Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Can we have a trade example within this system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The inventory and equipment window can not be moved any more, how can I fix it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Any chance you are going to share those BP hacks?

Blueprint hacks? taking a template learning from it then building a new inventory system based on similar logic isn't classed as hack lol, also people building upon this inventory system adapting it to there needs also isn't hacks dude lol, and i'm sure you can learn these hacks your self.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Just to let people know what possible with this inventory system and its logic, I based our games inventory off the ARPG inventory logic our game got greenlit a few weeks back, so i thought i would share some features people my want to add into there own inventory systems.

Equipment dependency's
    Having a single item occupy more than a single Equipment slot.

Item Durability
    Items slowly degrade over time and use.

Item Popup Menu
    Offers Features like item amount splitting, Use, Dropping, Repairing, Scraping really any logical related to the inventory and the item should be added here to call.
    Any chance you are going to share those BP hacks?

Update: I previously asked for info about dynamic MainHand socket. However, the animations i have which use a different MainHand bone, are being updated (just got the info). So if you own Riko's 2 Hand aniamtions, he will update those to work with Hand R bone.
    Last edited by unit23; 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to let people know what possible with this inventory system and its logic, I based our games inventory off the ARPG inventory logic our game got greenlit a few weeks back, so i thought i would share some features people my want to add into there own inventory systems.

Equipment dependency's
    Having a single item occupy more than a single Equipment slot.

Item Durability
    Items slowly degrade over time and use.

Item Popup Menu
    Offers Features like item amount splitting, Use, Dropping, Repairing, Scraping really any logical related to the inventory and the item should be added here to call.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 12-23-2016, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Have you already posted the manual update steps?
    The update notes are always linked in the first post.
    You can find them here

Originally posted by Axxi View Post
    it was updated today
    Took them long enough!, I apologize for the delay everyone. I'm just happy they got it out before the holidays.

I will be on vacation for the holidays so if you need any support the best way to reach me is always by email as I will get those messages on my phone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it was updated today

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Also I was able to get in touch with Epic directly today.
    They said the 1.7 update should get out sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, December 20th) during their work day.
    Have you already posted the manual update steps?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did what you told me and I solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    Hello there. When I send Line Trace in multiplayer, the beam passes through the character. I can write on the screen when the beam hits the wall, but it does not work on this character.

I want to reduce the HP of the character when the line trace hits the character. But the light passes through the character. It does not hit the character.

Looks like that
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]122273[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122274[/ATTACH]

But, I do not have the same problem when I send it to the NPC.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122286[/ATTACH]
    By default in Unreal the PAWN preset does not block the Visibility Channel (The NPC Examples were set to block it). So for the player you will need to set the Collision preset to CUSTOM and then check the Block Visibility box if you are wanting to do a Visibility trace. There are many different types of traces you can do.

That being said you will probably want to do your trace abit differently for dealing damage then how the ARPGIS interact trace is setup as it's designed simply for interaction with objects.
    There should be plenty of information on the Unreal wiki about raycasts/traces in blueprint that will help you understand better what way is best for your needs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there. When I send Line Trace in multiplayer, the beam passes through the character. I can write on the screen when the beam hits the wall, but it does not work on this character.

I want to reduce the HP of the character when the line trace hits the character. But the light passes through the character. It does not hit the character.

Looks like that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	njj3RM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1120337

Name:	l336dr.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1120338

But, I do not have the same problem when I send it to the NPC.

Name:	but.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1120347
    Last edited by Emrehan; 12-20-2016, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    Hello
    I did what you suggested, Fixing Redirectors, Deleting Intermediate/saved/bin/build folders (all that are created). After that I just had to re-wire some Inventory Structures in the World_Actor and InventoryComponent and Container_Actor.. that did the trick..

man.. the Engine's crazy (well the Cooking?)

Anyways.. if anyone happens to have these errors.. ^
    thanks Pirate-

Haha yes it is crazy. But that's the problem when the focus is more on features than stability.

Glad you got it all working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello
    I did what you suggested, Fixing Redirectors, Deleting Intermediate/saved/bin/build folders (all that are created). After that I just had to re-wire some Inventory Structures in the World_Actor and InventoryComponent and Container_Actor.. that did the trick..

man.. the Engine's crazy (well the Cooking?)

Anyways.. if anyone happens to have these errors.. ^
    thanks Pirate-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    Everytime I hit compile on World_actor
    this shows up

BlueprintLog: New page: Compile World_Actor
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_0] Item Has No World Mesh
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] None NOT FOUND IN ITEM LIST
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [World_Actor_C_12] Item Has No World Mesh

(I dont have any item in the ground?)
    I'm not sure why it thinks there are two instances of World_Actor in your project. I would fix it by double checking your map, cleaning up redirectors and delete the saved and intermediate folders. Maybe they are temporarily created while compiling if that's the case then the print strings aren't anything to he worried about. But
    It seems like there might be some bad references the editor is holding onto in your project after deleting/moving blueprints around or just regular development which is likely what's causing your cook to fail.
    (This is a common issue in unreal and again not caused by the ARPGIS)

As for the Messages themselves they are nothing to be worried about and are by design. I added in-case a user created an item but setup something wrong and was wondering why it didn't show up. When you hit compile the construction script is run.

When the construction script runs for the World_Actor it tries to load the Item and Mesh.
    But since the World Actor ID is set to None (these debug print strings I added show) where as the child classes of World_Actor with an ID specified that you place in the world have the ID set to the ItemID and won't trigger this.
    Last edited by Pirate; 12-19-2016, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X