Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swarlog View Post
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] pls help.
    What do you mean ? why not just check if the weapon/MainHand inventory slot item is valid or not?

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
      What do you mean ? why not just check if the weapon/MainHand inventory slot item is valid or not?
      If weapon is equipped or not. Example...

Comment

If weapon is equipped or not. Example...
        Just check the inventory slot for the main-hand if its valid or not.

Comment

Just check the inventory slot for the main-hand if its valid or not.
          Yes, slot and item id?

Sorry, i need more help. Img of bluepints exmaple pls.

Comment

Yes, slot and item id?

There are functions like get inventory item use this with the mainhand slot number, and do a vaild check on the icon.

Comment

Yes, slot and item id?

There are functions like get inventory item use this with the mainhand slot number, and do a vaild check on the icon.
              Also [MENTION=192004]swarlog[/MENTION] remember the InventoryItems exist on the server, so the server has to do the check. If you try and read the Item as the client it won't exist.

If you are new to network blueprinting basics there is a series of tutorials on Epics YouTube channel.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Ok, in dev....

Click image for larger version

Name:	mqcfjHg.png
Views:	1
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1115408

Combat mode (weapon/fist)

https://youtu.be/ffBJfiL_z7M
                Last edited by swarlog; 09-16-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

First successful moving container.

Still a WIP. The cart has animations for moving wheels, but something is crosswise in the AnimBP.

The lag and video artifacts were introduced by the recording software and are not actually present in the game.

WIP Thread

Comment

Hello, Your project was Awesome as hell!!
                    I would like to buy it but now I currently working on survival game which is based on SGT (Survival Game Template) If i buy it Can I combine thses two togheter without make it bugs or replace files each other what do you suggest?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.

Now though, when I opened the level, it claimed 2 blueprints were looking for InventoryPlayerController, which, after migration no longer exists as those should all have been rereferenced to MPTopDownNetworkController. I know one of them was Inventory Layout.

Anyway, when I opened the 2 offending BP's and tried recompiling, they clear no problem. After saving them again, the error goes away, yet I still can't drag and drop items.

Functionally, all the HUD interfaces show up fine. If I pick up a single dropped item, it snaps into the first slot of my inventory without issue, but I can't actually drag it from my inventory to a player slot. Similarly, if I loot a Loot Hero, I can see the contents of the body, but I can't drag those contents to my character's inventory.

I know that may seem vague, but now I'm not even receiving load errors after I compiled.

I'm at a bit of a loss - otherwise everything is excellent. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or help me find what's still referencing the elusive InventoryPlayerController?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ff.

PS. Running 4.12.5... And using the latest assets from the Marketplace as of last week.
                      Last edited by FlashFreak; 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashFreak View Post
                        Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.
                        If you send me a support email I can send you a version of the two already merged if that helps.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Thanks Pirate! That would be very helpful.

I'll pop you an email there now.

Comment

Originally posted by CryDead View Post
                            Hello, Your project was Awesome as hell!!
                            I would like to buy it but now I currently working on survival game which is based on SGT (Survival Game Template) If i buy it Can I combine thses two togheter without make it bugs or replace files each other what do you suggest?

Thanks a lot!
                            Its possible to combined the two but it wouldn't be a simple task as both assets will overlap alot, if your new to blueprint you mite be better off using the ARPG Inventory + the stamina system from the marketplace these two aseets are easily mergable.

I would use this system over any other because of its design!
                            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 09-19-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

We use it - we love it. Hopefully we see more great projects from pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsterlutz View Post
                                We use it - we love it. Hopefully we see more great projects from pirate.
                                Thank you for the kind words

Don't forget to give a star rating to the products you own on the marketplace page.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X