Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Also there are a few people reporting when importing new weapon models that they are seeing the models disappear from the players hands shortly after equipping in newer versions of the unreal engine.
    I'm not sure what is causing this issue in your export steps from your 3d package, but one fix that won't hurt the Inventory System and should resolve the issue is to do the following in the EquipmentCharacter class

In EquipmentCharacter go into the functions OnRep_MainHandMesh and OnRep_OffHandMesh and delete the nodes at the end of the logic called SetMasterPoseComponent and the two get references plugged into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deletemasterposemainoffhand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1114704

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    these are the only two updates made since the last published update to the marketplace. All the other marketplace updates have links to the update post on the first topic at the bottom
    Excellent! Thank you !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Already voted.

At some point I am going to have to comb back through this thread to pull out all the little updates and apply them to our working copy.
    these are the only two updates made since the last published update to the marketplace. All the other marketplace updates have links to the update post on the first topic at the bottom

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please vote for this issue here as it is the cause of the bug:
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-31777
    [/I]
    Already voted.

At some point I am going to have to comb back through this thread to pull out all the little updates and apply them to our working copy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Need help for check if weapon is equiped or not.

Thx for up and fix ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, I just bought this and have been trying to integrate this into a first person project. I have a few questions, but one of the main ones for me is, is there a way for items to be automatically added to the hotbar when they're picked up? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is also an issue caused by 4.11 which is very noticeable when you drag the container window.
    If you then try to loot another container it will just show the old container and you can't interact with it.

Please vote for this issue here as it is the cause of the bug:
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-31777

All the other widgets still seem to drag and drop fine, so again hopefully this is fixed in 4.14.
    For now you can disable the drag and drop on the container widget easily by unhooking the Detect drag if Pressed in the Container widgets On Mouse Button Down function.

Name:	411_drag_fix.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1114514

This bug does not effect the actual Inventory System's drag and drop for items.
    I will consider updating the widget drag and drop logic if Epic still hasn't fixed this bug after 4.14 is released.

Please don't forget to vote for the issues and hopefully they start fixing some of these UMG bugs soon.
    Last edited by Pirate; 09-03-2016, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by swarlog View Post
    Bug report: To pickup all item of npc, camera rotation is block. Any notice?

Up new version to 4.13??
    This bug started in 4.12 and has not been fixed in 4.13. Please vote here to get them to fix it sooner.
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-32910

What is happening is when you loot a container and it hides automatically when fully looted, the bug is preventing the end Hover logic from happening on the widget (where as from 4.8-4.11 this worked fine).
    Same as if you had your cursor over the inventory and then you hit I to hide the inventory, the engine bug won't call the end hover states anymore.

The temporary solution is to bypass the IsMouseOverUI check in the InventoryPlayerController.
    This logic has nothing to do with the inventory system and simply made it so when the cursor was over the UI it would block the player from being able to rotate his camera.

Name:	412_controller_fix.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1114511

Hopefully this is fixed in 4.14.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice ^^

Thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bug report: To pickup all item of npc, camera rotation is block. Any notice?

Up new version to 4.13??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
    I would like to see a tutorial on how to make a store/vendor with this system.
    Creating a vending machine would be pretty easy with this inventory system, you could make it use the in game currency/gold.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to see a tutorial on how to make a store/vendor with this system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Me too .

There will be many games that don't require tooltips to be read off the server as they will be static and won't have specific dynamic values that need validated each time they are viewed from the server.

I am really hoping epic fixes those issues with the hovered state but most likely I will be submitting a 4.13 update with logic changes to work around the issues caused by engine bugs.
    This method supports dynamic values just fine , but the info is read from the clients inventory slot its self rather than a loop back from the inventory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mode for check if player use weapon item? Example... if player use equipement item weapon, thx ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZenRigpa View Post
    Sure, my Ammo is all Stackable. But except for the Shotgun Shells or Grenades all Ammo is in Magazines. For example 30 Rounds in one Magazine. Right now i added 2 more Variables to the Inventory Item. AmmoCount as INT what gives the actual Amount of Rounds in the MAG and AmmoType as ENUM. But like i said, now i have to modify all the functions that are handle Use, Drop, Move, Add Items and read out that values and give it to my Equipped Weapon to update the current Ammo.
    I was just wondering if there is maybe a easier way to do it with the inventory System.
    There is no way to avoid creating the logic for this. Create reusable functions that execute the new logic so you can cleanly integrate the changes into the existing functions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X