the item in the item list to the craft list data table, and fill out its other requirements and that pretty much it i made it based on the same logic pirate used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Craft Data Table.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1107645
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 06-04-2016, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats pretty cool. How do you handle recipes? How does your system know what items produce what when crafting?
    Last edited by KrunkFu; 06-04-2016, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi can anyone help me?

When I right click on an item to equip it, I've checked what's being equipped with a print string and It's saying the thing i'm equipping (Armour blade shoulder) is being equipped then nothing is being equipped straight after, is this actually working then changing the mesh to nothing straight after?

Still don't fully understand the blueprints, just enough to have an idea of what's going on.

Any help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that in order to increase your frame rate, you will want to take what happens in the Event Tick in the InventoryPlayerController (along with removing the delay node) and put it into a function that operates on a timer so that every X (< .05) seconds it calls the Client Get Usable Actor Focus function, and start that timer at the end of the Event Begin Play.

This is only theoretical, as I don't know if it will actually increase your frame rate, but I always heard that putting something onto Event Tick would almost always decrease your frame rate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I bought this inventory recently and got it set up. Everything seems to work as far as I can tell but I've noticed that my frame rate has dropped by about 20 frames on average. Everything use to run at 120 now I'm getting anywhere from 90 to 100. Anyone else experience this?

The only new thing in my project is the inventory and that most of my inputs and controls have been moved from the character to the player controller.

Also Is there an ETA on when the 4.12 update to the inventory is going to happen?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of adding additional slots to the equipment Eg having left shoulder and then a right shoulder, as differant equipable armour slots, So far i have managed to figure out that i will need to add a Skeletal Mesh Component with name of the slot along with adding an entry to both EquipmentSlots and EquipmentSlotsType from here im a little stumped on where to continue
    Thanks in advance and the tutorials have been a greet help so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X