Originally posted by gabrielmais View Post
    I could spend a tutorial eat stir RPG Inventory
    I don't know what you're saying, but I would like to see this tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
      I don't know what you're saying, but I would like to see this tutorial
      XD 10 char
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I thought i would share a better way to set the visibility and position of the Tooltip, I created this way because of a bug i was getting when some times the Tooltip would still be visible even when a slot wasn't hovered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotbar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	1104111

Comment

Hey !

It's awesome to see you're still updating the project and posting patches !

I'm running into a small issue, I'm trying to do a 'starting equipment ' function, by copying the 'Load NPCEquipment' one you have on the NPC character. However, I'm having an error with the Player Inventory Component node. Apparently it's inherited on the NPC character, but I can't find it when I open the parent, and even if my character and the NPC one have the same parent, I can't seem to find it in mine by default.
          Any idea what I could be doing wrong ? Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Size:	832.7 KB
ID:	1104199
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by exphrasis View Post
            Hey !

It's awesome to see you're still updating the project and posting patches !

I'm running into a small issue, I'm trying to do a 'starting equipment ' function, by copying the 'Load NPCEquipment' one you have on the NPC character. However, I'm having an error with the Player Inventory Component node. Apparently it's inherited on the NPC character, but I can't find it when I open the parent, and even if my character and the NPC one have the same parent, I can't seem to find it in mine by default.
            Any idea what I could be doing wrong ?
            Thats because its a component not a custom variable add it using the add component button.

Comment

Omg that worked <3 You sir made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by exphrasis View Post
                Omg that worked <3 You sir made my day.
                I'm glad you were able to get it resolved promptly
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Can this be modified to use for an first person survival game? For example instead of right clicking on a loot crate or body you press E on it instead to access the inventory?

Sorry for the noob question. Just want to be sure I'm buying the right thing considering it says "Action RPG".
                  Don't let your dreams be memes!
                  https://youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU

Comment

Originally posted by Bearfruit View Post
                    Can this be modified to use for an first person survival game? For example instead of right clicking on a loot crate or body you press E on it instead to access the inventory?

Sorry for the noob question. Just want to be sure I'm buying the right thing considering it says "Action RPG".
                    I'm not 100% how the system is set up, however, you can always just get the "on mouse hover" event and switch it out with a "OnEvent Action" + Line Trace (the character must look at it, for example)
                    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Yep Pirate has made a tutorial on how to change interaction to a FPS style game here https://youtu.be/KYB8FnkydNE, but keep in mind this inventory is made for RPG games you will have to put quite a lot of time into it to change it to a Survival style inventory like have, i do all my testing in 3rd person as i like to see the character but my project is a first person game.

List of custom features in my project this just show you what is possible with this inventory system .

Hotbar inventory
                      Item equip on mouse wheel using the Hotbar
                      Crafting system with blueprints unlocks
                      Expandable inventory space using backpacks
                      Health, Food, Water and Energy/Stamina consumables substances.
                      Placeable world items
                      Filters for stashes
                      Item Durability

Last edited by OverRated_AU; 04-14-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

There are many people like OverRated that are using this in a survival or FPS type game.

Although the Demo UI and controls are more setup to demo an RPG/MMO, the actual Inventory System is designed to be changed and enhanced by you the developer and can fit into any game type that needs an inventory.
                        If you want to use the Demo content you will need to make changes as it's impossible to design a system that fits everyone's own design for their game 100% out of the box. You will also find yourself making changes to the core inventory system to better suite your projects needs.

The more you know about Unreal, networking and blueprinting the easier this will be, but the Inventory System was built to be easy to understand, learn and modify for all skill levels.

Judging by your questions it sounds like you don't have any experience with Unreal as things like changing controls and keybindings are very basic.
                        I would suggest first following some of Epic's tutorial series to learn more about unreal and blueprinting before buying anything on the marketplace.

This will let you see if game development is something you enjoy doing and help you make more informed choices when buying assets off the marketplace.
                        Last edited by Pirate; 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Hello Pirate,

I recently bought the inventory system and so far it is a lot of fun. Great job!

I have a request/question. Not sure if it's been brought up yet or not. What would it take to make a container type item? Like a bag or box that can go in your inventory but then open into yet another sub-inventory? Maybe this is already done and I just couldn't figure out how? If not, it would be a great feature t add to a later version.

Thanks
                          Jake

Comment

Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
                            Hello Pirate,

I recently bought the inventory system and so far it is a lot of fun. Great job!

I have a request/question. Not sure if it's been brought up yet or not. What would it take to make a container type item? Like a bag or box that can go in your inventory but then open into yet another sub-inventory? Maybe this is already done and I just couldn't figure out how? If not, it would be a great feature t add to a later version.

Thanks
                            Jake

Yeah it has been brought up before its a lot easier just adding slots to the inventory as the logic's there already which is what im doing.
                            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 04-14-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Has anyone else tried to set this up when using a dedicated server?

My current problem is when I press E to pick up an item, the item does not get picked up. And it seems I'm getting a None error for Player Inventory when the player connects and I initialize the character. I believe the E problem is stemming from the None error.

This used to work when in PIE using the Run Dedicated Server and Auto Connect to Server flags, but now that I'm running my own processes and only connect via Join Session, it does not work.

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	inventoryerror.PNG
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1104544

Comment

Originally posted by ToxinGaming View Post
                                Has anyone else tried to set this up when using a dedicated server?

My current problem is when I press E to pick up an item, the item does not get picked up. And it seems I'm getting a None error for Player Inventory when the player connects and I initialize the character. I believe the E problem is stemming from the None error.

This used to work when in PIE using the Run Dedicated Server and Auto Connect to Server flags, but now that I'm running my own processes and only connect via Join Session, it does not work.

Any ideas?
                                The 'None' means that the PlayerInventory reference used by the InventoryManagerComponent is NULL and not set.
                                This reference should be set when your Player Controller initializes the Inventory System to your Player's InventoryComponent (EquipmentInventoryComponent)
                                You can see how this is setup in the original Demo content in this screenshot.

Also in 4.11+ please make sure in your Project Settings you have the correct Global Default Server Game Mode setup.
                                You can see where to set the Server Default Map and Game Mode in this screenshot.

If all that is fine, I think what could also be causing the issue is Event BeginPlay. Event BeginPlay is not very multiplayer friendly and in the InventorySystem I added a delay to give the server time to replicate to the client before initializing components. This was a simple fix to avoid over complicating things by adding in a Game State Management Framework which is way out of scope for an Inventory System.

For now increase the delay to give the server more time to load in the client before trying to initialize components during Event BeginPlay.
                                Create a proper loading/management system for your clients using the Game Mode class and overriding events like OnPostLogin, OnRestart Player, etc.. (In the Western Multiplayer Shootout example Epic provides an example of setting this up) and replace using Event BeginPlay with your own Custom Event for initializing YourPlayerController.
                                Last edited by Pirate; 04-15-2016, 02:03 AM.
                                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X