Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    You will be better off changing the main hand to a actor equip system and do all your emitters inside the weapons blueprint its self.
    I wouldn't know where to begin to do that but I am willing to learn, also I'm stuck with the animation blueprint, I disabled the anim BP to add a mesh to the equipment character and now when I select the animBP again and recompile I loose all animation for the character I recompiled and saved every blueprint in the project but still nothing restarted as well

    Comment


      Originally posted by locknutz View Post
      I wouldn't know where to begin to do that but I am willing to learn, also I'm stuck with the animation blueprint, I disabled the anim BP to add a mesh to the equipment character and now when I select the animBP again and recompile I loose all animation for the character I recompiled and saved every blueprint in the project but still nothing restarted as well
      Make sure it still has the correct anim blueprint selected for the mesh for the character.

      To setup a actor equip system you want to add a actor class to your inventorys item structure, and inside the equipment character add a new class variable called mainhandactor and set it to rep notify, then in UpdateEquippedMeshes have a check to see if there is a vaild actor class on the following item if so set the mainhandactor and if there is no class set mainhand mesh instead, this should point you in the right direction but you also have to handle unequipping.

      sorry replying off my phone so its abit hard to type.
      Last edited by OverRated_AU; 05-16-2016, 03:11 AM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by locknutz View Post
        I wouldn't know where to begin to do that but I am willing to learn, also I'm stuck with the animation blueprint, I disabled the anim BP to add a mesh to the equipment character and now when I select the animBP again and recompile I loose all animation for the character I recompiled and saved every blueprint in the project but still nothing restarted as well
        Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        Looks like an sRGB issue try ticking the sRGB box in your texture off to see if it corrects
        Unfortunately not. Is this perhaps a bug in the engine?

        Comment


          Originally posted by black cat View Post
          Unfortunately not. Is this perhaps a bug in the engine?
          Icons should be made in PS or Gimp print screen the mesh in the view port then create them and import into the engine.

          Comment


            Originally posted by locknutz View Post
            I wouldn't know where to begin to do that but I am willing to learn, also I'm stuck with the animation blueprint, I disabled the anim BP to add a mesh to the equipment character and now when I select the animBP again and recompile I loose all animation for the character I recompiled and saved every blueprint in the project but still nothing restarted as well
            Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
            Icons should be made in PS or Gimp print screen the mesh in the view port then create them and import into the engine.
            That is exactly what I did. As I said, the picture appears overbright no matter the settings. I think that is a bug in the engine? I have tried several formats now. TGA, PNG, JPG, with and without alpha.

            Comment


              Originally posted by black cat View Post
              That is exactly what I did. As I said, the picture appears overbright no matter the settings. I think that is a bug in the engine? I have tried several formats now. TGA, PNG, JPG, with and without alpha.

              Its not a bug as i have imported over 10 icons on 4.11 so far, Try exporting one of the demo icons and using that as a template, remember to select lighting complexity to grab a alpha map of the mesh so you can remove the viewport background for the icon, it will save you cutting around the edges.

              Comment


                I am getting this problem with any picture. I will take this to the asset creation forum, as this is not a problem with the ARPG.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by black cat View Post
                  I am getting this problem with any picture. I will take this to the asset creation forum, as this is not a problem with the ARPG.
                  If you find a solution please post it here as others will most likely run i to it as well.

                  Wish I knew what was causing it.
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                  Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                  Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                  Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                  Comment


                    hello again so I tried to move over my mount system from my test project and it broke lol any ideas would help, I'm using the inventory controller as my base controller but when I possess the "mount" I have no movement I can rotate the camera with the arrow keys and open my inventory and everything, just cant move. The system works fine in any other project so is it an issue with me using the Inventory controller as base? sorry if this isn't related to the system

                    I tried just possessing another equipment character, and inventory character, but non have movment
                    Last edited by locknutz; 05-17-2016, 01:09 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by locknutz View Post
                      hello again so I tried to move over my mount system from my test project and it broke lol any ideas would help, I'm using the inventory controller as my base controller but when I possess the "mount" I have no movement I can rotate the camera with the arrow keys and open my inventory and everything, just cant move. The system works fine in any other project so is it an issue with me using the Inventory controller as base? sorry if this isn't related to the system

                      I tried just possessing another equipment character, and inventory character, but non have movment
                      When merging projects make sure your not doubling up on inputs as the ARPG Inventory is ment to be used as a base it has its own inputs inside the player controller, most project have the movement inside the player character, try adding print strings to the movement inputs to see if there firing.

                      Comment


                        Hi Again, [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]


                        Please.

                        I need help about this, I'm using your examples to be able to use the data tables in your inventory system to create functional items for my game, like add health, mana, speel, functional weapon

                        Your help will be appreciated

                        luny
                        Last edited by lunyBunny; 05-23-2016, 09:47 AM.
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          When merging projects make sure your not doubling up on inputs as the ARPG Inventory is ment to be used as a base it has its own inputs inside the player controller, most project have the movement inside the player character, try adding print strings to the movement inputs to see if there firing.
                          Hello thanks for the reply, the inputs for the controller are not firing, but I did notice I had inputs in the base third person character blueprint I took them out and its still wanting to go from there it seems.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by locknutz View Post
                            Hello thanks for the reply, the inputs for the controller are not firing, but I did notice I had inputs in the base third person character blueprint I took them out and its still wanting to go from there it seems.
                            In your game mode make sure you have the correct character selected, the characters inputs will be overwritten by the controller.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                              Hi Again, [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]


                              Please.

                              I need help about this, I'm using your examples to be able to use the data tables in your inventory system to create functional items for my game, like add health, mana, speel, functional weapon, xp... (class selection, characters tandy / mupped and add gold works!!!!), but

                              I tried to use regeneration and consumable examples. I copied all the code, variables, functions, nodes regen and consumable related for my player controller in my game.

                              It should works fine, but life does not regenerate when I consume a red apple, and nor decreases when a green apple is consumed.: / Continues scoring 60 in life bar.


                              I need to know the steps to include this in my game (ie say the paths, as you said about interact text that helped me a lot). Mainly So that I may to compare with what I did here, to try to find what kind of information is missing.


                              If it helps I can post screenshots of the things I did

                              Your help will be appreciated

                              luny
                              When copying over functions you need to be very careful to compare the parts that are missing after the copy. Because there will be parts missings, variables that do not exist in the new blueprint, broken connections. So the first stept is to make sure the copy is 1:1 identical. Then to fix bugs, you need to first find out where the bug happens. You can do that with ghetto debug. Place a print text node near nodes so when your code runs you can trace where it fails.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by black cat View Post
                                When copying over functions you need to be very careful to compare the parts that are missing after the copy. Because there will be parts missings, variables that do not exist in the new blueprint, broken connections. So the first stept is to make sure the copy is 1:1 identical. Then to fix bugs, you need to first find out where the bug happens. You can do that with ghetto debug. Place a print text node near nodes so when your code runs you can trace where it fails.
                                Yes, the best approach is to make sure you create the functions with the input/outputs then create the local variables with the exact names and correct types. After that copy and pasting should be for the most part painless.

                                Luny, I will try and put togethet a list for you tomorrow. There should be the functions in the controller a few events on the event graph and I believe in the Character class too. If that all seems the same as you already migrated then make sure the UI widgets are accessing your class as the PlayerFrame widget has a cast node when reading data, so you will need to replace that to read variables from your own class.

                                That last part is most likely your issue.
                                Let me know of that is the case or not.
                                Last edited by Pirate; 05-17-2016, 06:51 PM.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                                Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X