X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Demonith View Post
    Can some one help me out with this plz
    Looks like you just need to remove the redundent node in the InventoryUI or hookup a playercontroller reference. This is just a change to the node in unreals update.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post623996

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Demonith View Post
    I have little problem here plz help me around
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]123682[/ATTACH]
    Can some one help me out with this plz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ViGamesStudio View Post
    Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This error log entry, is this because i attach the MainHand mesh to a different socket, without updating? Possibly so, any recommendations to avoid that? Should i rather hide the mesh while mounted?

LogSkinnedMeshComp:Warning: GetSocketByName(None: MainHand): No SkeletalMesh for MainHand
    This seems to avoid the problem:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mounting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	1120907
    Last edited by unit23; 01-04-2017, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Thanks for pointing out that the current issue with REINST affects all ARPGIS users. I rather wait for the official "fix", before i begin messing around, as someone who has two left hands when it comes to programming.
    I'm currently out at the moment if pirate hasn't posted a fix by the time I'm home ill detail how to fix this issue for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Yes this is a bug with 1.7 that pirate probably missed in his short time testing it, In the IMC where you set inventory slot item, you will need to move that node there and pass the data from the IMC to the inventory slot, i recommend making a new structure for these static variables which you can then pass to UMG.
    Thanks for pointing out that the current issue with REINST affects all ARPGIS users. I rather wait for the official "fix", before i begin messing around, as someone who has two left hands when it comes to programming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you saying that the original 1.7 reference should be changed? I use the default setup, without any edits.

This does include the GetTable node.

Are you saying that i should not use the GetTable node?

The above fix was working without issues, until restart or crash. Unfortunately the editor frequently crashes when editing BlendSpaces.
    Yes this is a bug with 1.7 that pirate probably missed in his short time testing it, In the IMC where you set inventory slot item, you will need to move that node there and pass the data from the IMC to the inventory slot, i recommend making a new structure for these static variables which you can then pass to UMG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you add the Get Data Table Row Node back ? you will have to pass the variables you need from the IMC instead of pulling them within UMG.
    Are you saying that the original 1.7 reference should be changed? I use the default setup, without any edits.

This does include the GetTable node.

Are you saying that i should not use the GetTable node?

The above fix was working without issues, until restart or crash. Unfortunately the editor frequently crashes when editing BlendSpaces.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After restarting or crash the error is back.
    Did you add the Get Data Table Row Node back ? you will have to pass the variables you need from the IMC instead of pulling them within UMG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad that helpped, epic states this isn't a bug its more a design flaw in UMG, as long as your slots are still showing within the widget with the issue recompiling should be the only thing you need to do to clear the issue.
    After restarting or crash the error is back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, this resolved the issue actually. Thanks OverRated! This Unreal Engine Bug, hard to pin this down when there is literally no debugging possibility, and no visible alert message.

I was able to resolve this, with above hint from OverRated, to remove the GetTable node, then i quit. Reopened, and had to re-add the slots, and variables inside Equipment widget. It might be enough to just delete the node, and readding it without the extra steps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123709[/ATTACH]
    Glad that helpped, epic states this isn't a bug its more a design flaw in UMG, as long as your slots are still showing within the widget with the issue recompiling should be the only thing you need to do to clear the issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try removing the Get Data Table Row then recompile and save then restart your project then see if the problem is fixed, i had a similar experience when i tired that method.
    Okay, this resolved the issue actually. Thanks OverRated! This Unreal Engine Bug, hard to pin this down when there is literally no debugging possibility, and no visible alert message.

I was able to resolve this, with above hint from OverRated, to remove the GetTable node, then i quit. Reopened, and had to re-add the slots, and variables inside Equipment widget. It might be enough to just delete the node, and readding it without the extra steps.

Name:	mix.jpg
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	1120904

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is the same as the one from the 1.7 reference project. Only change is an addition to the InventoryItem array (which is not used).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123708[/ATTACH]
    Try removing the Get Data Table Row then recompile and save then restart your project then see if the problem is fixed, i had a similar experience when i tired that method.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In your inventory slot widget have you changed the tooltip to pull the static variables from the data table?
    It is the same as the one from the 1.7 reference project. Only change is an addition to the InventoryItem array (which is not used).

Name:	xxxxx.jpg
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	1120903

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use 1.7 based on a merged version with the TopDownKit. While i was figuring out how to best replace slot backgrounds, i've altered the background brush. Other than that, and manual 1.7 upgrade instructions, there were no edits/additions to that widget.
    In your inventory slot widget have you changed the tooltip to pull the static variables from the data table?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X