Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I find ERROR. In my Loot_Hero table one item have "drop chance" == 0.001 in code minimal value 0.01. And in item list i have 5 items not 6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That fixed it tnx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Снимок.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1123020
    Some time game run and no respond to error. I see this error after 4.14.3 update. I dont edit nothing... Only parameter from first post, and see error. Back count to 3 - game play. But some time i see again this report error...
    Last edited by DiziART; 02-13-2017, 07:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ActionRPGInventory merging with Character Stats Kit

Almost done merging the ActionRPGInventory System with the Character Stats Kit from Panda Studios.
    The Inventory does no effect the stats yet , but I am still working on it.

Here is a Link to my video.

https://youtu.be/tx6f0hwza94

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NeonNewt View Post
    It is being run from the server so I am at a loss. Edit: It is able to see the inventory as I can get its size which returns 28. When I do a loop and print out the inventory's contents, one of the slots says it contains the correct item.
    Can you please send me a support email with screenshots of your logic so I can try to see why things aren't working. I can't think of any reason why that function would be failing in your project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DiziART View Post
    if set parameter "Max loot items" == "Inventory size" - you see message error
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]129220[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]129221[/ATTACH]
    Yes as [MENTION=22077]Zeiten[/MENTION] says you need to make sure the loot list has enough items in the list to be less than or equal to your max items specified in the loot actor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Demonith View Post
    I have problem when loot a body after that my camera not moves at all
    What version of the ARPGIS are you using? A bug introduced in Unreal made the hover states not reset when a widget is hidden.

Please check in your InventoryPlayerController that you have applied this workaround fix until epic resolves the bug.
    Last edited by Pirate; 02-13-2017, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if set parameter "Max loot items" == "Inventory size" - you see message error

Name:	2017-02-13_14-24-44.png
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	1122991

Name:	2017-02-13_14-24-39.png
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1122992

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is being run from the server so I am at a loss. Edit: It is able to see the inventory as I can get its size which returns 28. When I do a loop and print out the inventory's contents, one of the slots says it contains the correct item.
    Last edited by NeonNewt; 02-13-2017, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have problem when loot a body after that my camera not moves at all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NeonNewt View Post
    Hmm, for some reason I am able to add an item to my character's inventory but when I check for it, it isn't returning as there. I duplicated the Misc_Human_Skull item and customized its inventory item properties and then made it so that when I use a certain actor it will give the player that new item. I am able to see the item in my inventory, drop it, pick it back up, etc. Problem is that when I call CheckInventoryForItemAmount with the new item's ItemID and an amount of 1, HasItemAmount returns false. Any ideas?
    is the check being done as the server or the client? It has to be done by the server. A good way to debug is with the print string node as it will output Server: first if the command is run on the server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, for some reason I am able to add an item to my character's inventory but when I check for it, it isn't returning as there. I duplicated the Misc_Human_Skull item and customized its inventory item properties and then made it so that when I use a certain actor it will give the player that new item. I am able to see the item in my inventory, drop it, pick it back up, etc. Problem is that when I call CheckInventoryForItemAmount with the new item's ItemID and an amount of 1, HasItemAmount returns false. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    But going out of your way to say it's completely hackable because the UI closes last not first is simply untrue.
    I think you misunderstood that. Nobody said that. The gui does not matter regarding security. Its hackable if the server still allows the client to do things when he should not be able to do it anymore or depends on the client to make this decision. This is the case in the player controller of the demo that sends an event after movement (good) but a (ClientTo)Server event (bad). Anyway this was discussed already and you are right you could fix this via invalidating the container reference (triggered from the server - instead of the client as it's the case right now). I've fixed that already. So far I just gave an answer to the post of OverRated_AU as an answer to Furinyx... because I don't think his plans was dumb as he wrote.

flow of logic making it easy to understand and practically self documents what is going on.
    Yes it looks clean. Thanks. This was even one reason why I choosed to continue without recreating it from scratch. Its easy to oversee some paths if you did not create something yourself regarding security.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    100% multiplayer supported means the inventory system was designed with optimizations for MP in mind and following good design patterns. I'm not really sure what the problem is on your end.

But saying it doesn't support multiplayer and it's bad is your opinion and I respect that. If you would like a refund let me know and contact epic.

There is a lot of inaccurate assumptions being made on this topic and unfortunately I'm at the airport and not able to call out and respond to every point.

When you send the client command to the server to close the inventory it invalidates the reference so the problem you seem to really have is with the server just telling the client it's finished processing the clients request then the client closes the UI.

If you want to trigger the client UI close first then call the server logic that's your choice. But going out of your way to say it's completely hackable because the UI closes last not first is simply untrue. The ARPGIS was also built with the assumption most people buying it aren't programmers or understand networking in bluepeints I made the choice to flow the logic in a way to help people understand sending commands and recieving a response from the server if the command is validated. This design is consistant in all of the ARPGIS and allows simply following the flow of logic making it easy to understand and practically self documents what is going on. This design choice does not add any real networking bandwidth overhead for the benefits of readability and understanding of logic gained.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Pirate the developer has always stated the UI is for demoing the inventory only
    100% multiplayer support does not mean only replication... at least not for everybody. The setup for the player controller might be demo ... but all those Server do something with your container events are part of the framework and don't verify (as some other Server events do). So in my opinion they deserved a bit more love regarding cheat prevention. Anyway it is like it is... and I think it's not all bad. I still don't regret my purchase at all. However adding cheat prevention is a bit like using a non-threadsafe library in a multithreading environment. It's not always just that easy like to put a mutex on the top afterwards.

adding a server check on a server function isn't going to add anymore bandwidth all the server is doing is looking to see if the client is valid before using these functions
    I think he don't means the server check but how the gui gets closed. As far I remember actually the clients sends the server that he should close the inventory and (only) then the server sends back the client that he should close the GUI. This "close GUI" could be a predicted client only implemention as well as the "may use container" should be a server only implemention. But I don't care that much regarding this one more event as it does not happen every frame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X