Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Nejibana View Post
    Don't know how many people still check this thread still, i know a while back people were talking about integrating a vendor system into this pack. Has anyone had any luck? unit23 ? Right now I'm attempting to show a currency value on item tool tip, i managed to get that to semi work, but it wont grab the actual item value from the item data (work in progress) if anyone has any notes or advice i'll try to through together a tutorial for adding a system to use with the muppet/tandy npcs
    What I did was copy a container, create a NPC that when clicked loads the inventory stored in the same npc via DataAssets.. After that, a new single container box (the ones you click) that when right clicked will check player inventory and money (requirements), if all's good, just use the item selected and use the default add item to player

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know how many people still check this thread still, i know a while back people were talking about integrating a vendor system into this pack. Has anyone had any luck? unit23 ? Right now I'm attempting to show a currency value on item tool tip, i managed to get that to semi work, but it wont grab the actual item value from the item data (work in progress) if anyone has any notes or advice i'll try to through together a tutorial for adding a system to use with the muppet/tandy npcs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    evarsor it appears you're having a casting issue with your hud reference. check to see that you updated your casts to fit your project. As well you're grabbing 300+ error lines dealing with cast problems. scrub back through the integration and make sure you've updated your casts properly. About the only thing i can recommend with just a screen shot of your error log.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LonnyKee View Post
    I have a few questions regarding this inventory system if anyone has an information related, appreciate it:
    1. How big of an architectural shift is required to make it server authoritative to prevent cheating?
    2. Would major portions of it have to be re-wired & re-written to support #1, or can the server functions, multi-casts, replications and event binds be modified / inserted without a total overhaul?
    3. Has anyone else already made progress on this front? (server authoritative inventory)
    thanks!
    I believe the pack is already server authoritative.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, i am having trouble with the migration, I have followed the video but am getting errors

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a few questions regarding this inventory system if anyone has an information related, appreciate it:
    1. How big of an architectural shift is required to make it server authoritative to prevent cheating?
    2. Would major portions of it have to be re-wired & re-written to support #1, or can the server functions, multi-casts, replications and event binds be modified / inserted without a total overhaul?
    3. Has anyone else already made progress on this front? (server authoritative inventory)
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    It's finally done. Of course, there are some missing parts such as Containers but it's not a problem.
    Is it possible to see a tutorial from you or maybe you will release it as addition to ARPGIS on a gumroad or any other platform?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Interesting how are you handling it are you using the slot row to get the end slots?
    Sorry for late response.
    Exactly, I get end slots and check if the item is in the right inventory slots.
    As far as I understand from your questions, you're using a different method for your inventory system. How did you handle grid-based inventory?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wrfstudios View Post
    Working on a save system for all clients...(each client saves locally using a MySaveGame type variable)

Everything seems to save/load correctly for each client (level, gold, skills, etc.) ... except the inventory (it seems to only load the Server's Inventory)

All I am doing is creating a "SaveInv" variable of type "InventoryItem" in my SaveGame blueprint

and then setting SaveInv = PlayerInventoryComponent>Inventory

But it seems to only be loading the Server/Host Inventory

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104928[/ATTACH]

EDIT: I think its saving correctly but for some reason when I load... its loading the Server's Inventory (instead of client's)

Is this a good way to load a previously saved inventory? (please see below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104929[/ATTACH]

Thanks
    This is a long-shot you are still around but did you ever get this figured out? I am having trouble loading saved inventory too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't allow to put item if there is not enough room on edges. It's same for swap / split actions.
    Interesting how are you handling it are you using the slot row to get the end slots?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't allow to put item if there is not enough room on edges. It's same for swap / split actions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep cool, I'm guessing your managing the overhang on the edge slots as well? incase a item is dragged to a edge which doesn't have the correct amount of room?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exactly. This is what I'm doing;
    http://prntscr.com/m6lc9m
    But I'm using vertical box for loot containers to prevent this issue;
    http://prntscr.com/m6ld58

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you!
    I turned it into Canvas Panel. Then I set inventory slot size according to dimensions information and then hide child slots.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/file...hotoid=1569642
    You can see some items that are marked as "C" I hide them all and set the master item slot size again.
    Ah I see and do you set each position for each slot when building them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you!
    I turned it into Canvas Panel. Then I set inventory slot size according to dimensions information and then hide child slots.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/file...hotoid=1569642
    You can see some items that are marked as "C" I hide them all and set the master item slot size again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X