Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    [MENTION=190677]OverRated_AU[/MENTION]: Wow, thats really nice work you did there with your Iventory! And thank you for straighten things up with the Drag Issue^^ So i just have to disable the Drag Function and adjust my inventory design.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZenRigpa View Post
    Hey guys,

i am almost ready with customizing Pirate's Inventory System to my needs. I really appreciate his great support and this system saves me at least several months of time for learning and making such a reliable system on my own.
    However, i still have some minor issues i couldn't solve.

1. How can you prevent dragging the inventory/equipment windows off screen?

2. I have some backpacks in my game. If i pick one up i increase the inventory slots and on drop i decrease it again and it all works fine. But, if i move the inventory window the slots are not getting updated. The number of the slots is correct. But the displayed slots are not getting updated.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Maybe i should make a video...

I made a video:

Thats actually a engine bug that got introduced in 4.11 the bug report can be found here , the only option for now is to disable the drag on the container window or do what i did when i remade my inventory was to create a UI which didn't need to be dragged.

This is what i have done with my inventory system this isn't draggable, its based on the ARPG Inventory's logic and as a learning experience i recreated the whole inventory on a clean project on 4.12 to understand every element of the system and also to keep it as clean as possible and focused on a survival game inventory system, still in the process of working on the crafting UI.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 08-22-2016, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

i am almost ready with customizing Pirate's Inventory System to my needs. I really appreciate his great support and this system saves me at least several months of time for learning and making such a reliable system on my own.
    However, i still have some minor issues i couldn't solve.

1. How can you prevent dragging the inventory/equipment windows off screen?

2. I have some backpacks in my game. If i pick one up i increase the inventory slots and on drop i decrease it again and it all works fine. But, if i move the inventory window the slots are not getting updated. The number of the slots is correct. But the displayed slots are not getting updated.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Maybe i should make a video...

I made a video:

Attached Files
    Last edited by ZenRigpa; 08-03-2016, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Upgraded to 4.12.5 but Still having trouble with adding new variables to InventoryItems and Tooltipitems structs...

if I add a new variable such as "price" to the struct and then compile and run... it works great... but if I try to package the game... then I get these errors.

Code:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:777][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:LoadInventoryItems.InventoryItems.InventoryItem
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): s'. Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:779][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:IncreaseInventorySize.Temp_struct_Variable'. Un
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): known structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:779][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItemCount.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item'.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)):  Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:780][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetEmptyInventorySpace.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item'
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): . Unknown structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:781][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:ClearInventoryItem.Temp_struct_Variable'. Unkno
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): wn structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:781][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:SetInventoryItem.InventoryItem'. Unknown struct
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:782][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItem.InventoryItem'. Unknown struct
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:783][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItem.CallFunc_Array_Get_Item'. Unkn
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): own structure.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.01-14.20.07:784][  0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:InitInventory.Temp_struct_Variable'. Unknown st
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): ructure.

I fixed it previously by setting Inventory variable to a bool(or anything else) and then switching it back to inventoryitems struct and relinking all the nodes

but obviously that is a lot of work to do each time I want to add a new var...expecially since I have to do it all over again for the "tooltipinfo" struct also

Someone mentioned simply "recompiling all the functions" that use those structs... but that doesn't seem to be working for me (unless I am doing it wrong)

I am doing a search for "InventoryItems" struct variable and then re-compiling each Blueprint that has that variable in it (even though it already has a Green checkmark as if it's already compliled - so not sure if that's actually re-compiling the function)
    Last edited by wrfstudios; 08-01-2016, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    That was it. I failed to make a call to the parent Event Tick function with an Event Tick that I had added for another feature in my player controller child class. Back on track now.
    Great to hear

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Only other thing I can think of is maybe the raycast isn't working...
    That was it. I failed to make a call to the parent Event Tick function with an Event Tick that I had added for another feature in my player controller child class. Back on track now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Using the SpawnActorFromClass node, I can spawn an item in the game world, but I cannot interact (E - pickup) with it.

I perused the example of DropItem and have set the class to WorldActor and the ID to the Item ID. For testing purposes I used various included items such as the Food_Hambone.

What step am I missing here?

Is it necessary to make a call to the server? I am not taking the item from inventory but rather creating a new item in the world.
    Maybe a cast is failing on the use of the WorldActor. I would suggest putting in some print strings and breakpoints to make sure things are firing correctly in your project. Only other thing I can think of is maybe the raycast isn't working, but it should be if it's showing the Interact text but that happens client side. When you press E the Server does the same raycast and then calls the use fuction of the bp interactable interface.

Originally posted by exphrasis View Post
    Hi Pirate,

I've made some great progress on my side with all the support you guys have provided previously ! One thing I'm encountering at the moment, is when I set player characters to be usable, and add the usable actor interface, for some reason I'm not able to see any of their items when the container window to their inventory opens. The window appears, but there's however no items in it.
    Doing a print string on 'Get Inventory Item Count' from my PlayerInventoryComponent in the interface ' GetContainerProperties' also happens to return 0, even though players have items both equipped and in their inventory.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]103364[/ATTACH]
    hrmm, that looks odd. My first thoughts are that it's calling it client side so it's not properly showing the items as they exist on the servers inventory of the character.
    I would double check your code against the NPC examples in the ARPG Inventory System as they achieve the same behavior as you are trying to add.

send me an email to support@vanguardinteractive.com if you are still having issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Pirate,

I've made some great progress on my side with all the support you guys have provided previously ! One thing I'm encountering at the moment, is when I set player characters to be usable, and add the usable actor interface, for some reason I'm not able to see any of their items when the container window to their inventory opens. The window appears, but there's however no items in it.
    Doing a print string on 'Get Inventory Item Count' from my PlayerInventoryComponent in the interface ' GetContainerProperties' also happens to return 0, even though players have items both equipped and in their inventory.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1112516
    Last edited by exphrasis; 07-24-2016, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using the SpawnActorFromClass node, I can spawn an item in the game world, but I cannot interact (E - pickup) with it.

I perused the example of DropItem and have set the class to WorldActor and the ID to the Item ID. For testing purposes I used various included items such as the Food_Hambone.

What step am I missing here?

Is it necessary to make a call to the server? I am not taking the item from inventory but rather creating a new item in the world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by q025896 View Post
    I can't press B key to open the backpack . There is nothing happend.
    What resolution is your game at? are you working on a small laptop?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rotahn View Post
    Thanks for the tips pirate.. we'll have a look
    Are there any errors in the log when this happens?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the tips pirate.. we'll have a look

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't press B key to open the backpack . There is nothing happend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by damnboy10 View Post
    wow.. it's great buddy

Thank you , and don't forget to rate it on the marketplace page with how many stars you think it deserves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow.. it's great buddy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X