• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]
    What could be the cause of

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:874][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.Temp_struct_Variable'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:878][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_GetDataTableRowFromName_OutRow'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:889][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_GetDataTableRowFromName_OutRow3'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:898][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.K2Node_SetFieldsInStruct_StructOut'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:908][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_TryToAddItemToInventory_OutItem'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:918][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.LocalInventory.LocalInventory'. Unknown structure.

I think I only added a new variable (actually 3?) to the Item struct
    Everytime I open the project I also have to compile the World_actor for some reason. I dont think I changed anything (didnt happen before)

Oh, and its the merged version of this and multiplayer topdown kit.. It was working fine until I added the variable.. mm

The issue isn't with the ARPGIS as I did not create structs. But with Epic continually trying to fix them in BP and it seems they can't get their issues sorted.

It is always advisable to fix redirectors and delete your saved and intermediate folders when you are having issues cooking.

When adding a new variable to the struct it will update any blueprint that uses the struct. A simple recompile and save is all it needs. You just need to compile InventoryComponent before you try and compile it's child EquipmentInventoryComponent and that's due to inheritance. If your blueprints start behaving strange it's an editor bug.

I would recommend posting any struct related issues on answerhub so they can hopefully fix them and not keep creating news ones.
    Last edited by Pirate; 12-19-2016, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]
    What could be the cause of

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:874][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.Temp_struct_Variable'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:878][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_GetDataTableRowFromName_OutRow'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:889][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_GetDataTableRowFromName_OutRow3'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:898][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.K2Node_SetFieldsInStruct_StructOut'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:908][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.CallFunc_TryToAddItemToInventory_OutItem'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.12.20-00.06.21:918][ 0]LogProperty:Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/InventorySystem/Blueprints/InventoryPlayerController.InventoryPlayerController_C:ServerLoadPlayerItems.LocalInventory.LocalInventory'. Unknown structure.

I think I only added a new variable (actually 3?) to the Item struct
    Everytime I open the project I also have to compile the World_actor for some reason. I dont think I changed anything (didnt happen before)

Oh, and its the merged version of this and multiplayer topdown kit.. It was working fine until I added the variable.. mm

Seems somethign similar like this (except for the first issue)
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    1.) Upgrade notes are posted here. You can just delete the SetInputGameAndUI Node from the InventoryHUD event graph as that gets set in the PlayerController already. The error is because it's expecting you to now feed in the PlayerController Reference. So you can either do that or simply delete it. More Info can be found here:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post623996

2.) Looks like the struct issue where it updates all the structs in each BP when changes are made now. Try recompiling and saving the parent class Usable_Actor and the InventoryManagerComponent first.
    If it's still not working perhaps you can send me an email with a link to the project (delete the saved/intermediate folders first before zipping to reduce filesize) and I can try and see what's happening so we can make sure Epic knows about the new struct bug.

Epic is doing a lot of changes to Structs to try and make them better. But really it's quite sad how problematic they can be in blueprints.
    Everytime I hit compile on World_actor
    this shows up

BlueprintLog: New page: Compile World_Actor
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] Item Has No World Mesh

(I dont have any item in the ground?)
    Last edited by Namesis; 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also I was able to get in touch with Epic directly today.
    They said the 1.7 update should get out sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, December 20th) during their work day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vyn_halcyon View Post
    Hi!
    How does (what triggers) the inventory system to visually attach (Attach Actor to Actor component?) a Breastplate onto a skeletal mesh?
    I been trying to figure out how action RPG Inventor System works in this regard, but I found no sockets parented the spine bone, nor any sort of indication of blueprints actually issuing a mesh attaching and/or hide unhide mechanic, nor did I see any meshes baked into the Character Mesh.

I did however see a "set with notify" node under EquipmentInventoryComponent, which leads me to believe it uses the animation notify system?
    I am so confused.

All I wanna do is equip things onto my own character. it has a different skeletal mesh.
    I get I need to set main hand, offhand, ring etc, but what about legs and chest?
    Unlike the other hacky inventory systems on the marketplace this uses properly setup art to demonstrate how things should be done in normal development. The reason why all the worn items are Skeletal Meshes is so that they can animate with the character and have their weights painted so they bend properly with the animations.

There are many tutorials online for rigging/Painting weights (both mean the same thing. Assigning bone data to the mesh for animation) and it is not specific to unreal. If your game is extremely basic like "Minecraft" style characters you can get away with only sockets.
    In that case I would take a look at just changing the other slots logic to work like the MainHand/OffHand/Rings logic in the EquipmentCharacter.

And for reference the EquipmentCharacter gets manipulated by the EquipmentInventoryComponents->UpdateEquippedMeshes() function. This is where it sets and clears the meshes on the Character by updating the EquipmentCharacter class. So if you study that function and the EquipmentCharacter class it should be very obvious how it works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    why events dont work in any BP_actor?!
    in the BP_Actor you need to set owner or else the "Run On Server" settings in a custom event won't work.
    Last time I checked though Set Owner in BP was broken.

This is not an issue with ARPGIS, it's an engine issue. Please check answer hub for more information on setting the owner for an ACTOR to use Custom Events. Or you will need to change your design to work around this engine bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in logic container window bug.
    I change move logic and window not see on screen, but action is completed!
    why events dont work in any BP_actor?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Take a look at the Equipment Character in the InventorySystem\Blueprints Folder - you'll see the equipment slots there - they are skeletal meshes so they are not socketed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
    Have you tried - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true - and that made the accuracy a lot better for me
    The main cause of this behavior is the trace is only interacting with the capsules collision which is still in its original transform, playing a animation does not change the transform of the capsule, a way to fix this is to setup a collision volume that covers the pawn in its death anim, and triggers it when the pawn is dies or simply replace the pawn with a loot actor after the animation has played.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!
    How does (what triggers) the inventory system to visually attach (Attach Actor to Actor component?) a Breastplate onto a skeletal mesh?
    I been trying to figure out how action RPG Inventor System works in this regard, but I found no sockets parented the spine bone, nor any sort of indication of blueprints actually issuing a mesh attaching and/or hide unhide mechanic, nor did I see any meshes baked into the Character Mesh.

I did however see a "set with notify" node under EquipmentInventoryComponent, which leads me to believe it uses the animation notify system?
    I am so confused.

All I wanna do is equip things onto my own character. it has a different skeletal mesh.
    I get I need to set main hand, offhand, ring etc, but what about legs and chest?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So it looks like Epic never got around to publishing the update. No email response from them either all week.
    I hope it will happen before they all take the holidays off....
    Last edited by Pirate; 12-17-2016, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Thanks Geek, for some reason i had set MultiTrace Works now as intended.
    Perfect

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeeksGoneBad View Post
    Have you tried - in the "GetUsableActor" in the "InventoryPlayerController" set the "Trace Complex" of the "LineTraceForObjects" to true - and that made the accuracy a lot better for me
    Thanks Geek, for some reason i had set MultiTrace Works now as intended.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    It shouldn't matter if there is no static mesh set and you added a new skeletal mesh component. As long as the Skeletal mesh blocks visibility it will work.
    It really just sounds like unreal isn't hitting the collision of your Skeletal mesh. Have you setup the physics asset for your skeletal mesh, or double checked it has collision bounds?
    There are however some issues with the current collision setup. When the object is in front of the player it works most of the times, but when the object is on the floor, it only works sporadically (Using merged project, with clickable collision channel).

See video, using radius 20, tried 100 too. Any idea what could be done to improve the tracing? Basically it should work always, just a click would be enough for my needs. Physic asset is setup okay. Clickable is enabled upon death.

https://youtu.be/RLUd2L8G3vQ
    Last edited by unit23; 12-16-2016, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice work ! congrats !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X