Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ahhh! That was it! I didn't have the physics asset set right for the skeletal mesh - I had created one, but after the import so it didn't set it automagically for it - all I had to do was set it from the drop down and all is good! Thanks for the right direction!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
    Thanks for the reply - but I tried setting all the settings to the same that the Static Mesh was and it doesn't work for me - let me explain a little better what I tried... I took a Usable Actor, set the staticmesh to nothing - dropped in a Skeletal mesh - so far it *looks* like I want it to - but I do not get the little "press E to use" thing and cannot press E when I'm pointing at it - so I missed something for sure

Thanks for the help!
    It shouldn't matter if there is no static mesh set and you added a new skeletal mesh component. As long as the Skeletal mesh blocks visibility it will work.
    It really just sounds like unreal isn't hitting the collision of your Skeletal mesh. Have you setup the physics asset for your skeletal mesh, or double checked it has collision bounds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply - but I tried setting all the settings to the same that the Static Mesh was and it doesn't work for me - let me explain a little better what I tried... I took a Usable Actor, set the staticmesh to nothing - dropped in a Skeletal mesh - so far it *looks* like I want it to - but I do not get the little "press E to use" thing and cannot press E when I'm pointing at it - so I missed something for sure

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
    Hi - How would I use a skeletal mesh in my Usable Object? I tried just adding it but I can't click on it like I can the Static Mesh?

Thanks
    Make sure to check the Skeletal Mesh components Collision Preset. Most notably the Trace Channel.
    With the 1.7 update you want Visibility to Block.
    If you are using the MPTopDownKit you'll want the channel Clickable to Block.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi - How would I use a skeletal mesh in my Usable Object? I tried just adding it but I can't click on it like I can the Static Mesh?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]121312[/ATTACH]

When you change inventory size to custom (28 on image) and inventory slots per row to a custom number (15 on image) and start adding/removivng additioanal slots in to inventory, these slots will use custom (6 slots per row) layout. Where to look @ to fix it?

If you look inside the InventoryManagerComponent->IncreaseInventorySlots() function you will see there is a local variable called LocalMaxRowSize set to 6.
    It should really just be reading the InventorySlotsPerRow class variable in the two places this local variable is used and you can delete that LocalMaxRowSize variable after updating the logic.

I have added that bug to the update and patch notes. Thank you
    Last edited by Pirate; 12-12-2016, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1120013

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1120014

When you change inventory size to custom (28 on image) and inventory slots per row to a custom number (15 on image) and start add/remoe additioanal slots in to inventory, these slots will use custom (6 slots per row) layout. Where to look @ to fix it?
    Last edited by Medvega; 12-13-2016, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.
    Cool. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    When will the new update be published?
    The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When will the new update be published?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a new question How can I make the crosshairs more accurate? Let me describe a little and maybe you can point me in the right direction - I created a Desk, the drawers of the desk are usable items, when you use them they open and close - pretty simple.... but when the drawers are closed the area to click on them is very small and is not the whole face of the drawer (as you'd expect) - so where can I look to make that system work across the entire mesh of the object?

Thanks!

False alarm! I figured it out - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" I set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true and that gives me exactly what I want!
    Last edited by GeeksGoneBad; 12-12-2016, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, i have bought your project, and is working great so far, i managed to merge into my project, but for nothing i can make the client to work on it, hud spawns, everything, but i can`t press anything on client side, with server all good, and replicating to the client, what am i doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hey Guy, I have been working on this yesterday and I am realy excited to show you this hover UI for the ActionRPGInventorySystem.
    The movement of the UI adapts to your screen size and the wight and hight of the Tool Tip.

Nice work

I just spent the same day doing the same thing .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hey Guy, I have been working on this yesterday and I am realy excited to show you this hover UI for the ActionRPGInventorySystem.
    The movement of the UI adapts to your screen size and the wight and hight of the Tool Tip.

If you had read the update notes on a page back it would of saved you doing that hack approach, your better off waiting for the next update to drop because the tooltip logic has been overhauled.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X