No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how would you go about getting how many, of a certain item, you have in your inventory, from a new blueprint.
    Last edited by Rotahn; 04-29-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotahn View Post
      how would you go about getting how many, of a certain item, you have in your inventory, from a new blueprint.
      Just cast to the player controller then the inventory component then loop the inventory for the type of item.
      Last edited by OverRated_AU; 05-02-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Alas my casting foo is poor.

i feel a lot of trial and error in my near future lol

Comment

Originally posted by zerosum0x0 View Post
          Code:
          	APlayerController* PlayerController = Cast<APlayerController>(GetController());

if (PlayerController)
          	{
          		const ULocalPlayer* LocalPlayer = PlayerController->GetLocalPlayer();
          		if (LocalPlayer && LocalPlayer->ViewportClient)
          		{
          			FViewport* Viewport = LocalPlayer->ViewportClient->Viewport; 
          			if (Viewport)
          			{
          				FVector2D ViewportSize;
          				LocalPlayer->ViewportClient->GetViewportSize(ViewportSize);
          				const int32 X = static_cast<int32>(ViewportSize.X * 0.5f);
          				const int32 Y = static_cast<int32>(ViewportSize.Y * 0.5f);

Viewport->SetMouse(X, Y);
          			}
          		}

}
          could you help me set this up in blueprints please?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziven View Post
            could you help me set this up in blueprints please?
            You want to get the players viewport size to determine the resolution.
            Then you divide the X and Y screen sizes by 2 to get the center and set the mouse cursor to that new value.

Now when you are switching back to UI mode you can just call this logic to reset the cursor to the center.

This is actually a great learning exercise to figure out on your own. Development is all about learning and breaking down those brick walls that block your progress.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] One thing I've noticed has been a lot of work has been adding variables to the Inventory Item structure, mainly because things have to be linked up in all the spots where you use the break link and immediately make the link (usually to update amount, it seems). But I think I found an easy way to handle this: Rather than remaking the links, you can use "Set members in InventoryItem", then while that node is selected, you can (in the details panel) choose which items you want updated, and just plug things in accordingly. Just a thought, but it might help if someone wanted to add more stats and minimize the follow-up work.

Comment

Originally posted by GageCornelius View Post
                [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] One thing I've noticed has been a lot of work has been adding variables to the Inventory Item structure, mainly because things have to be linked up in all the spots where you use the break link and immediately make the link (usually to update amount, it seems). But I think I found an easy way to handle this: Rather than remaking the links, you can use "Set members in InventoryItem", then while that node is selected, you can (in the details panel) choose which items you want updated, and just plug things in accordingly. Just a thought, but it might help if someone wanted to add more stats and minimize the follow-up work.
                Yes I just checked it out and this Set Members in STRUCTNAME node is really good.
                I'm going to put together an update which replaces all the Struct breaks with this node. I'm not sure if they had it back in 4.9 when I made the inventory and if they did I feel like a right idiot for not knowing about it sooner.

For people wanting to replace all the areas where structs are broken and made basically just open any blueprint and search for "Break InventoryItem" or "Make InventoryItem" and uncheck this blueprint only it should be easy for people to update this themselves. Same should be done with the UI Item struct as well.
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by GageCornelius View Post
                  Nice find i also didn't know about that node, i have just updated my project and replaced all the makes with that Set Members Node.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]

I loved the Data tables and components approach in your system!!!!

About the situation: The interactive text does not works
                    . It was not covered in the tutorial how to migrate inventory in the custom project.
                    Here I migrated all using Epic's standards. And everything was fine, but lacked the interactive text when I get close to objects.

Another situation: About mouse cursor conflicting with third person camera

I need to know how to configure the mouse cursor that is always on while I play. As the game a third person game, is the mouse cursor that moves and not the orbital camera.
                    I have to press the left mouse button to to hold my third person orbital camera, but this button is uset for shield defense.

The Ideal for my game is the mouse cursor only appears when the inventory is called by pressing the 'I' or 'E' key for example. And disappear when I press 'I' and/or 'E' key again.

And Again,
                    Thanks

lunybunny.com
                    lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                      Hi [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION]

I loved the Data tables and components approach in your system!!!!

About the situation: The interactive text does not works
                      . It was not covered in the tutorial how to migrate inventory in the custom project.
                      Here I migrated all using Epic's standards. And everything was fine, but lacked the interactive text when I get close to objects.

Another situation: About mouse cursor conflicting with third person camera

I need to know how to configure the mouse cursor that is always on while I play. As the game a third person game, is the mouse cursor that moves and not the orbital camera.
                      I have to press the left mouse button to to hold my third person orbital camera, but this button is uset for shield defense.

The Ideal for my game is the mouse cursor only appears when the inventory is called by pressing the 'I' or 'E' key for example. And disappear when I press 'I' and/or 'E' key again.

And Again,
                      Thanks

All this has been covered in pervious posts, and Pirate has also made a tutorial showing you how you can change the mouse cursor, you need to added the post process martiral to you character blueprint to enable the Interact text.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                        All this has been covered in pervious posts, and Pirate has also made a tutorial showing you how you can change the mouse cursor, you need to added the post process martiral to you character blueprint to enable the Interact text.
                        Thank you [MENTION=190677]OverRated_AU[/MENTION] For their help with the interactive text, I'll try it.

Sorry for the question again. As a buyer I asked the Pirate support, exclusively, by solution for my specific problem. I have not followed this thread, post per post, more or less 14 post pages, just for lack of time and realease deadline. I'll try to search it in the previous posts.

Regards
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                          Thank you @<a href="https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?u=190677" target="_blank">OverRated_AU</a> For their help with the interactive text, I'll try it.

Sorry for the question again. As a buyer I asked the Pirate support, exclusively, by solution for my specific problem. I have not followed this thread, post per post, more or less 14 post pages, just for lack of time and realease deadline. I'll try to search it in the previous posts.

Regards

No worries, the Inventory is currently setup for a RPG game which will always show the mouse pointer, watch pirates Tutorial here it will help you change the mouse logic to a TPS/FPS style.

I try to help people that are new to the inventory as i know it well.

Last edited by OverRated_AU; 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=190677]OverRated_AU[/MENTION] thanks for posting that.

Also I will probably be releasing the update that switches all the breaks to use set members in STRUCT when 4.12 is out. I will as usual post the instructions on how to do it yourself in your own project.

When 4.12 is out I will be removing support from 4.10 on the store. 4.10 was such a bad release. 4.11 will be the new base version for updates until down the line in future versions when significant changes need to be made.

So to recap, when 4.12 is released 4.11-4.12 will be the versions available on the store. I don't plan to remove 4.11 as the base version for awhile.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] [MENTION=190677]OverRated_AU[/MENTION]

Your support was very appreciated.

The FPS control will be very useful in my third person game. Thanks

About interactive text

I haven't managed to make the interactive text appear when I approach the items. Yes, I added the post process in Player Character camera. The only thing that appears is the outline.

One more thing. How I change the crosshair position? Currently it is right in the middle and overlapped with player character making difficult interacting with objects.

regards
                              lunybunny.com
                              lunybunny.com

Comment

Hey Pirate.

Thanks Pirate; ToxinGaming

REGARDS
                                -luny

Click image for larger version

Name:	UGv8XPe.png
Views:	2
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1106247
                                Last edited by lunyBunny; 05-13-2016, 02:58 PM.
                                lunybunny.com
                                lunybunny.com

Comment

Working...
                                X