Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePharaoh1995 View Post
    is there any written documentation or a discord for this? I have spoken with multiple people who have also had trouble integrating this with other projects.
    There is no discord for ARPG and its a complex asset so you will need good knowledge of the engines blueprint system to understand how to integrate it with anything.

Originally posted by tidiii View Post
    has anyone manged to create a take all function?

please share how you did it...

also when this was made, data tables could not become a variable but now they can, so you dont need to override

also containers don't seem to have a loot table and it's weird because the loot actor which is the parent for the "dead bodies" does not have a loot table nor does it have an inventory so all the containers are empty??

edit: reading some of the previous posts, the pot is supposed to be a stash...why is...very weird considering that the whole demo map is littered with them...

so instead of using the pot as a chest or drop, we should instead create a child of loot actor or the dead bodies(common/hero lootlist) and make them the chest...
    Creating a take all function using Cmcginn's logic will work but is overall bad and will create issues, you should never loop! yes it was made before data table variables I would recommend updating the loot part of the inventory as its outdated.

Originally posted by LegendOfSparta View Post
    Hi everyone, so i'm trying to add Durability system into my equipments, i can set all the required logic but one, i just don't how to actually save the modified Durability, or where to store it so i can simply load every weapons current Durability when every it's picked/dropped or just after the game loads.

any guide regarding this will actually help me alot :3 thanks all for your time <3
    Save the dynamic inventory item stats when loading update the dynamic data from the saved array.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePharaoh1995 View Post

Look at his youtube channel there is a video for moving it over. Not to a specific asset so you will need to tweak to fit your needs. I can not find written documentation
    whose youtube channel? you mean the one for migrating this inventory system?
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    I am not aware of a guide, but if you have questions let me know, I did merge both. As a start, you probably want to get rid of the inventory and equipment components from DC.
    does that also include the weaponstorage?

also what did you do with the main melee weapon? i took a look at both projects and they seem to be doing things differently.
    this inventory system just put the weapon in the socket i think while the dynamic combat system has a main weapon bp.

i looked at the code for the combat system and i couldn't find out how the attacks are done as well. i guess is that each attack is a "skill"?

i also found that there are references to animation in attack_struct and the weapon also have it's own animation blueprint.

i cannot find the anim instances and how the system determines which animation to play (i saw it in mainmeleeweapon it doesn't say how to set or change the animations).

i would like to set my weapon as a BP so that i can change it according to what weapon the player equips instead of changing the mesh like how the inventory system does it, can you suggest how i can do this?

Last edited by tidiii; 04-13-2020, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think i fixed it by using this function instead which includes the code

https://gyazo.com/f6c8d957b4d3af621f369ca9512958bb

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone, so i'm trying to add Durability system into my equipments, i can set all the required logic but one, i just don't how to actually save the modified Durability, or where to store it so i can simply load every weapons current Durability when every it's picked/dropped or just after the game loads.

any guide regarding this will actually help me alot :3 thanks all for your time <3

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
    Probably best to add this too just clean things up. Sorry it added the other pictures out of order.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Clear.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	1743765

thank you very much!!! but there are bugs

the first is that when the inventory is full, the items that cannot be added to the inventory are still deleted.

the second is that when using this on a container, it removes the grid as well... (it does not seem to matter when using on a loot body because items become the "grid" but in a container (which is used as a stash in this system), the grids are present so that we can drop items in as well)

if i don't add the clear, you can keep on refreshing the loot bodies/container and it will keep re spawning items...

for the first bug, i checked and the "try to add items" does check if the inventory is full or not, but the items are still being removed.

i tried adding a remove item from array on success but it doesnt remove the item from the container inventory...

i'm not sure how to fix these issues...

please help
    Last edited by tidiii; 04-10-2020, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably best to add this too just clean things up. Sorry it added the other pictures out of order.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clear.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1743765

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope this helps.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TakeAllP2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	1743762
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    has anyone manged to create a take all function?

please share how you did it...

also when this was made, data tables could not become a variable but now they can, so you dont need to override

also containers don't seem to have a loot table and it's weird because the loot actor which is the parent for the "dead bodies" does not have a loot table nor does it have an inventory so all the containers are empty??

edit: reading some of the previous posts, the pot is supposed to be a stash...why is...very weird considering that the whole demo map is littered with them...

so instead of using the pot as a chest or drop, we should instead create a child of loot actor or the dead bodies(common/hero lootlist) and make them the chest...

Last edited by tidiii; 04-09-2020, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TitanUp72 View Post
    I would love to use the project with dynamic combat, but since everyone sets up there blueprints differently was hoping for some guides or documentation on were to start, i can remove there inventory, just no idea how to add yours
    Look at his youtube channel there is a video for moving it over. Not to a specific asset so you will need to tweak to fit your needs. I can not find written documentation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi i wanna know have anyone here done trading system before with this inventory system?
    recently cmcginn make a crafting system and i wanna reuse some of the functinality from that but here my problem..

im thinking of making a widget window that player in a radius or when they right click to trade and have option to trade with the person
    then when thats done have another widget where player can put the stuff,idk how can i make another widget where i can drag and drop item from one person to one person inventory and when i have a button that say trade it will put that in the other person inventory
    rn im pretty confused on how can i go do this..
    Last edited by KhxiSaki; 04-07-2020, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would love to use the project with dynamic combat, but since everyone sets up there blueprints differently was hoping for some guides or documentation on were to start, i can remove there inventory, just no idea how to add yours

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there any written documentation or a discord for this? I have spoken with multiple people who have also had trouble integrating this with other projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TitanUp72 View Post
    anyone have a guide to make this work with dynamic combat?
    I am not aware of a guide, but if you have questions let me know, I did merge both. As a start, you probably want to get rid of the inventory and equipment components from DC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyone have a guide to make this work with dynamic combat?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This work for mobile?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X