Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scottc91 View Post
    I got it sorted, I was way over complicating it! Now I can update the craft data list and it will automatically update the crafting window with the icons and put them into their correct group in the crafting window
    Also, When it is pressed, it gets the item data from the list, checks the required materials, removes then and adds the crafted item makes life much easier now I have it all automated haha
    Well if your happy with that type of list thats great.

    Comment


      Hiyo!
      First off: Thanks for this System! I really like it - well documented and structured so that even I can handle it (somewhat)

      Though it seems like I've met with a problem now... I deleted some of your DEMO-meshes and ItemBP's, and now I'm getting a lot of errors...
      Everything works fine... Just a bit annoying/omnious that I'm getting these - any ideas what I can do to fix it?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	errors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	1116413
      Last edited by Connecta; 10-08-2016, 09:04 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Connecta View Post
        Hiyo!
        First off: Thanks for this System! I really like it - well documented and structured so that even I can handle it (somewhat)

        Though it seems like I've met with a problem now... I deleted some of your DEMO-meshes and ItemBP's, and now I'm getting a lot of errors...
        Everything works fine... Just a bit annoying/omnious that I'm getting these - any ideas what I can do to fix it?
        Hello,

        If you read the errors you see they have nothing to do with items so don't worry that's not what did it. Perhaps you changed your gamemode to use a different HUD class or Unreal just decided to unhook some wires to keep you on your toes.

        The real error is because in the InventoryPlayerController it looks like in your PlayerInitialize function the HUDReference isn't being set. This reference is used by the system to know where to get references to different widgets in the UI. In this case it's trying to access and read from the HUDReference to show and hide the InteractText widget when you have highlighted an item.

        You can see where it sets the HUDReference in the InventoryPlayerController show in this screenshot.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	hudref1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1116438

        And here you can see where one of the errors are, as it is trying to read the HUDReference to find the InteractText Widget but since HUDReference is null it's giving the error.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	hudref2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1116439

        By reading those errors you should be able to figure out why your project isn't setting the HUDReference and resolve them quickly.
        If you are still having issues after checking that out, please send us a support email to support@vanguardinteractive.com
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

        Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

        Comment


          I have a question about Left click events with the Inventory/equipment UI. I cannot seem to get Left double click or even single click to register on the Inventory Slot other than drag. Any direction would be appreciated, I want to change the Equip/Use to left double click and right click to open small menu. Right double click works and right click, but not the left. It works if I create a new different widget but not on any of the equipment or Inventory widgets.

          Thanks

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
            I have a question about Left click events with the Inventory/equipment UI. I cannot seem to get Left double click or even single click to register on the Inventory Slot other than drag. Any direction would be appreciated, I want to change the Equip/Use to left double click and right click to open small menu. Right double click works and right click, but not the left. It works if I create a new different widget but not on any of the equipment or Inventory widgets.

            Thanks
            You can find these events in the inventory slot widget.

            Comment


              That's where I have it. But only the right mouse doubleclick event fires. the left mouse doubleclick event never fires.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                That's where I have it. But only the right mouse doubleclick event fires. the left mouse doubleclick event never fires.
                The left mouse chick is getting overwritten by the drag and drop logic you will have to change it so its not.

                Comment


                  Could somebody help me with setting up new item quality color. I added new enumerator to list, i set up qualitycolors structure and appointed new color but when i change it in the item list it doesn't work. It's switched on the list but in game theres no border color around item icon and name of the item dissapeared. Is there a break qualitycolor function somewhere in there that i have to manually connect with new enumerator? I tried to look for something with tooltip info, but after 2 hours i have to surrender. All ideas appreciated.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TomaszuJerzy View Post
                    Could somebody help me with setting up new item quality color. I added new enumerator to list, i set up qualitycolors structure and appointed new color but when i change it in the item list it doesn't work. It's switched on the list but in game theres no border color around item icon and name of the item dissapeared. Is there a break qualitycolor function somewhere in there that i have to manually connect with new enumerator? I tried to look for something with tooltip info, but after 2 hours i have to surrender. All ideas appreciated.
                    Make sure you hook your new color up in the inventory slot widget and tooltip.

                    Comment


                      Sorted, thx OverRated_AU.

                      Comment


                        A few questions, if some folks could help answer them.

                        1) Is there a way to add items to player's inventories through an event separate from containers?
                        2) How would one go about using this inventory system to set up a vendor NPC? I've seen a few comments it would be easy, I'm not sure where I would begin.
                        3) What logic would need to be applied to filter or create separate windows for items based on category? Say when you open the player inventory, you can choose from consumables, key items, etc?

                        I know some of these questions might be more involved, but I'm really interested in learning more.

                        Comment


                          I don't know if it's a problem or not but every time I get a crash report it filled with this errors

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [14/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [15/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [16/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [17/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [18/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:795][166]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [19/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [20/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [21/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [22/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [23/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [24/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [25/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [26/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [27/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [28/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:811][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [29/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [30/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [31/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [32/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [33/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [34/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [35/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [36/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [37/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [38/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [39/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [40/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [41/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [42/0]!

                          [2016.11.06-10.56.49:812][167]LogScriptCore:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Inventory out of bounds [43/0]!
                          As you can see I add a lot more equipment slots but I have no idea why this error appear.
                          All slots work fine by the way.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SlightlyLive View Post
                            A few questions, if some folks could help answer them.

                            1) Is there a way to add items to player's inventories through an event separate from containers?
                            2) How would one go about using this inventory system to set up a vendor NPC? I've seen a few comments it would be easy, I'm not sure where I would begin.
                            3) What logic would need to be applied to filter or create separate windows for items based on category? Say when you open the player inventory, you can choose from consumables, key items, etc?

                            I know some of these questions might be more involved, but I'm really interested in learning more.
                            Hi, Yes you can add items to the inventory using TryToAddItemToInventory function from the inventory manager.

                            Merchants and vending machines just involve setting up a UMG UI window and logic which should extend off OnUsed interface on ether the NPC or world actor.

                            Creating a filter is simple do it within the inventory widget and simply loop your inventory items and match your filter name with the item type of each item collapsing and showing the items matching.


                            [MENTION=319904]blackdude[/MENTION] from those errors it seems your inventory and Inventory slot arrays do not match meaning some of your inventory slots won't work correctly.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                              Hi, Yes you can add items to the inventory using TryToAddItemToInventory function from the inventory manager.

                              I'm definitely not doing this right. =/ How do I make this work?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SlightlyLive View Post

                                I'm definitely not doing this right. =/ How do I make this work?
                                Are you running your logic as the server?
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                                Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X