• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    I am considering it
    +1 same here

Comment

Also Pirate I'm curious can you actually make a living off the asset store, or is this just a part time thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
        Also Pirate I'm curious can you actually make a living off the asset store, or is this just a part time thing?
        I'm sure the people selling animations and weapon models are making a fair bit. I guess it all depends on your cost of living and how many assets you have for sale .
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

What version of unreal are you using?
          I' using 4.12.5 . I can't really update due to using plugins that don't have updated versions. Annoying!
          Are there some features that behave differently in your content if not on 4.14?

My original questions in case you forgot:
          So a couple of little things:
          1> The edge-highlighting doesn't work for me, regardless of if I put it on my camera post process or the global one?
          2> When I drop an object, it does drop it but not in the way I've seen on your videos. It quite often disappears and I'm assuming going under the world. Are there controls for me to play with like an offset or location for 'spawning' the dropped item etc so I could manually tweak my way around it?
          3> I followed your FPS tutorial and all went well, however there are times that the mouse cursor disappears and I have to left click to make it appear. I seems to happen once I've looted a container and I open another. the mouse cursor disappears, my movement is locked out correctly but I can;'t see the cursor until I left click anywhere on screen and the cursor appears again.

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
            I' using 4.12.5 . I can't really update due to using plugins that don't have updated versions. Annoying!
            Are there some features that behave differently in your content if not on 4.14?

My original questions in case you forgot:
            So a couple of little things:
            1> The edge-highlighting doesn't work for me, regardless of if I put it on my camera post process or the global one?
            2> When I drop an object, it does drop it but not in the way I've seen on your videos. It quite often disappears and I'm assuming going under the world. Are there controls for me to play with like an offset or location for 'spawning' the dropped item etc so I could manually tweak my way around it?
            3> I followed your FPS tutorial and all went well, however there are times that the mouse cursor disappears and I have to left click to make it appear. I seems to happen once I've looted a container and I open another. the mouse cursor disappears, my movement is locked out correctly but I can;'t see the cursor until I left click anywhere on screen and the cursor appears again.
            I apologize for missing your questions earlier.

1.) Custom Depth Outline - It looks like you may need to enable custom depth in your rendering options for your project. If you look at this guide you will see all the setup steps. This should get it working
            http://www.tomlooman.com/the-many-us...h-in-unreal-4/

2.) Item Drop Position - The drop logic for non physics mode is pretty basic. It just gets a location randomly offset from the player and drops it at their feet. You will probably want to change it if you are using hilly terrain and such to do a raycast and then plug in that location to the LocalLocation variable. You can edit the Drop position logic in the InventoryManagerComponent->RandomizeDropLocation() function.

3.) Looting Container Mouse Bug - This is caused by a bug introduced in 4.12 where the UI OnHovered states don't clear any more when the widget is hidden. This still hasn't been fixed as of version 4.14 and there is a bug report for it.
            To fix it you just need to disable the custom logic in the demo for IsMouseOverUI in your Player Controller. Simply Edit the Right Mouse Button Input Event and remove the IsMouseOverUI Branch.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	fix_on_hover_bug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1119742
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] : Thx mate, I'll try all that out later!

Can you answer me a really silly question though please?

I am trying to do a melee damage system (I might do a simple one myself, or use Rama's melee plugin) but my initial attempt didn't work. I put the logic into my weapon Blueprint (it's used in your inventory system) and it did an overlap check for enemies and I fire a few debug strings but none of them get triggered.
              Onbviously the blueprint references the static mesh, but when the weapon gets equipped, does it use the skeletal mesh version of it and therefore the overlap/collision checks I'm doing won't fire? Just a bit confused on where to put the logic, as for me it makes sense to have it on the individual weapons so I can customise the base damage on a per-weapon basis (or reference your in-built damage value, I assume?).

Sorry, I know this goes beyond what you've provided for us, but a bit of clarification on what happens to the item when I equip it etc might help me figure out where to put the logic?
              From looking online, most put it on the player character and reference a melee capsule of some kind, but I'd prefer to use the actual weapon's collision/physics to calculate the hit...

Thx for any help

Comment

Thank you for your help, Pirate. The inventory system is really nice, it's simpler and more convenient than the systems I used before. It was quite easy to add the system to the Game. I had a lot of anxiety before I got the inventory system, I did not know how to build the crafting system, but after reviewing it I found that it was pretty easy. Thanks a lot again.

Comment

Hi, i have some problems with player loot (multiplayer) i don't know solve, can someone help me?

- When i try loot another player itens don't show!
                  - loot hud (text when you put the mouse over the item) don't show.

Help!!

Comment

I find new bug. If inventory window relocate - increase and decrease slots not work...

Comment

Originally posted by DiziART View Post
                      I find new bug. If inventory window relocate - increase and decrease slots not work...
                      Yes this is a bug caused by 4.12. I was hoping they would have fixed the engine bug (along with a few other bugs they introduced) by 4.14.

This is the cause and it does say it's fixed for 4.15
                      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-39106

The Item Drag and Drop is not affected by this bug.

I will have to redesign the demo window move logic if epic still hasn't fixed this properly in 4.15.
                      Last edited by Pirate; 12-09-2016, 02:13 PM.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by ArTDsL View Post
                        Hi, i have some problems with player loot (multiplayer) i don't know solve, can someone help me?

- When i try loot another player itens don't show!
                        - loot hud (text when you put the mouse over the item) don't show.

Help!!
                        You will need to provide more information about how you setup the players to be lootable. Did you implement the interfaces?
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] : Thx mate, I'll try all that out later!

Can you answer me a really silly question though please?

I am trying to do a melee damage system (I might do a simple one myself, or use Rama's melee plugin) but my initial attempt didn't work. I put the logic into my weapon Blueprint (it's used in your inventory system) and it did an overlap check for enemies and I fire a few debug strings but none of them get triggered.
                          Onbviously the blueprint references the static mesh, but when the weapon gets equipped, does it use the skeletal mesh version of it and therefore the overlap/collision checks I'm doing won't fire? Just a bit confused on where to put the logic, as for me it makes sense to have it on the individual weapons so I can customise the base damage on a per-weapon basis (or reference your in-built damage value, I assume?).

Sorry, I know this goes beyond what you've provided for us, but a bit of clarification on what happens to the item when I equip it etc might help me figure out where to put the logic?
                          From looking online, most put it on the player character and reference a melee capsule of some kind, but I'd prefer to use the actual weapon's collision/physics to calculate the hit...

Thx for any help
                          You'll want the InventoryItem to reference the Weapon Blueprint. And then edit the logic in the EquipmentInventoryComponent -> UpdateEquippedMeshes() to spawn this actor instead up updating the mesh (You will want to create a reference to the Actor in the EquipmentCharacter class) and then set the WeaponActorReference on the EquipmentCharacter. Of course if there is already a weapon equipped you will want to destroy that actor when the item is changed.

Then you will need to attach that spawned actor to the character socket just like it does with the MainHandMesh already in the EquipmentCharacter.

I am working on an update that will have this logic to help people who are having trouble bridging the gap between InventoryItem and their weapon system.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

You'll want the InventoryItem to reference the Weapon Blueprint. And then edit the logic in the EquipmentInventoryComponent -> UpdateEquippedMeshes() to spawn this actor instead up updating the mesh (You will want to create a reference to the Actor in the EquipmentCharacter class) and then set the WeaponActorReference on the EquipmentCharacter. Of course if there is already a weapon equipped you will want to destroy that actor when the item is changed.

Then you will need to attach that spawned actor to the character socket just like it does with the MainHandMesh already in the EquipmentCharacter.

I am working on an update that will have this logic to help people who are having trouble bridging the gap between InventoryItem and their weapon system.
                            Thanks, that's great that it's possible. It sounds potentially beyond my skills just reading that which is a shame. I really hope you get the update out soon as I was hoping to get the ability to damage the enemies in in the next few days! I guess I'll try and decipher what you've written into language that an intellectually deficient person such as me can follow! Fingers crossed

Comment

Version 1.7 - Was submitted to Epic on Monday, December 12th
                              ------- Update Notes -------

ARPGIS v1.7 on the launcher will be compatible from 4.13 onward and I have removed the old 4.11-4.12 versions from the marketplace.
                              There were a lot of deprecated nodes updates for 4.13 and 4.11/4.12 were also relatively bad engine releases.

Send us a support email if you need a 4.12 version and I can provide an ARPGIS v1.6 that you can manually apply the update too.

*New Feature*

Name:	new_feature_weapon_actor.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1119841
                              - Added logic for spawning a simple Weapon Actor when equipping a MainHand item (or defaults back to current Skeletal Mesh logic if no weapon class specified on the item).

Spoiler

*Logic Change*

Name:	new_tool_tips.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1119863
                              - Totally revamped Tool Tips to work using built in UMG Tool Tip features.

Spoiler

*Logic Change*
                              - Updated Line Trace in InventoryPlayerController->GetUsableActor() to now trace by Channel Visibility instead of by Objects.

Spoiler

*Bug Fix* Thank you [MENTION=454654]IlllIl[/MENTION] for the bug report
                              - When you drop an equipped item the Player's Stats aren't refreshing.

Spoiler

*Bug Fix*
                              - Issue with Child Actors of World_Actor that were placed in the world not updating with changes made to the ItemList unless you recompiled them.
                              By Unreal design, the actor's Construction script only fires when an Actor is placed/moved in the world or the Blueprint is compiled.

Spoiler

*Bug Fix* - Thank you [MENTION=301883]DiziART[/MENTION] for the bug report
                              - When passing in an Amount of 0 to the InventoryManagerComponents Client IncreaseInventorySlots() UI function the UI will create phantom UI widget slots.

Spoiler

*Bug Fix* - Thank you [MENTION=91589]Cryptaline[/MENTION] for the bug report
                              - InventoryManagerComponent->IncreaseInventorySlots() reads from a local variable for the row size instead of the class variable.

Spoiler

*Engine Bug Workaround Fix*
                              - When dragging the Container or Inventory window the UMG widget reference breaks causing visual update issues on the client.
                              This is caused by an engine bug introduced in 4.11 and is not a bug with the ARPGIS logic. - UE-31777 , UE-39106

Spoiler

- Mouse Hover states on widgets don't reset after the UMG widget is hidden.
                              An example of this is when you lose the right mouse button steering after fully looting a container until you mouse over another UMG widget.
                              This is caused by an engine bug introduced in 4.12 and is not a bug with the ARPGIS logic. - UE-32910

Spoiler

- In InventoryHUD the new 4.13 Set Input Mode Game And UI node gives error because no player controller reference is specified.

Spoiler

- Set Master Pose node on EquipmentCharacter's MainHand and OffHand Skeletal meshes can cause some imported art to flicker and disappear when attached to sockets.

Spoiler

This update has been submitted to Epic on Monday December 12, 2016 and should be published by Epic this week.
                              Last edited by Pirate; 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Thanks, that's great that it's possible. It sounds potentially beyond my skills just reading that which is a shame. I really hope you get the update out soon as I was hoping to get the ability to damage the enemies in in the next few days! I guess I'll try and decipher what you've written into language that an intellectually deficient person such as me can follow! Fingers crossed
                                I am working on updating the steps for that in the v1.7 update post right now . Check back in a bit.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X