Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLews View Post
    Thanks For the reply Pirate I had done both of thoose, [ATACH=CONFIG]100547[/ATTACH]
    This is how things are looking in a blank project as you can see theres a fern in the added slot if the class item spawing is enabled seems to be the first item in the list from the class.
    Along with this as youll see in the next image while the mouse is hovered over the added slot it belives its over the head slot [ATTAC=CONFIG]100548[/ATTACH] sorry for the text was done with the Snip tool.
    Make sure your equipment slots in the equipment umg widget are numbered correctly, and that they match the same slots are your equipment slots Enum and your make inventory array, all 3 need to follow the same order.

Comment

Yep all of them are numbered correctly
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Enum.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1111484
      its 14th in the enum starting from 0 as head. Named 14th here in the equipment.

Name:	Equipment.PNG
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	1111485
      Then in the array its 14th as well

Name:	Inventory.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1111486
      Thanks for the help though

Comment

Oh I know what the issue is.

In InventoryPlayerController in the ServerLoadPlayerItems function you need to add another pin for the new equipment slot. It's this function that is loading the Inventory Item into the wrong slot.

Name:	LoadItems.png
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1111493

To get the load items logic to work with your changes it requires hooking up your new Equipment Slot and making sure it exists in the right place/order in the NPCItems struct.

Not sure why it thinks it's the head slot on hover though, but lets see what happens once it's loading the item into the right slot.
        Last edited by Pirate; 07-04-2016, 01:51 PM.
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Yep Thanks pirate That fixed the loading of items from the load logic but the slot still thinks it the head slot unfortunately as in if i move any item there it says it can not be equiped but if i move a head item there Then it equips it but it slots the item into the actuall head slot also it the new slot is right click it dequips the head slot if that makes any sense

Comment

Yep Thanks pirate That fixed the loading of items from the load logic but the slot still thinks it the head slot unfortunately as in if i move any item there it says it can not be equiped but if i move a head item there Then it equips it but it slots the item into the actual head slot also it the new slot is right click it ddequips the head slot if that makes any sense
            You need to update the Switch in the InventoryManagerComponent->GetEquipmentTypebySlot function.
            Since you have this new Equipment Slot you need to return the new Equipment Type that fits it.
            In the Enum the HEAD type is #0 that's why it thinks your new slot is a head slot as it's getting a null value (0).

Name:	EquipmentTypeBySlot.png
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1111496

There are only two switches for EquipmentSlots and the other is in the EquipmentInventoryComponent->Update Equipped Meshes function which handles replicating and updating the changes onto the Character when an item of that EquipmentType is equipped.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Yeah i had doen both of thoose

Name:	EquipmentType.PNG
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1111507

Name:	equipedmeshes.PNG
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1111506
              I think both of theese are corrently done is there anywhere else that delcares what each slot is or similar
              *Edit ok so my item now equips in the slot but does not show up in game but if i unequip it it unequips the head slot not the selected slot also when nothing is in the head slot it still does not unequip
              Attached Files
              Last edited by LLews; 07-04-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

its 14th in the enum starting from 0 as head. Named 14th here in the equipment.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]100636[/ATTACH]
                Then in the array its 14th as well
                Thanks for the help though
                Hi LLews, are you also assigning your new slot with a slot number in its details under inventory slot in widget?

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                  Hi LLews, are you also assigning your new slot with a slot number in its details under inventory slot in widget?
                  Yep that worked i cant belevie i missed that Thanks Overrated slots now work as intended.
                  Thanks for all the help its been great
                  Last edited by LLews; 07-05-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Adding another entry to the ToolTipInfo Struct compiles without errors and runs ok... but wont let me cook and package...

I added a simple integer "Regeneration" variable under the intelligence variable

here are the errors in the log file

LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:SetToolTip.ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:737][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:GetItemToolTip.K2Node_MakeStruct_ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:738][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:Client_SetToolTip.ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:739][ 0]LogInitisplay: LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryManagerComponent.InventoryManagerComponent_C:ExecuteUbergraph_InventoryManagerComponent.K2Node_CustomEvent_ToolTipInfo'. Unknown structure.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.07.06-19.34.55:740][ 0]LogInitisplay:

I immediately went to the SetToolTip function in the InventoryManager component to see if there was anything obviously wrong but there wasn't... I did a "refresh nodes" to see if that would help...

but its like the struct gets broken when I add a new entry to the "ToolTipInfo" Struct (even if I delete the entry and put it back to exactly what it was before... it no longer works and always gives me that error during packaging)

(using 1.5 version and ue4 4.10.4 version)

Do I need to do something else? Thanks
                    Last edited by wrfstudios; 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Can anyone help me on wihy this is happening I have tried everything to get this to work and its driving me insane

Comment

Please see previous reply (thread up 2 threads)... but its giving errors if I change the "Inventory Item" Struct also... and try to package game

Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItems.InventoryItems.InventoryItems'. Unknown structure.

is there a trick to refreshing the struct after editing it?

because it seems like if I add an entry to the struct... it then becomes an "unknown structure"

Comment

Yes it was a matter of broken functions after migration that needed to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Comment

Originally posted by toothpick007 View Post
                            Can anyone help me on wihy this is happening I have tried everything to get this to work and its driving me insane
                            This is an art export issue. Make sure your head asset is skinned to the skeleton headbone and exported out properly before importing into unreal.

Originally posted by wrfstudios View Post
                            Please see previous reply (thread up 2 threads)... but its giving errors if I change the "Inventory Item" Struct also... and try to package game

Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/Components/InventoryComponent.InventoryComponent_C:GetInventoryItems.InventoryItems.InventoryItems'. Unknown structure.

is there a trick to refreshing the struct after editing it?

because it seems like if I add an entry to the struct... it then becomes an "unknown structure"
                            Sounds like a bug with unreal and structs. You are using 4.10? I know in 4.11 a lot of struct issues were fixes (not all but it was a good start).

I will test with 4.12.5 when I get a chance and let you know if the bug still persists.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                              This is an art export issue. Make sure your head asset is skinned to the skeleton headbone and exported out properly before importing into unreal.

Sounds like a bug with unreal and structs. You are using 4.10? I know in 4.11 a lot of struct issues were fixes (not all but it was a good start).

I will test with 4.12.5 when I get a chance and let you know if the bug still persists.
                              Thanks for taking a look. I was able to fix the issue by deleting ALL the references to the struct and then replacing ALL the references and then re-linking - not too crazy about doing that all the time so... I would be curious to find out if 4.12.5 works better.

Comment

Originally posted by wrfstudios View Post
                                Thanks for taking a look. I was able to fix the issue by deleting ALL the references to the struct and then replacing ALL the references and then re-linking - not too crazy about doing that all the time so... I would be curious to find out if 4.12.5 works better.
                                I just encountered this problem and I am using 4.12.5. Could you elaborate on how you corrected this problem? It's not clear to me what you mean by "deleting ALL the references to the struct". In C++? Blueprints?

WIP Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X