No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ill be doing is using ammo boxes for my ammo, shotgun shells can be in a box of 12, what you could do is make a combine system so you simply drag a ammo box onto a mag/clip and its takes the amount from the ammo box and fills the clip, ether way you will have to customize the functions to fit your own game, as this inventory is only the foundation, just make sure you make a child component and make your changes within that.

Comment

Hey guys please vote for these engine bugs to be fixed seeing there all related to the Inventory System.

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-32910

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-30031

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-31777
      Last edited by OverRated_AU; 08-11-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hello - found another bug for you.

Open the base project and resize inventory with [ or ]. Then drag the inventory window to a new location. Now try to resize with [ or ]. You will notice that inventory does not resize after dragging the Inventory window.

Thanks
        Jake

Comment

I saw this issue with the clothing come up recently and I wanted to ask anyone who knows. What's the work flow on getting new pieces of clothing into the inventory system? Specifically, the skeletal meshes. I barely know any modeling software. It seems like if you stick to the SK_Mannequin you are fine. The example stuff comes from infinity blade. So we would need to know how to cut up the characters in those sets for their clothing. That would be a cool starting point, plus, other issues to watch-out for. Could someone explain how to do that or point us in the direction of a tutorial on how to do that? This might be a lot to ask or it might be really easy I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
            Hello - found another bug for you.

Open the base project and resize inventory with [ or ]. Then drag the inventory window to a new location. Now try to resize with [ or ]. You will notice that inventory does not resize after dragging the Inventory window.

Thanks
            Jake
            I missed one, just updated my post this is bug 3 so make sure you vote it up to be fixed sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
              Hey guys please vote for these engine bugs to be fixed seeing there all related to the Inventory System.

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-32910

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-30031

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-31777
              Votes cast.

WIP Thread

Comment

not read the forums for a while

voted

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                  Votes cast.
                  Great , If any ones intrested in a more efficient and cleaner way to create tooltips let me know, as i came across it when building my own inventory system based off simlar logic to this asset, i can make a video showing how this can be achieved in the ARPG Inventory, a few benefits are it doesn't require loading the item info from the server and each tooltip is contained with in each slot, and this method also doesn't use the engine IsHovered state so the above bug is no longer a problem.
                  Last edited by OverRated_AU; 08-18-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                    Great , If any ones intrested in a more efficient and cleaner way to create tooltips let me know, as i came across it when building my own inventory system based off simlar logic to this asset, i can make a video showing how this can be achieved in the ARPG Inventory, a few benefits are it doesn't require loading the item info from the server and each tooltip is contained with in each slot, and this method also doesn't use the engine IsHovered state so the above bug is no longer a problem.
                    I am quite fond of tutorial videos.
                    Last edited by Rhynedahll; 08-18-2016, 08:52 PM.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                      I am quite fond of tutorial videos.
                      Me too .

There will be many games that don't require tooltips to be read off the server as they will be static and won't have specific dynamic values that need validated each time they are viewed from the server.

I am really hoping epic fixes those issues with the hovered state but most likely I will be submitting a 4.13 update with logic changes to work around the issues caused by engine bugs.
                      Last edited by Pirate; 08-19-2016, 07:59 AM.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by ZenRigpa View Post
                        Sure, my Ammo is all Stackable. But except for the Shotgun Shells or Grenades all Ammo is in Magazines. For example 30 Rounds in one Magazine. Right now i added 2 more Variables to the Inventory Item. AmmoCount as INT what gives the actual Amount of Rounds in the MAG and AmmoType as ENUM. But like i said, now i have to modify all the functions that are handle Use, Drop, Move, Add Items and read out that values and give it to my Equipped Weapon to update the current Ammo.
                        I was just wondering if there is maybe a easier way to do it with the inventory System.
                        There is no way to avoid creating the logic for this. Create reusable functions that execute the new logic so you can cleanly integrate the changes into the existing functions.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Mode for check if player use weapon item? Example... if player use equipement item weapon, thx ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            Me too .

There will be many games that don't require tooltips to be read off the server as they will be static and won't have specific dynamic values that need validated each time they are viewed from the server.

I am really hoping epic fixes those issues with the hovered state but most likely I will be submitting a 4.13 update with logic changes to work around the issues caused by engine bugs.
                            This method supports dynamic values just fine , but the info is read from the clients inventory slot its self rather than a loop back from the inventory.

Comment

I would like to see a tutorial on how to make a store/vendor with this system.

Comment

Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
                                I would like to see a tutorial on how to make a store/vendor with this system.
                                Creating a vending machine would be pretty easy with this inventory system, you could make it use the in game currency/gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X