Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=37744]ToxinGaming[/MENTION] Tanks for the like
    Yes is Cel shade post process


    Regards
    -luny
    Last edited by lunyBunny; 05-14-2016, 11:06 AM.
    lunybunny.com
    lunybunny.com

    Comment


      [MENTION=48411]Baditude[/MENTION] mad?

      lunny this asset in my opinion is the best inventory we can find on ue4 u just cant private contact with pirate? i think ur annoying him a little bit and with your spam ur just underrating his work

      Comment


        At this point it's all been resolved, I think.
        I would like to get this thread back on track as new viewers are just going to see some drama and it will make the asset and myself look bad.
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

        Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

        Comment


          Pirate,
          I qualified your inventory as excelente.
          Last edited by lunyBunny; 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM.
          lunybunny.com
          lunybunny.com

          Comment


            HI there,

            First off I'm a newbie. I've only been playing with Unreal for 1.5 months now.

            I'm building a FPS game and I'm to the point I need an inventory system. I purchased yours and I love what I know it can be.

            That being said I've spent all week trying to integrate it into my game and I am having no luck.

            I've watched the merge video at least 10 times now and I can not get it to work.

            Here is the point I'm at.

            If I use the standard player controller that came with the FPS mode I can see your hud but when I hit the I button nothing happens.

            If I set the game mode to use the inventory player controller the inventory system works but my character cannot move, jump, etc.

            Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

            At this point my project is at a standstill so any direction you can give me would be appreciated.

            Thanks,

            Arthur

            Comment


              Originally posted by Lord Caine View Post
              HI there,

              First off I'm a newbie. I've only been playing with Unreal for 1.5 months now.

              I'm building a FPS game and I'm to the point I need an inventory system. I purchased yours and I love what I know it can be.

              That being said I've spent all week trying to integrate it into my game and I am having no luck.

              I've watched the merge video at least 10 times now and I can not get it to work.

              Here is the point I'm at.

              If I use the standard player controller that came with the FPS mode I can see your hud but when I hit the I button nothing happens.

              If I set the game mode to use the inventory player controller the inventory system works but my character cannot move, jump, etc.

              Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

              At this point my project is at a standstill so any direction you can give me would be appreciated.

              Thanks,

              Arthur
              Double check your character class doesn't have input code that conflicts with the player controllers input setup. Epic templates tend to throw everything into the Character class and not have a Controller, when your controls should just be in the controller.
              Not sure where there would be an issue though without seeing your project.

              Do you have the input keybinds setup in your project input settings? and your Character class parented to EquipmentCharacter?
              Last edited by Pirate; 05-14-2016, 03:20 PM.
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

              Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lord Caine View Post
                HI there,

                First off I'm a newbie. I've only been playing with Unreal for 1.5 months now.

                I'm building a FPS game and I'm to the point I need an inventory system. I purchased yours and I love what I know it can be.

                That being said I've spent all week trying to integrate it into my game and I am having no luck.

                I've watched the merge video at least 10 times now and I can not get it to work.

                Here is the point I'm at.

                If I use the standard player controller that came with the FPS mode I can see your hud but when I hit the I button nothing happens.

                If I set the game mode to use the inventory player controller the inventory system works but my character cannot move, jump, etc.

                Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

                At this point my project is at a standstill so any direction you can give me would be appreciated.

                Thanks,

                Arthur
                A quick tip on how to ghetto fix issues. If your inventory does not open with the I key, try to put a PRINT TEXT node in between some places, so when you press I you can tell how far the code is going before stopping to work as intended. This way you can tell if the code even considers you pressing I or whether it fails somewhere further into the code.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by black cat View Post
                  A quick tip on how to ghetto fix issues. If your inventory does not open with the I key, try to put a PRINT TEXT node in between some places, so when you press I you can tell how far the code is going before stopping to work as intended. This way you can tell if the code even considers you pressing I or whether it fails somewhere further into the code.
                  Ether that or use break points add one just after the code your testing, use F9 to toggle them for each node.
                  Last edited by OverRated_AU; 05-14-2016, 08:50 PM.

                  Comment


                    Hi there,

                    FOUND IT!!! There was a reference to a character variable in the movement section that was not pointing at my character. I switched in my character reference and everything works great now!

                    Thank you Black cat, Overrated and of course Pirate!!!

                    Regards,

                    Arthur

                    Comment


                      Hi all,

                      I'm having a little issue attatching a particle effect to a weapon for like an enchantment, I attatched it in the blueprint but it only attaches to the static mesh and shows when its initially placed in the level.
                      is there any way to get it to attach to the Skeletal mesh I made sockets on the skeletal mesh and added the particle in persona but still not showing while equipped. is there an area in the inventory system where it spawns the skeletal mesh I have been searching for a way to do this but no luck

                      thank you

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by locknutz View Post
                        Hi all,
                        is there an area in the inventory system where it spawns the skeletal mesh I have been searching for a way to do this but no luck
                        In the EquipmentInventoryComponent there is a function called UpdateEquippedMeshes().

                        This is triggered whenever the equipment slots (0-13) are changed. It's what interacts with the EquipmentCharacter class and sets the skeletal mesh.

                        If you want to spawn and attach actors you'll need to modify this and the EquipmentCharacter class.
                        Last edited by Pirate; 05-15-2016, 12:08 PM.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                        Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                        Comment


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Enchantment.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1106457Click image for larger version

Name:	Enchantment2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1106458

                          I got it to work but I'm not sure if this is a proper way to do it, I did it all in the EquipmentInventoryComponent and the function is called after UpdateEquippedMeshes for the mainhand

                          Pirate, I'm still new and I apologize but I did not fully understand what I needed to modify in the EquipmentCharacter class. so I went with trying to modify what happened after the update mesh function.
                          Last edited by locknutz; 05-15-2016, 02:14 PM.

                          Comment


                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ui32423.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1106463

                            Having a small issue with creating UI graphics, as demonstrated in the video. Using the same settings as in the video, but my custom ui icons always end up lit overbright like this.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by black cat View Post

                              Having a small issue with creating UI graphics, as demonstrated in the video. Using the same settings as in the video, but my custom ui icons always end up lit overbright like this.
                              Looks like an sRGB issue try ticking the sRGB box in your texture off to see if it corrects
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                              Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by locknutz View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]93383[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93384[/ATTACH]

                                I got it to work but I'm not sure if this is a proper way to do it, I did it all in the EquipmentInventoryComponent and the function is called after UpdateEquippedMeshes for the mainhand

                                Pirate, I'm still new and I apologize but I did not fully understand what I needed to modify in the EquipmentCharacter class. so I went with trying to modify what happened after the update mesh function.
                                You will be better off changing the main hand to a actor equip system and do all your emitters inside the weapons blueprint its self.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X