No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Help please. How set position to cursor for ToolTip widget? Thanks!
    Last edited by DiziART; 12-05-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Bug? I create parameter in itemtable. And
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-06_10-51-42.png
Views:	1
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1119601
      if add slots to inventory == 0 add 10 slot (start count inventory size).
      if i parameter != 0

Name:	2016-12-06_10-57-24.png
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1119602
      - all correct work. If i equip bag, my inventory slots add, unequipped - slots minus.

And bug reported:
      Slot not clear, after drop item, from inventory

Name:	2016-12-06_11-16-01.png
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	1119603
      Last edited by DiziART; 12-06-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

How can i save different inventories? There are a lot of containers on the map and I want to save each one of them separately.

Comment

Move container on the scene, and copy him (ctrl+w). Move - ready

Comment

Is there an easy way to set Main/Off hand to use static meshes?
            LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

I'm talking about saving items in a container. But I have a lot of containers in it, and I don't know how to save each of them separately. For example;

In Level;
              Chest 1, Chest 2
              How can these two containers be stored differently in the same save file?

Similarly, assume that there are two players in a multiplayer game. Both have different items. I want to collect each of these in the same savegame file.

Comment

LOL. Read documentation. Question not this theme.

Comment

If you do not help, you do not have to answer me. I'm trying to get ideas from here, I can save the character's inventory. I ask how I can collect different players inventory in a single file.

Comment

Originally posted by DiziART View Post
                    Hi! Help please. How set position to cursor for ToolTip widget? Thanks!
                    It would be the same as updating any other UMG widget to your mouse position. I would recommend getting the cursor position and updating the widget in it's onTick (which only runs when the widget is visible) to the current mouse position.

And bug reported:
                    Slot not clear, after drop item, from inventory
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]120371[/ATTACH]
                    The HotBar isn't supposed to clear the item shortcut when the item is used/removed from the inventory.
                    For example say you put an apple on the hotbar. When you eat all the apples the item is still linked in your hotbar. Then when you pick up more apples you can continue to eat them using the hotbar.
                    Most games simply "grey" out the icon when none exist in the inventory so you don't have to keep rebinding your shortcuts.

The Hotbar is not an inventory. You are free to change this design to wipe the item shortcut if no more of that item exist in your inventory.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
                      How can i save different inventories? There are a lot of containers on the map and I want to save each one of them separately.
                      I'm talking about saving items in a container. But I have a lot of containers in it, and I don't know how to save each of them separately. For example;

In Level;
                      Chest 1, Chest 2
                      How can these two containers be stored differently in the same save file?

Similarly, assume that there are two players in a multiplayer game. Both have different items. I want to collect each of these in the same savegame file.
                      You can use the Find all actors of class node and loop through every Container_Actor (The base class used for all containers, loot actors etc) and save it's inventory into an array. But you will also want to save information like it's Class type(this will be the trickest to setup but you will need to know what type of actor to spawn when loading and creating all the actors in your world), InventorySize, SlotsPerRow, CanStoreItems and of course the actors world position.

Loading the items would really just be the reverse of the save. It's really just going to be a loop through all the container actors at it's core.

If you do not help, you do not have to answer me. I'm trying to get ideas from here, I can save the character's inventory. I ask how I can collect different players inventory in a single file.
                      I am not always able to check the forums or my support email every few hours. I try my best to help and give advice in a timely matter and I appreciate your patience in the matter.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                        Is there an easy way to set Main/Off hand to use static meshes?
                        You can convert static meshes to skeletal meshes in the editor. The reason why the weapons use skeletal meshes is because the Equipment has to in order to be skinned (weighted for animation) to the skeleton.
                        Having weapons as Skeletal Meshes also allows you to provide custom animations for the weapons (guns need to animate when firing, reloading, etc) and allow you to edit the sockets to have them position better when attached to the hand sockets.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          It would be the same as updating any other UMG widget to your mouse position. I would recommend getting the cursor position and updating the widget in it's onTick (which only runs when the widget is visible) to the current mouse position.
                          widget not change position... I create function, for change position, but any coordinates, not apply to window position. Please, give screen or write where need add logic. Thanks so much!

Comment

widget not change position... I create function, for change position, but any coordinates, not apply to window position. Please, give screen or write where need add logic. Thanks so much!
                            I am always happy to provide advice and sometimes I can provide examples if I have enough free time.
                            But what you are asking has nothing to do with the inventory system at all and there is plenty of information on editing UI's in unreal using UMG.

Basic problems like this help you learn and get familiar with game development in unreal. The more you learn the easier it will be to understand and start making complex changes.

There are always plenty of results if you google ue4 + your topic. Answer hub always has lots of people asking a lot of the same things.
                            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-position.html

Down near the bottom of that post you will see how you can get the mouse position and set the widget to that location. You will need to take into account your screen resolution and UI scaling if you are offsetting it.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

I know how to set the position of the widget on the screen! And I have a problem with that never occurred. However, your decision to use the coordinates of the tooltip widget, which is in the general inventory layers - I can not (

Comment

I know how to set the position of the widget on the screen! And I have a problem with that never occurred. However, your decision to use the coordinates of the tooltip widget, which is in the general inventory layers - I can not (
                                I apologize but I'm not sure I fully understand what the issue is. Yes the Widget is placed in a default position in the InventoryLayout Widget. But it shouldn't be locked to that position if you are setting a new position.

Can you please send me a support email and I will do my best to help you resolve the trouble you are having.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X