Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's a bug no Engine. You need create guide, for user "CUSTOMIZATION". Rework container logic in ARPGIS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    don't work...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hey OverRated-AU. This Tutorial is completly optional if you think that is a waste than ignore my Tutorial. I just did it because I thought that some people want to run code in the Armor and I showed how.
    Bye and Merry Christmas.
    Thank you for posting, having actor equipment like the weapons with custom logic may be what some games design needs. I am always thrilled when people post new tutorials or info based on what chqnges they have made.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    I delete component from InventoryLayout, but this not helps...
    All I can recommend is to delete your build saved and intermediate folders , update redirectors and then Rebuild the project. The ARPGIS does not change how unreal works so issues you are seeing after building are caused by Engine bugs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did a bug fix on my adition that I made for the ActionRPGInventorySystem it had a little replication problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    I'm just saying its not the best approach, If people want to run code for there armor it should be done within the equipment inventory component, the only reason why weapons are spawned as actors is to handle complex logic or visual effects its also a good way to reduce clutter, but for armor i would recommend doing your custom logic inside the equipment inventory component.
    ok. thanks for the reply

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey OverRated-AU. This Tutorial is completly optional if you think that is a waste than ignore my Tutorial. I just did it because I thought that some people want to run code in the Armor and I showed how.
    Bye and Merry Christmas.
    I'm just saying its not the best approach, If people want to run code for there armor it should be done within the equipment inventory component, the only reason why weapons are spawned as actors is to handle complex logic or visual effects its also a good way to reduce clutter, but for armor i would recommend doing your custom logic inside the equipment inventory component.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using actors for armor is a huge waste of bandwidth why would you even need a actor for a piece of armor?
    Bye and Merry Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I delete component from InventoryLayout, but this not helps...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sup Dudes

I tried to give the armor of the character of the same abilities like the Assault_Rifle Blueprint.
    I am sure it can be optimized but it is already working . for both server and client.

every one is free to use this tutorial as they need or even use it as the 1.8 version of the ActionRPGInventory System
    Using actors for armor is a huge waste of bandwidth why would you even need a actor for a piece of armor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sup Dudes

I tried to give the armor of the character of the same abilities like the Assault_Rifle Blueprint.
    I am sure it can be optimized but it is already working . for both server and client.

every one is free to use this tutorial as they need or even use it as the 1.8 version of the ActionRPGInventory System

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you made any changes to the UI? Are you working from a fresh version of 1.7?
    - No. I do not change this logic. I use 1.6 version. UE 4.14

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    Hello, my friend. After packpage my project, ContainerWidget, InventoryWidget, and EquipmentWidget - don't visible. But logic is work! Help please.
    In Editor all good.
    Thanks
    Have you made any changes to the UI? Are you working from a fresh version of 1.7?

Also please go into the InventoryLayout UMG widget and to the event graph. Then check the variables slot on the left and if you see the word component s expand that and delete the reference variable shown there. This will only be there in earlier versions and is not being used by any logic in the widget but may cause bugs because unreal is buggy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    Quick question, once again:

All usable items are child of World_Actor (well, at least the swords/cardboard items, shield). I made a struct with World_Actor Class Reference, so I can use this later on in a Spawn Actor from Class. The thing is, I also made a variable in the NPC so I can manually add which items to drop (to the ground) when the mob dies. If I do a Spawn Actor From Class I can see all the items just fine. However, if I go to the NPC variable (or in the struct) it will only show up the Shield, Sword(s) and Axe (4 items). I kinda also crashed when I tried to spawn it calling the SpawnActor From Class and in the class input putting the World_actor class reference from the NPC variable.
    Side note: if I open the, for example, "Cardboard Boots" and compile->save, it will show up on the variable/struct (so that I could pick it), but still crashing

So, Im just wondering if there is a difference between the Axe/Sword(s)/Shield and the Equipment Armors in general :P if something changes on the inside so I can work my way around

Or

How would you recommend me to store the actor(s) (item) references in a struct so I can access them, to spawn it when a npc dies :P (drop)

There a few ways of handling this depending on what you want, the easiest way is to create a function and call it when the NPC dies and just loop its inventory and spawn a container actor like a backpack or something and move the NPCs items to that, another way is to set the NPC to usable when it dies but this can create problems because of its collision if your playing a death anim.

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I created a radio button for the crafting panel, and I connected it to the datatable so that the items automatically generated in the widget. In the same way, Crafting Informations come from the Data Table and Crafting progress starts when i press the button.

http://i.imgur.com/UqcQ4VR.jpg

How can I access the total amount value of item (example apple) that are scattered in different slots in the inventory?
    Nice looks good are you going to add a create timer and item filters? , To get the total item amounts i created a function in the IMC that loops though your inventory to check if you have the req items this is all done on the client then when you actually craft a item it uses this same function but on the server for a finial check.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's not a bad start i recommend creating your crafting logic in its own component and just pulling from it from your player controller, try making a data table for your crafting list like mine below.

Here an example of comparing item stats using a tooltip.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I created a radio button for the crafting panel, and I connected it to the datatable so that the items automatically generated in the widget. In the same way, Crafting Informations come from the Data Table and Crafting progress starts when i press the button.

http://i.imgur.com/UqcQ4VR.jpg

How can I access the total amount value of item (example apple) that are scattered in different slots in the inventory?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Emrehan; 12-29-2016, 05:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X