Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for your help. I edited your "InventoryPlayerController" to use touch input but I didn't know where you called all mouse inputs. For you they are all in UI/Blueprints ( and player controller )? I will look there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Haoris View Post
    Hi,
    I want to use your inventory system on a mobile game projet but I don't know how and where to replace mouse input with touch input, I'm lost in all those files/directory. I added virtual joysticks and button so I can move, open inventory, interact, etc. but I can't "clic" on icons to use/equip items nor drag them.
    Any help please?
    I haven't done any touch input with unreal but if you edit the UI blueprints it should be pretty straight forward to convert it from a drag and drop system with right click use to a mobile friendly one as you will only need to edit the UI files.

Look in
    InventorySystem/UI/Blueprints
    InventorySystem/UI/Blueprints/Inventory

If you look at the event graph you will see how the UI is calling events on the inventory for things like Move and Use. Replacing some of that logic with your games touch control logic should get you started.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I want to use your inventory system on a mobile game projet but I don't know how and where to replace mouse input with touch input, I'm lost in all those files/directory. I added virtual joysticks and button so I can move, open inventory, interact, etc. but I can't "clic" on icons to use/equip items nor drag them.
    Any help please?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    After I gave this some thought, I recalled another bit of advice that [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] had once given (I think in a tutorial) and simply re-compiled and saved each offending function in the components. This corrected the cook errors for me without having to change the types and reconnect.

Perhaps you might try this the next time this particular problem crops up for you.

In future, if I make any changes to Blueprint structs, I'm just going to automatically re-compile all the functions that use them.
    There seems to be a few issues like this with structs in 4.12 from what I have heard.
    Best to always report the bugs you find in unreal on answerhub so that hopefully Epic is aware of them and can fix them quicker.

I am glad that solution helped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wrfstudios View Post
    I add a new variable to the "InventoryItem" Struct - (if I compile and run, it works and plays great and I wont noticed any errors unless I try to cook and package it up)

so to fix...
    After I gave this some thought, I recalled another bit of advice that [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] had once given (I think in a tutorial) and simply re-compiled and saved each offending function in the components. This corrected the cook errors for me without having to change the types and reconnect.

Perhaps you might try this the next time this particular problem crops up for you.

In future, if I make any changes to Blueprint structs, I'm just going to automatically re-compile all the functions that use them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I add a new variable to the "InventoryItem" Struct - (if I compile and run, it works and plays great and I wont noticed any errors unless I try to cook and package it up)

so to fix...

1) I go into InventoryComponent and find the "Inventory" variable (which is of type "InventoryItem" Struct)

2) then go to Details panel (for the "inventory" var) and change the type to "bool" or something so it unlinks all instances

3) then change it back to the correct "InventoryItem" Struct type (this somehow resets everything correctly)

4) then relink all "Inventory" variables back correctly because once you change the var type it will unlink the variable from everything it was previously linked to

that seems to fix it...
    Thanks! I'll give that a go.

Leave a comment:

• replied

so to fix...

1) I go into InventoryComponent and find the "Inventory" variable (which is of type "InventoryItem" Struct)

2) then go to Details panel (for the "inventory" var) and change the type to "bool" or something so it unlinks all instances

3) then change it back to the correct "InventoryItem" Struct type (this somehow resets everything correctly)

4) then relink all "Inventory" variables back correctly because once you change the var type it will unlink the variable from everything it was previously linked to

that seems to fix it...
    Last edited by wrfstudios; 07-09-2016, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for taking a look. I was able to fix the issue by deleting ALL the references to the struct and then replacing ALL the references and then re-linking - not too crazy about doing that all the time so... I would be curious to find out if 4.12.5 works better.
    I just encountered this problem and I am using 4.12.5. Could you elaborate on how you corrected this problem? It's not clear to me what you mean by "deleting ALL the references to the struct". In C++? Blueprints?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    This is an art export issue. Make sure your head asset is skinned to the skeleton headbone and exported out properly before importing into unreal.

Sounds like a bug with unreal and structs. You are using 4.10? I know in 4.11 a lot of struct issues were fixes (not all but it was a good start).

I will test with 4.12.5 when I get a chance and let you know if the bug still persists.
    Thanks for taking a look. I was able to fix the issue by deleting ALL the references to the struct and then replacing ALL the references and then re-linking - not too crazy about doing that all the time so... I would be curious to find out if 4.12.5 works better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by toothpick007 View Post
    Can anyone help me on wihy this is happening I have tried everything to get this to work and its driving me insane
    This is an art export issue. Make sure your head asset is skinned to the skeleton headbone and exported out properly before importing into unreal.

Please see previous reply (thread up 2 threads)... but its giving errors if I change the "Inventory Item" Struct also... and try to package game

Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItems.InventoryItems.InventoryItems'. Unknown structure.

is there a trick to refreshing the struct after editing it?

because it seems like if I add an entry to the struct... it then becomes an "unknown structure"
    Sounds like a bug with unreal and structs. You are using 4.10? I know in 4.11 a lot of struct issues were fixes (not all but it was a good start).

I will test with 4.12.5 when I get a chance and let you know if the bug still persists.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes it was a matter of broken functions after migration that needed to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please see previous reply (thread up 2 threads)... but its giving errors if I change the "Inventory Item" Struct also... and try to package game

Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItems.InventoryItems.InventoryItems'. Unknown structure.

is there a trick to refreshing the struct after editing it?

because it seems like if I add an entry to the struct... it then becomes an "unknown structure"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone help me on wihy this is happening I have tried everything to get this to work and its driving me insane

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Adding another entry to the ToolTipInfo Struct compiles without errors and runs ok... but wont let me cook and package...

I added a simple integer "Regeneration" variable under the intelligence variable

here are the errors in the log file

LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:SetToolTip.ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:737][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:GetItemToolTip.K2Node_MakeStruct_ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:738][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:Client_SetToolTip.ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:739][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:ExecuteUbergraph_InventoryManagerComponent.K2Node_CustomEvent_ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:740][ 0]LogInitisplay:

I immediately went to the SetToolTip function in the InventoryManager component to see if there was anything obviously wrong but there wasn't... I did a "refresh nodes" to see if that would help...

but its like the struct gets broken when I add a new entry to the "ToolTipInfo" Struct (even if I delete the entry and put it back to exactly what it was before... it no longer works and always gives me that error during packaging)

(using 1.5 version and ue4 4.10.4 version)

Do I need to do something else? Thanks
    Last edited by wrfstudios; 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Hi LLews, are you also assigning your new slot with a slot number in its details under inventory slot in widget?
    Yep that worked i cant belevie i missed that Thanks Overrated slots now work as intended.
    Thanks for all the help its been great
    Last edited by LLews; 07-05-2016, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X