Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey, how do I check if I have 1.7 update?
    I haven't seen the orange exclamation mark and the 'Update' option on the launcher for ARPGIS so I don't think I am on the 1.7 version...but I could be wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    There a few ways of handling this depending on what you want, the easiest way is to create a function and call it when the NPC dies and just loop its inventory and spawn a container actor like a backpack or something and move the NPCs items to that, another way is to set the NPC to usable when it dies but this can create problems because of its collision if your playing a death anim.
    Hi
    Since I am not using this same system (WoW style drop) and rather trying to implement one similar to MU online (npc dies, drops an item to the ground), theres no need to implement it. Actually [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] even wrote a mini guide on how to achieve it.

What I mean is, since all items are child of World_Actor bp, I should be able to access them if I put them in a variable. Try this:
    1. Open a mob you have
    2. Add a variable and just make it a World_Actor class reference
    3. IF you add an actor to it, you can only see 4 of all the items (some swords and the shield)
    4. When that mob dies (on the function) just put a Spawn Actor of Class and the variable.

It will work fine and spawn fine. If you then open one of the items that are not shown (example, Riffle, Dagger) and compile/save, it will show up on the list of the variable you created. However, the moment you spawn it, it will crash.

That's why I was wondering if there is any difference on the child of the World_actor (especifically between the Sword/Shield and the Armors) :P

PS: also see the image, the actors with the shown image (not the catbox) are spawned just fine. Others wont appear and if I compile/save it will show the image but crash on spawn (the whole ue editor)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wewq.png
Views:	1
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1120811
    maybe this could be the issue but couldnt tell

I got it fixed, seemed like the Static Mesh or something on each of those "catbox" blueprints were set to NULL (weird? seems from the conversion to 1.14). However, I set that again and works as expected. I always wondered why those were showing as catboxes
    Last edited by Namesis; 01-01-2017, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, how to use this system with 3D widget? It's for VR game. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could just save all your inventory items in an array before changing levels, then just load them after in the same order, in some way you need to make the server do its OnReps again and also update the inventory for that client.
    That's what I am doing with my save and load system and works find in the same map - so I thought I would save before the servertravel and then load after the servertravel... but something is different after the travel... something is no longer initialized or something.

I thought about disconnecting and rejoin session clients each time the player travels since "join session" works fine for the inventory system - but that seems very hacky

I admit I don't know that much about the inventory system... everything seems to work great (including loading and saving inventory) until I started doing traveling from map to map... so something is getting broken during the travel process

it looks like the following are important to keep things replicating properly

InventoryPlayerController
    InventoryPlayerCharacter
    InventoryManagmentComponent
    PlayerInventoryComponent
    EquipmentInventoryComponent
    InventoryComponent

Please let me know if theres something else I need to make sure is being initialize after the travel or stored before the travel, etc.

Thanks
    Last edited by wrfstudios; 01-01-2017, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wrfstudios View Post
    Yes the items seem to be there... but just not replicating to the server and other clients on the player character mesh. (server cannot see the sword in the clients hand but client can see the sword in their hand)

I guess during a "servertravel" it only stores the playercontrollers - so not sure if I need to somehow store the equipment/character/inventorymanager/inventoryequipmentmanager components, etc. before the servertravel occurs - so everything is correct after the travel.

I tried storing the InventoryPlayerCharacter into my gameinstance - but for some reason it wont let me store that type of variable (not even sure if that is what I need to store - but thought I would give it a try)

Its probably something small I am missing... but thought I would ask here incase someone has some ideas to save some time figuring this out.

Thanks
    You could just save all your inventory items in an array before changing levels, then just load them after in the same order, in some way you need to make the server do its OnReps again and also update the inventory for that client.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you sure its not just UMG that losing the data? try checking server side to see if your items are still there.
    Yes the items seem to be there... but just not replicating to the server and other clients on the player character mesh. (server cannot see the sword in the clients hand but client can see the sword in their hand)

I guess during a "servertravel" it only stores the playercontrollers - so not sure if I need to somehow store the equipment/character/inventorymanager/inventoryequipmentmanager components, etc. before the servertravel occurs - so everything is correct after the travel.

I tried storing the InventoryPlayerCharacter into my gameinstance - but for some reason it wont let me store that type of variable (not even sure if that is what I need to store - but thought I would give it a try)

Its probably something small I am missing... but thought I would ask here incase someone has some ideas to save some time figuring this out.

Thanks
    Last edited by wrfstudios; 01-01-2017, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so though I would ask for any suggestions before I do a bunch of trial and error stuff? thanks
    Just as a general comment on the nature of the universe: Trial and Error is an essential element of learning new things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The inventory system works great, however...

... when move between maps (keeping the clients connected using ServerTravel and Seamless) the client is no longer showing the correct equipment when it get changed

and even though severtravel and seamless keeps the playercontrollers... it doesn't store everything so I figure I have to re-init some stuff... but not sure what to do to keep all the equipment and inventory working correctly on both the client/server....

so though I would ask for any suggestions before I do a bunch of trial and error stuff? thanks

Are you sure its not just UMG that losing the data? try checking server side to see if your items are still there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The inventory system works great, however...

... when move between maps (keeping the clients connected using ServerTravel and Seamless) the client is no longer showing the correct equipment when it get changed

and even though severtravel and seamless keeps the playercontrollers... it doesn't store everything so I figure I have to re-init some stuff... but not sure what to do to keep all the equipment and inventory working correctly on both the client/server....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    I don't broke! I add in controller my function and all! How new function not use SERVER Event's can broken visible UI?!
    In Editor worked normal! But after compile, it **** interface dont work! But my function, and my interface - WORKED.
    And it his work! Support! I don't can update to 1.7, because add more new in logic, and fix more bugs.

P.S.: In 1.7 version, i find 4 bug's. One bug fix UP post in video.
    100% support network - description ARPGIS.. Yeah.. Aha...
    I am sorry you are having issues with your UI. But I did not create the Unreal Engine. You are experiencing bugs because you are creating circular dependecies in your logic.

You need to understand what is happening before you start pointing fingers. I try and be extremely helpful and informative but there is only so much I can do to help with changes people have made to the logic.

I understand your frustration and wanting to blame me. but perhaps the ARPGIS is not right for you. Insulting me and my work is not going to make me want to go out of my way to continue to provide hours of free support for issues you are experiencing with changes to your own project.

If you would like to ask Epic for a refund I would be happy to tell them to approve it. The last thing I want is 1 unhappy customer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't broke! I add in controller my function and all! How new function not use SERVER Event's can broken visible UI?!
    In Editor worked normal! But after compile, it **** interface dont work! But my function, and my interface - WORKED.
    And it his work! Support! I don't can update to 1.7, because add more new in logic, and fix more bugs.

When you hover over the child widget do you see a REINST?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its not his job to create a guide for you to fix something you broke LMAO.

Last edited by DiziART; 12-30-2016, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a bug no Engine. You need create guide, for user "CUSTOMIZATION". Rework container logic in ARPGIS.
    Its not his job to create a guide for you to fix something you broke LMAO.

Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    Thanks for answer. Yes, I plan to create both of them. But I think I will change the crafting system a bit more, and I want to give the control a little more to the player. I think I'll create an interface where the items are chosen by the player.
    Sounds good what i did was use the item list to piggy back off, so create your crafting list with the costs and craft times but pull the rest of the info off your item list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice looks good are you going to add a create timer and item filters? , To get the total item amounts i created a function in the IMC that loops though your inventory to check if you have the req items this is all done on the client then when you actually craft a item it uses this same function but on the server for a finial check.
    Thanks for answer. Yes, I plan to create both of them. But I think I will change the crafting system a bit more, and I want to give the control a little more to the player. I think I'll create an interface where the items are chosen by the player.
    Last edited by Emrehan; 12-30-2016, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a bug no Engine. You need create guide, for user "CUSTOMIZATION". Rework container logic in ARPGIS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X