Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I'm trying to create a backpack system, however I'm having trouble creating this system, I used the container system and put function to add to the inventory, the drop function I put to when the id of the item is backpack, he spawn the backpack actor, but when I put some items and I picked up the item and drop the backpack the inventory is clear, I know it must be a silly doubt and sorry for bad English

thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Shinjinhu View Post
      Hello,

I'm trying to create a backpack system, however I'm having trouble creating this system, I used the container system and put function to add to the inventory, the drop function I put to when the id of the item is backpack, he spawn the backpack actor, but when I put some items and I picked up the item and drop the backpack the inventory is clear, I know it must be a silly doubt and sorry for bad English

thank you so much
      Make sure you are moving the items as the server, but without any way of seeing your logic it's hard to tell where the problem might be.
      I would suggest debugging and trying to find the part in your logic where things break.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Shinjinhu View Post
        Hello,

thank you so much
        You would have to add a inventory array to the inventory item its self, that way when you pickup the bag it moves all the items in the bag to the item inventory array and back out when its dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          Also [MENTION=192004]swarlog[/MENTION] remember the InventoryItems exist on the server, so the server has to do the check. If you try and read the Item as the client it won't exist.

If you are new to network blueprinting basics there is a series of tutorials on Epics YouTube channel.
          I'm having trouble with this as well;
          I have pistol, rifle and sword weapons so i need to detect which type the weapon is to update my animations accordingly.
          so far to try to get this working I have started with just getting the rifle to work - I added new equipment type (rifle), updated the existing assault rifle item to use this new type, and in my inventory manager Ive added new byte variable (rifle) thinking i would compare
          the equipped item in the main hand slot to this variable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMC_Rifle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	1115868

I moved the variable to local and still nothing, I'm assuming im doing a lot incorrectly...

Anyone who makes a simple tutorial on how to get different weapon types (when equipped in the main hand slot) to talk to the anim bp gets a real life sized hug from something pleasant of your choice
          Last edited by Mixolydian; 09-25-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixolydian View Post
            I'm having trouble with this as well;
            I have pistol, rifle and sword weapons so i need to detect which type the weapon is to update my animations accordingly.
            so far to try to get this working I have started with just getting the rifle to work - I added new equipment type (rifle), updated the existing assault rifle item to use this new type, and in my inventory manager Ive added new byte variable (rifle) thinking i would compare
            the equipped item in the main hand slot to this variable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111412[/ATTACH]

I moved the variable to local and still nothing, I'm assuming im doing a lot incorrectly...

Anyone who makes a simple tutorial on how to get different weapon types (when equipped in the main hand slot) to talk to the anim bp gets a real life sized hug from something pleasant of your choice
            You should have a variable on the Character Blueprint as the AnimBP reads from the character.
            So for example when you equip a new weapon have the server set this variable on the character and replicate it to the client.
            (Maybe it's an enum of weapon types, so like "Unarmed, Pistol, Rifle" and the value gets set each time a weapon is equipped/unequipped.)

Then the AnimBP can read this from the character and store this variable and then you can use that to choose the anim state during your animbp anim graph logic.

Hope that helps
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Thanks Pirate, I've been able to spend some more time with this today and have made some progress. Great work by the way, a real time saver and looks great

Comment

I've contacted you couple days ago , Will post this on forums, I have small error I need help with and pictures to show error . Click image for larger version

Name:	9dcca657ef013f5cf537cf4350e5b073 (2).png
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1116045

I am following your tutorial video which is pretty hard since the recent updates few names have been changed and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealsavvy View Post
                  I've contacted you couple days ago , Will post this on forums, I have small error I need help with and pictures to show error . [ATTACH=CONFIG]111976[/ATTACH]

I am following your tutorial video which is pretty hard since the recent updates few names have been changed and etc.

Hello Zeal, you sent an email to our support today (About 13 hours from the posting of this reply) expressing your problem merging with generic shooter. I do no see any emails from a couple days ago.

It looks like the InventoryUI Reference isn't being set that's what the accessed none error means. The variable has a null reference.
                  This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController when setting up the client part of the UI. You must pass in a reference from your UI to the IMC so it knows how to interact with the different widgets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_reference.jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1116047
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Hello Zeal, you sent an email to our support today (About 13 hours from the posting of this reply) expressing your problem merging with generic shooter. I do no see any emails from a couple days ago.

It looks like the InventoryUI Reference isn't being set that's what the accessed none error means. The variable has a null reference.
                    This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController when setting up the client part of the UI. You must pass in a reference from your UI to the IMC so it knows how to interact with the different widgets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111978[/ATTACH]
                    I apologize , I'm told we contacted you through skype first then sent email. Today I personally contacted you on the forum. How would I pass the reference ? I apologize for not knowing myself .

Comment

Stack Splitting: One thing I'd like to see is a slider or text box dialog that allows you to input the size of the stack you are splitting.

Comment

Does anyone else know what I need to do, or can help me. I just noticed he only answers every 3-4 days. Has not replied to my email or skype messages .

Comment

I have a couple of glitches that I am sure are the result of not applying an update somwhere.

The first, longstanding one: items do not always highlight to be used. Sometimes I have to run off, highlight another item, and come back.

The second, occurring lately: closing a container sometimes disables the mouse and I have to esc to a menu (not a ARPGIS menu) to get it back

I've done a few searches on the thread, but apparently did not come up with the proper search terms. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

WIP Thread

Comment

I apologize , I'm told we contacted you through skype first then sent email. Today I personally contacted you on the forum. How would I pass the reference ? I apologize for not knowing myself .
                            I can't teach you how to program or fix your own project for you. I can only offer advice on where you went wrong. I suggest following some of epics tutorials on basic blueprinting as this issue you are experiencing is very basic.

Does anyone else know what I need to do, or can help me. I just noticed he only answers every 3-4 days. Has not replied to my email or skype messages .
                            I replied with exactly what was causing the error in your migration and where to look in your project to fix it.

I didn't feel the need to also reply to an email that provided less information than the forum post that I already provided a solution for. Which it looks like you didn't even read.

Please reread my original reply it explains exactly why when you hit the keys to open/close inventory widgets it's not working. You are not passing in a reference to the UMG Widget it is looking for.

In the ARPGIS Demo the InventoryLayout UMG widget is exposed as a variable in the HUDLayout called Inventory. This is the reference being passed to the InventoryManagerComponent.
                            The IMC needs to know where the widget is to run some of the commands on the other widgets held within it (Equipment, Inventory, etc).

If you have migrated into your project and are not loading the InventoryLayout widget you will need to resolve that so that you have an valid reference you can pass in.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                              I have a couple of glitches that I am sure are the result of not applying an update somwhere.

The first, longstanding one: items do not always highlight to be used. Sometimes I have to run off, highlight another item, and come back.
                              This is caused by something you have done in your project.

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post

The second, occurring lately: closing a container sometimes disables the mouse and I have to esc to a menu (not a ARPGIS menu) to get it back

I've done a few searches on the thread, but apparently did not come up with the proper search terms. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
                              This is a bug with Unreal starting in 4.11 and I hope is fixed in 4.14. When the UMG Widget is hidden (after looting everything) it is no longer resetting the IsHovered UI states which is causing issues with the IsMouseOverUI Logic.
                              This is an Engine UMG Bug and not a bug with ARPGIS but I have provided a work around for now until Epic fixes it by basically disabling the IsMouseOverUI logic in the InventoryPlayerController.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post589383
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

This is caused by something you have done in your project.
                                Thanks. I'll look into what the line trace is doing.

This is a bug ...
                                Thanks. I remember that post now, but as usual neglected to attend to it immediately. Fixed now.

WIP Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X