Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.
    Cool. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    When will the new update be published?
    The update has been submitted to Epic. It can take them a day or 5 to update. Usually they are pretty fast lately. So I suspect mid week.

I will finish adding screenshots to the patch notes and finalise them tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When will the new update be published?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a new question How can I make the crosshairs more accurate? Let me describe a little and maybe you can point me in the right direction - I created a Desk, the drawers of the desk are usable items, when you use them they open and close - pretty simple.... but when the drawers are closed the area to click on them is very small and is not the whole face of the drawer (as you'd expect) - so where can I look to make that system work across the entire mesh of the object?

Thanks!

False alarm! I figured it out - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" I set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true and that gives me exactly what I want!
    Last edited by GeeksGoneBad; 12-12-2016, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, i have bought your project, and is working great so far, i managed to merge into my project, but for nothing i can make the client to work on it, hud spawns, everything, but i can`t press anything on client side, with server all good, and replicating to the client, what am i doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hey Guy, I have been working on this yesterday and I am realy excited to show you this hover UI for the ActionRPGInventorySystem.
    The movement of the UI adapts to your screen size and the wight and hight of the Tool Tip.

Nice work

I just spent the same day doing the same thing .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hey Guy, I have been working on this yesterday and I am realy excited to show you this hover UI for the ActionRPGInventorySystem.
    The movement of the UI adapts to your screen size and the wight and hight of the Tool Tip.

If you had read the update notes on a page back it would of saved you doing that hack approach, your better off waiting for the next update to drop because the tooltip logic has been overhauled.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] you should be setting the inventory actor class to just actor theres no reason to set it to a child, that way you can use the single variable for any type of actor you want to spawn using that inventory item, if you plan on having a lot of weapons i would look at a data table approach which doesn't depend on adding any extra variables to the item list, PS i also picked up that plugin but it seems it only collides on pawn bone collision so its useless at the moment for me.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 12-11-2016, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, there is a problem with the MeleeTrace, it crashes when casting a trace to the MainHandWeaponReference. Per default you directly get the MeleeWeaponClass reference with above setup, not directly the parent class. Will continue to look into this a little later ...

The original code
    Click image for larger version

Name:	orig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1119917

OKAY, i fixed it, see below video, basically you need to plug the EquipmentCharacterReference into the SpawnActor Instigator node

https://youtu.be/hipKmKmj6q4

If someone needs more screens refer to the MeleePlugin forum post
    Last edited by unit23; 12-11-2016, 02:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Glad you were able to get everything setup in your project
    Yes, and thanks to your excellent support Pirate! And the timing is just perfect, since i installed the TracePlugin this week, and was wondering the past days how to blend it into ARPGIS. Basically the TracePlugin is the same as your WeaponActor, but with some additional functionality for setting up traces and the On Hit logic.

ps. You might want to delete my quote, since i updated it a little and less image loading
    Last edited by unit23; 12-10-2016, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad you were able to get everything setup in your project
    Last edited by Pirate; 12-10-2016, 11:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Changes to adapt the new approach for equipment (MainHand and Shield), with MeleeTracePlugin "MeleeClass".

InventoryItem with additional (purple) "MeleeClass" for the MeleeTrace Plugin https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...tracing-plugin

Name:	InventoryItem.jpg
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1119908

The following changes affect EquipmentInventoryComponent

Additional LocalVariable for the Shield (with WeaponActorClass Reference). The MainHand uses the same, but with the MeleeWeaponClass (MeleeTracePlugin class variable), instead of the WeaponActorClass (ARPGIS class variable name). You have to delete the Spawn actor from class node, and some variables and the destroy actor node, because Unreal still refers to those based on the initial setup. So in case a node is broken, delete those nodes, and re-create the node, then you can connect nodes.

Name:	LocalVars.jpg
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1119909

Additional UpdateOffHandShield function, basically same as the newly introduced (ARPGIS 1.7) UpdateMainHandWeapon function, just with the shield variables. Notice for the MeleeTracePlugin the class is called "MeleeWeaponClass" we use here the "MainHand", and for the Shield (OffHand) the new ARGIS WeaponActorClass.

Name:	UpdateShield.jpg
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	1119910

Important, set the new local variables, inside the existing UpdateEquippedMeshes function.

Name:	UpdateWeapon.jpg
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	1119911

Bottomline, it takes about 30-60 minutes to update per the ARGIS 1.7 Instructions (Launcher ready next week) https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post635726 , which also include the bug issues from the past weeks. Those instructions work also for the TopDownMultiplayerKit - merged with ARGIS.

Update
    This change does not work in the merged project - Updated Line Trace in InventoryPlayerController->GetUsableActor() to now trace by Channel Visibility instead of by Objects.
    Last edited by unit23; 12-11-2016, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Thanks Pirate!

Btw, i think it would help you, me and others if there would be 1 place to assess the update cycle. I did not bothered to update the Launcher content, but just did it, but i am not entirely sure which version is the current (probably 1.6), without opening the project and skipping through the code. Also 1 place for all updates, would help to better understand issues, like outlined above with the flickering. And is it possible to get the new update tonight? I already verified my purchase with Will.
    All the update notes are in one place (and there are always links at the bottom of the initial post that point to the update notes) but as I am still working on the update the notes are constantly being edited and new steps provided.
    I will post again letting everyone know when the update is finished and all the notes are final in this post:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post635726

You can see the project version in the project settings. It will be 1.6 unless you the inventory before Summer/September.

I won't be able to provide an updated version to you this weekend. I plan to submit on Monday so that would be the earliest I would be able to but you would need to message me Monday through our support email.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    Ok, remove disable if inventory is full, but if dont work increase? Its logic?))))
    I tested in a fresh project and filled up the inventory then added new slots. It worked fine please double check your logic in your project.

Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    - Totally revamped Tool Tips to work using built in UMG Tool Tip features. LOL ))) Thank you so much!!)))))
    Haha yes your support emails had me thinking there is a better way to do it. The new tool tips are so much better.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X