Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Hello Zeal, you sent an email to our support today (About 13 hours from the posting of this reply) expressing your problem merging with generic shooter. I do no see any emails from a couple days ago.

It looks like the InventoryUI Reference isn't being set that's what the accessed none error means. The variable has a null reference.
    This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController when setting up the client part of the UI. You must pass in a reference from your UI to the IMC so it knows how to interact with the different widgets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111978[/ATTACH]
    I apologize , I'm told we contacted you through skype first then sent email. Today I personally contacted you on the forum. How would I pass the reference ? I apologize for not knowing myself .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zealsavvy View Post
    I've contacted you couple days ago , Will post this on forums, I have small error I need help with and pictures to show error . [ATTACH=CONFIG]111976[/ATTACH]

I am following your tutorial video which is pretty hard since the recent updates few names have been changed and etc.

Hello Zeal, you sent an email to our support today (About 13 hours from the posting of this reply) expressing your problem merging with generic shooter. I do no see any emails from a couple days ago.

It looks like the InventoryUI Reference isn't being set that's what the accessed none error means. The variable has a null reference.
    This is set during the InitializePlayer function in the InventoryPlayerController when setting up the client part of the UI. You must pass in a reference from your UI to the IMC so it knows how to interact with the different widgets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ui_reference.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1116047

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've contacted you couple days ago , Will post this on forums, I have small error I need help with and pictures to show error . Click image for larger version

Name:	9dcca657ef013f5cf537cf4350e5b073 (2).png
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1116045

I am following your tutorial video which is pretty hard since the recent updates few names have been changed and etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Pirate, I've been able to spend some more time with this today and have made some progress. Great work by the way, a real time saver and looks great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mixolydian View Post
    I'm having trouble with this as well;
    I have pistol, rifle and sword weapons so i need to detect which type the weapon is to update my animations accordingly.
    so far to try to get this working I have started with just getting the rifle to work - I added new equipment type (rifle), updated the existing assault rifle item to use this new type, and in my inventory manager Ive added new byte variable (rifle) thinking i would compare
    the equipped item in the main hand slot to this variable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111412[/ATTACH]

I moved the variable to local and still nothing, I'm assuming im doing a lot incorrectly...

Anyone who makes a simple tutorial on how to get different weapon types (when equipped in the main hand slot) to talk to the anim bp gets a real life sized hug from something pleasant of your choice
    You should have a variable on the Character Blueprint as the AnimBP reads from the character.
    So for example when you equip a new weapon have the server set this variable on the character and replicate it to the client.
    (Maybe it's an enum of weapon types, so like "Unarmed, Pistol, Rifle" and the value gets set each time a weapon is equipped/unequipped.)

Then the AnimBP can read this from the character and store this variable and then you can use that to choose the anim state during your animbp anim graph logic.

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Also [MENTION=192004]swarlog[/MENTION] remember the InventoryItems exist on the server, so the server has to do the check. If you try and read the Item as the client it won't exist.

If you are new to network blueprinting basics there is a series of tutorials on Epics YouTube channel.
    I'm having trouble with this as well;
    I have pistol, rifle and sword weapons so i need to detect which type the weapon is to update my animations accordingly.
    so far to try to get this working I have started with just getting the rifle to work - I added new equipment type (rifle), updated the existing assault rifle item to use this new type, and in my inventory manager Ive added new byte variable (rifle) thinking i would compare
    the equipped item in the main hand slot to this variable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMC_Rifle.jpg
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	1115868

I moved the variable to local and still nothing, I'm assuming im doing a lot incorrectly...

Anyone who makes a simple tutorial on how to get different weapon types (when equipped in the main hand slot) to talk to the anim bp gets a real life sized hug from something pleasant of your choice
    Last edited by Mixolydian; 09-25-2016, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shinjinhu View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to create a backpack system, however I'm having trouble creating this system, I used the container system and put function to add to the inventory, the drop function I put to when the id of the item is backpack, he spawn the backpack actor, but when I put some items and I picked up the item and drop the backpack the inventory is clear, I know it must be a silly doubt and sorry for bad English

thank you so much
    You would have to add a inventory array to the inventory item its self, that way when you pickup the bag it moves all the items in the bag to the item inventory array and back out when its dropped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shinjinhu View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to create a backpack system, however I'm having trouble creating this system, I used the container system and put function to add to the inventory, the drop function I put to when the id of the item is backpack, he spawn the backpack actor, but when I put some items and I picked up the item and drop the backpack the inventory is clear, I know it must be a silly doubt and sorry for bad English

thank you so much
    Make sure you are moving the items as the server, but without any way of seeing your logic it's hard to tell where the problem might be.
    I would suggest debugging and trying to find the part in your logic where things break.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monsterlutz View Post
    We use it - we love it. Hopefully we see more great projects from pirate.
    Thank you for the kind words

Don't forget to give a star rating to the products you own on the marketplace page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We use it - we love it. Hopefully we see more great projects from pirate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CryDead View Post
    Hello, Your project was Awesome as hell!!
    I would like to buy it but now I currently working on survival game which is based on SGT (Survival Game Template) If i buy it Can I combine thses two togheter without make it bugs or replace files each other what do you suggest?

Thanks a lot!
    Its possible to combined the two but it wouldn't be a simple task as both assets will overlap alot, if your new to blueprint you mite be better off using the ARPG Inventory + the stamina system from the marketplace these two aseets are easily mergable.

I would use this system over any other because of its design!
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 09-19-2016, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Pirate! That would be very helpful.

I'll pop you an email there now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.
    If you send me a support email I can send you a version of the two already merged if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone!

Firstly, thanks for providing excellent Marketplace content, and also for the activity in the Forums! It's really great to see the community rallying around useful content, and expanding on it. So many great ideas already!

I recently purchased both the ActionRPGInventorySystem and the Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I've followed the video tutorials for merging the two, and it was fairly easy to follow, although I'm more of an artist than a BP designer.

In testing, everything has worked just fine, however, I'm having some problems with Drag n Drop. It seemed to be working fine when I finished testing.

Now though, when I opened the level, it claimed 2 blueprints were looking for InventoryPlayerController, which, after migration no longer exists as those should all have been rereferenced to MPTopDownNetworkController. I know one of them was Inventory Layout.

Anyway, when I opened the 2 offending BP's and tried recompiling, they clear no problem. After saving them again, the error goes away, yet I still can't drag and drop items.

Functionally, all the HUD interfaces show up fine. If I pick up a single dropped item, it snaps into the first slot of my inventory without issue, but I can't actually drag it from my inventory to a player slot. Similarly, if I loot a Loot Hero, I can see the contents of the body, but I can't drag those contents to my character's inventory.

I know that may seem vague, but now I'm not even receiving load errors after I compiled.

I'm at a bit of a loss - otherwise everything is excellent. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or help me find what's still referencing the elusive InventoryPlayerController?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ff.

PS. Running 4.12.5... And using the latest assets from the Marketplace as of last week.
    Last edited by FlashFreak; 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X