No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How difficult would it be to adapt this to another skeleton (not the Unreal one)?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
      How difficult would it be to adapt this to another skeleton (not the Unreal one)?
      Very easy as the system doesn't rely on the unreal skeleton.
      You would just have to setup 4 equipment sockets. 2 for rings (if you want to keep equip-able rings), 1 for main hand and 1 for the offhand on your skeleton.

The actual equipment setup for skeletal meshes happens in the EquipmentCharacter blueprint. It has different skeletal mesh slots for equipping items and replicates changes to other players and syncs them to animate with your character. The only issue would be that the demo equipment items are skinned to the unreal skeleton. But they are just demo items and meant to be replaced anyways.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Tomorrow is the day which i have waited for long time. Price will be about 30-40usd??

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          Yes it is blueprint only but you can use it in c++ projects also.
          Marketplace content is released on Wednesday sometime during EST business hours usually.
          YES YES YES!!!! thank you

Comment

Very nice work, how hard would it to be to build on this, i would like to add in a crafting system for my survival game im working on thanks.

Comment

Waiting! :P

Comment

Full disclosure: I didn't buy this system (yet) - I was provided access to it in order to help test it. Thought it might be handy for anyone considering purchase to have a review handy though, and the system definitely deserves praise so... here it is! XD

The Action RPG Inventory System is a very well designed, logical and easy-to-use system that will allow all users, from newbie game designers, to seasoned unreal experts, to quickly incorporate, customise and iterate on inventory designs. The entire system is very clean and self-contained which makes it easy to expand upon and plug into both new projects and pre-existing ones alike.

The example content provided is an excellent demonstration of one way the system can be used, and indeed many will find that system to satisfy their needs and build upon it. However, the way the inventory is designed it's core strength really is how easy it accommodates different visual and mechanical designs. It can be used in any type of game and not just RPGs or as the demo content demonstrates. The example content provides a great demonstration that will give you ideas on how to incorporate it into your own projects.

This inventory is a great addition to the marketplace, and should be an easy asset to use for anyone who has even the most rudimentary understanding of blueprints.

Comment

Hi. Just wanna Hear if there is any problem with the release of it. I mean it is the 27th January and i cant find it in the marketplace. Any information about it?

Comment

I hope that it is coming finally today or tomorrow marketplace. not yet or then I have some problem with marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by tero83 View Post
                      I hope that it is coming finally today or tomorrow marketplace. not yet or then I have some problem with marketplace
                      Marketplace hasn't been updated yet. I think it should be in the next hour or so.

--edited--

or not lol..
                      Last edited by Pirate; 01-27-2016, 03:40 PM.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

/me taps his foot impatiently. been waiting for this since you announced it !
                        refreshing the search page every 30 min

Comment

Originally posted by aftersun View Post
                          /me taps his foot impatiently. been waiting for this since you announced it !
                          refreshing the search page every 30 min
                          lol I know right?
                          I feel this asset has been the most anticipated arrival in awhile!
                          I'll probably have to buy it after work today, although I was hoping it was up this morning... and then again now on my lunch break. /big_sigh

haha

Comment

its here! thanks man!

Comment

works as advertised, couldn be more happier, very VERY good job.

Comment

There is one little bug they are fixing

Editor Warning
                                Project names must not be longer than 20 characters.
                                You might have problems saving or modifying a project with a longer name.

Fix
                                When you create a project if you see the editor warning that the project name is over 20 characters simply exit and rename the folder from ActionRPGInventorySystem to ARPGInventorySystem.
                                Or simply name it ARPGInventorySystem during the create project process until they fix that little issue

Also please feel free to reach out to me for support in any of the following channels:
                                ---
                                Email: support@vanguardinteractive.com
                                Slack: @Pirate on UnrealSlackers slack group
                                or simply message me through the forums.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X