X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.
    If you send me a support email I can send you a version of the two already merged if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.

Now though, when I opened the level, it claimed 2 blueprints were looking for InventoryPlayerController, which, after migration no longer exists as those should all have been rereferenced to MPTopDownNetworkController. I know one of them was Inventory Layout.

Anyway, when I opened the 2 offending BP's and tried recompiling, they clear no problem. After saving them again, the error goes away, yet I still can't drag and drop items.

Functionally, all the HUD interfaces show up fine. If I pick up a single dropped item, it snaps into the first slot of my inventory without issue, but I can't actually drag it from my inventory to a player slot. Similarly, if I loot a Loot Hero, I can see the contents of the body, but I can't drag those contents to my character's inventory.

I know that may seem vague, but now I'm not even receiving load errors after I compiled.

I'm at a bit of a loss - otherwise everything is excellent. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or help me find what's still referencing the elusive InventoryPlayerController?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ff.

PS. Running 4.12.5... And using the latest assets from the Marketplace as of last week.
    Last edited by FlashFreak; 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, Your project was Awesome as hell!!
    I would like to buy it but now I currently working on survival game which is based on SGT (Survival Game Template) If i buy it Can I combine thses two togheter without make it bugs or replace files each other what do you suggest?

Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First successful moving container.

Still a WIP. The cart has animations for moving wheels, but something is crosswise in the AnimBP.

The lag and video artifacts were introduced by the recording software and are not actually present in the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, in dev....

Click image for larger version

Name:	mqcfjHg.png
Views:	1
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1115408

Combat mode (weapon/fist)

https://youtu.be/ffBJfiL_z7M
    Last edited by swarlog; 09-16-2016, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by swarlog View Post
    Yes, slot and item id?

Sorry, i need more help. Img of bluepints exmaple pls.
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    There are functions like get inventory item use this with the mainhand slot number, and do a vaild check on the icon.
    Also [MENTION=192004]swarlog[/MENTION] remember the InventoryItems exist on the server, so the server has to do the check. If you try and read the Item as the client it won't exist.

If you are new to network blueprinting basics there is a series of tutorials on Epics YouTube channel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, slot and item id?

There are functions like get inventory item use this with the mainhand slot number, and do a vaild check on the icon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just check the inventory slot for the main-hand if its valid or not.
    Yes, slot and item id?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If weapon is equipped or not. Example...
    Just check the inventory slot for the main-hand if its valid or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What do you mean ? why not just check if the weapon/MainHand inventory slot item is valid or not?
    If weapon is equipped or not. Example...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] pls help.
    What do you mean ? why not just check if the weapon/MainHand inventory slot item is valid or not?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mode for check if player use weapon item? Example please... if player use equipement item weapon or shield, thx ^^
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] pls help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rioratt99 View Post
    I'm having an issue in my game with this inventory. I followed all the tutorials and implemented in my game. Everything works well until a player dies and respawns. I'm sure it has something to do with how my game respawns but I'm not sure. Currently you spawn in and the inventory works great. When I die and respawn everything is still in my inventory and I can still pick new stuff up but if I try to equip anything the doesn't show up on my character. It works in the UI but the meshs are not showing up on my character. It was originally stopping my line trace for items too but I figured out on my respawn I had to set the character reference in my player controller to the newly spawned in player character. When a player in my game dies and new player character is spawned and possessed by the controller. Am I missing something here? Any help is much appreciated!!

Edit: Looks like I got it working.
    Ok great,, I'm happy you got it sorted .

For others with the same issue it sounds like you were re-initializing the entire inventory again on respawn causing it to wipe all the items but not refreshing the Inventory Icons on the client
    (You can call Refresh Inventory Slots from the InventoryManagerComponent to clear the clients UI if your design needs to work this way)

Name:	refreshinventoryslots.jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1114857

For those that are merging the Action RPG Inventory System with our Multiplayer TopDown Kit (or something that spawns a new character model) here is an example of setting up the inventory up on initialize and then simply updating the Character reference (as on respawn it leaves your body on the ground and you spawn as a new character actor) on respawn and then refreshing the equipped models on the character model.

Name:	player_inventory_refresh_character_respawn.jpg
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	1114856

You would probably want to make a function that does the logic for setting the new character reference and the for loop of updating the equipped slots for cleanliness.
    but in the example I left it this way as it's not a lot of logic and helps you see what is going on.
    Last edited by Pirate; 09-09-2016, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having an issue in my game with this inventory. I followed all the tutorials and implemented in my game. Everything works well until a player dies and respawns. I'm sure it has something to do with how my game respawns but I'm not sure. Currently you spawn in and the inventory works great. When I die and respawn everything is still in my inventory and I can still pick new stuff up but if I try to equip anything the doesn't show up on my character. It works in the UI but the meshs are not showing up on my character. It was originally stopping my line trace for items too but I figured out on my respawn I had to set the character reference in my player controller to the newly spawned in player character. When a player in my game dies and new player character is spawned and possessed by the controller. Am I missing something here? Any help is much appreciated!!

Edit: Looks like I got it working.
    Last edited by rioratt99; 09-09-2016, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
    I click to download this for 4.12 but nothing happens. But when I download for 4.11 it downloads fine. Is there a bug or is this how its supposed to be.
    It looks like epic has fixed the issue with the launcher, it should be all good now
    Last edited by Pirate; 09-08-2016, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X