No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone using this with codespartans mmokit?

Comment

Unreal Engine 4.14
      ------- 4.13 -> 4.14 Upgrade Notes -------

The 4.13 version of the Inventory System is compatible with the new 4.14 engine version. There is only 1 small issue but it's an easy fix and doesn't break anything.

ISSUE:
      When upgrading from 4.13 to 4.14 you will see an error about the Set Input Mode needing a Player Controller Target.

This is because the new Set Input Mode nodes expect a Player Controller reference as the target and the node inside the InventoryHUD class does not provide a Player Controller reference for the target.
      The InventoryPlayerController has logic that Sets the Input Mode during the clients InitializePlayer logic which makes this initial set Input Mode node in the HUD redundant anyways.

FIX:
      As demonstrated in the image below simply remove the Get HUDReference and Set Input Mode Game And UI node from inside the InventoryHUD class.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1118435

I have submitted a version with this change to Epic and once that change goes live on the launcher I will mark the Inventory System as compatible with 4.14
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy306 View Post
        Is anyone using this with codespartans mmokit?
        I think some people have tried the main problem is that the codespartans mmokit is old and **** it was built on a old engine version and most of its logic is obsolete, you better off using the ARPG inventory and the topdownkit.

Comment

I know of people who have replaced the MMO kit with the ARPGIS but all you are really left with in the MMO kit is it's VaRest example code and a bit of quest logic. Might be worth to port features from the MMO Kit into the ARPGIS demo. I can't provide support for issues relating to the MMO kit though.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

We have the MMO-kit and it's a nice kit. As a learning project for people new to UE4 and interested in MMO games, it's probably the best out there.

However, it hues to convention and we quickly determined that its framework would not be suitable for our game. For example, our quest system does not follow current convention at all.

It has proved much more productive to build our systems from scratch.

If we don't run across a positional voice chat solution, we're going to use the MMO-Kit's separate chat server but in that case we are almost certain to use Pirate's Social System front end.

The central pivot of our game at this point is the ARPGIS, though we have extended the internals considerably, and nearly every system we have interacts with it in some way.

WIP Thread

Comment

Yes there are many plugins available to make interacting with a database through blueprints easy. You just need to understand basic database design and blueprinting.

I have toyed around with the idea of creating a code project that I would sell outside of the marketplace that features a lot of this stuff setup.
              But I would not make it an "MMO" kit and I would not offer support for people trying to make an MMO with it.

Instead it would be more like a Arma/Rust/Ark type persistance framework kit where each server can read/write data to it's own database so you can have persistence in multiplayer.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Hey,
                where can I find the Patchnotes?

I have copied my project to 4.14, 2 Days ago and a few hours ago, it got a new Update, is it maybe because of this last error?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4error.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	1118838
                I can´t find where the problem is located (all other I have found)

Comment

Originally posted by Killerzwerg View Post
                  Hey,
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post623996
                  LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by Killerzwerg View Post
                    Hey,

I have copied my project to 4.14, 2 Days ago and a few hours ago, it got a new Update, is it maybe because of this last error?
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]118675[/ATTACH]
                    I can´t find where the problem is located (all other I have found)

Just update the node as it was changed in 4.14 and it can be found in the HUD blueprint from memory.

Comment

I did that, but the problem is still there...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        Yes there are many plugins available to make interacting with a database through blueprints easy. You just need to understand basic database design and blueprinting.

I have toyed around with the idea of creating a code project that I would sell outside of the marketplace that features a lot of this stuff setup.
                        But I would not make it an "MMO" kit and I would not offer support for people trying to make an MMO with it.

Instead it would be more like a Arma/Rust/Ark type persistance framework kit where each server can read/write data to it's own database so you can have persistence in multiplayer.
                        strangely enough this it on my 'to do' list for our game. I haven't yet started the design of the database but tbh the inventory stuff is already kind of mapped out for me so shouldn't be hard at all to implement this side of it.. It's all the other 'stuff' that we have to think about to be able to make the game persistent.

We have pretty much built our game around the inventory system.

I have to say that Pirates Social System is probably the best on the marketplace..yes we could probably of done it ourselves but why re-invent the wheel when there's a perfectly good one already there!

We are currently looking at having a voice chat solution....even thinking about it makes my head hurt lol...session nodes etc...

Comment

Is there a hack to enable physics for loot items, and still have them clickable?
                          LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                            Is there a hack to enable physics for loot items, and still have them clickable?
                            If you move the USE raycast from server to the client and pass to the server the item the player is trying to use. This will sort any issues where physics drops an item differently for the player and the server.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

How difficult would it be to take the inventory item and character sheet out of the game and into its own menu screen.? I am hiring a developer to do this but wondered how long roughly and what would be involved? the idea would be to have a saved loadout reading from an external db however I think we agreed to get it reading from a data table first

Comment

INSANE work, Vanguard Interactive <3
                                Bought it in the current sale (what a timing!) and am satisfied to bits 5*

Currently wrapping my mind around the entire logic, which will take time.... could you in the meantime guide me to where/how to implement a "get currently equipped item stats", so I can break that info into the tooltip UMG ?

Edit: to clarify, I'm trying to compare, let's say, an item in the inventory to the already equipped item in the respective slot.
                                So far, I'm only able to reproduce the tooltip for the item that's hovered over.

Many thanks in advance, and thank you for this piece,

Abaris
                                Last edited by Abaris919; 12-02-2016, 12:48 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X