X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Hi OverTated_AU,

I don`t know how I get the Information, in which container the item is, that I clicket on. For example an Item in the Inventory, Equipment Window or in a Container. I need this information, so I can adapt the Text on the Buttons and the Funktions that are called when a Button is pressed, in the Action Menu.

Also I need the Funktions, that on a button press activate the action the item is suppose to do, like drop, move to a different container, Equip/Unequip or maybe destroy the item.

P.s
    Thanks for your reply.

What you need to do is just pass the inventory slot number, amount and item type to the action menu from the inventory/container slot, then use the item type to set the visibility of your actions on your menu so you only have the right actions showing for that item, and the amount to handle the splitting, then create a new Enumeration for you actions then add your actions to it, then create a new interface event in the InventoryHUDInterface and add there variables being your new action Enumeration, the inventory slot int and an amount int, then in your player controller call the new event you added to the InventoryHUDInterface and create a new server event in your IMC and then uses a switch to handle each actions event call within a function, if you need any more help just let me know.

My IMC has a child called a Construct Manager so don't worry about that part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	1
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1121954
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 01-23-2017, 02:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi OverTated_AU,

I don`t know how I get the Information, in which container the item is, that I clicket on. For example an Item in the Inventory, Equipment Window or in a Container. I need this information, so I can adapt the Text on the Buttons and the Funktions that are called when a Button is pressed, in the Action Menu.

Also I need the Funktions, that on a button press activate the action the item is suppose to do, like drop, move to a different container, Equip/Unequip or maybe destroy the item.

P.s
    Thanks for your reply.

If you look inside the Inventory Slot (and also the Container Slot) widget there are the functions with the logic handling how the client tells the server it wants to do something.
    The right click to Use an item logic is located on the Event Graph and the rest is the drag and drop logic for UMG that was overridden.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi OverTated_AU,

P.s
    Thanks for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Guy, I need help with a project I have been working on.
    I tried to make a ActionMenu for Items.

https://youtu.be/w9IN8YZCMds
    Nice work there what problems are you having? i have already added a action menu to my inventory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Guy, I need help with a project I have been working on.
    I tried to make a ActionMenu for Items.

https://youtu.be/w9IN8YZCMds

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lord Caine View Post
    Good Morning Will,

What is the recommended procedure for updating the inventory system in our projects?

There's some code I've heavily modified like Use Consumable Item (this was done to ingrate with my crafting system) and I don't want to step on it by migrating the wrong thing.

I'm having some problems with moving items around in the HUD (can drop them from one slot to another) and given some of the patch notes I think you've fixed that so I'd like to apply the update, but obviously I don't want to step on my changes.

Thanks for your help!

Arthur
    None of the patch changes should touch areas you may have touched.

I would suggest just going through the patch notes for newer versions and simply implementing the changes as described and shown. It's very straight forward.

If you are having issues with moving items around then that's not something with the ARPGIS but because of changes made in your project to the ARPGIS. Drag and drop of and using items has never had any updates since release. If you can give me a more detailed description of the issue in your project it can help me see where something may have been changed and point you in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good Morning Will,

What is the recommended procedure for updating the inventory system in our projects?

There's some code I've heavily modified like Use Consumable Item (this was done to ingrate with my crafting system) and I don't want to step on it by migrating the wrong thing.

I'm having some problems with moving items around in the HUD (can drop them from one slot to another) and given some of the patch notes I think you've fixed that so I'd like to apply the update, but obviously I don't want to step on my changes.

Thanks for your help!

Arthur

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ruhrpottpatiot View Post
    tl;dr; More like Guild Wars 1 abilities

Longer explanation: The character can buy abilities from a vendor for a certain price. He then can select a certain amount of abilities from his spellbook and put them into a hotbar. Furthermore, all abilities are active abilities, thus I thought of them as actors from the beginning.
    Currently, I store the learned (i.e. bought) abilities in ab ability array, with a second array listing the abilities the player currently has selected.
    However, since working with this inventory system, I began to think of abilities as an item that are only obtainable via vendor (or be looted as training manual) and can't be dropped into the world.
    Sounds like you want them to be items you can stash and trade, if so i would look at making them a type of item that can stack, the amount you wish to use would just use a amount out of your ability stack, and then maybe just hook some logic up so you can use these from the hotbar, if you want a more in depth system create a system were player has to use the item to refill there ability bar for that type of ability.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tl;dr; More like Guild Wars 1 abilities

Longer explanation: The character can buy abilities from a vendor for a certain price. He then can select a certain amount of abilities from his spellbook and put them into a hotbar. Furthermore, all abilities are active abilities, thus I thought of them as actors from the beginning.
    Currently, I store the learned (i.e. bought) abilities in ab ability array, with a second array listing the abilities the player currently has selected.
    However, since working with this inventory system, I began to think of abilities as an item that are only obtainable via vendor (or be looted as training manual) and can't be dropped into the world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the usable actor child.

Another question regarding player abilities. My train of thought was to create a child of usable actor for each ability and list them in an ability vendor. If the character buys an ability it gets stored in a separate ability inventory. He then can select n abilities from the inventory. This inventory is a separate inventory component inheriting from InventoryComponent (just like equipment is handled) with the functions specific to abilities.
    Would this be a viable solution, or am I over engineering this?
    The question is do you want these abilitys like items or more like a list you can click on and select the abilitys you have unlocked? similar to that of diablo 3 passive abilitys?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the usable actor child.

Another question regarding player abilities. My train of thought was to create a child of usable actor for each ability and list them in an ability vendor. If the character buys an ability it gets stored in a separate ability inventory. He then can select n abilities from the inventory. This inventory is a separate inventory component inheriting from InventoryComponent (just like equipment is handled) with the functions specific to abilities.
    Would this be a viable solution, or am I over engineering this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds reasonable. But how would I implement a "CanBuy()" check? I thought about adding it in the "ShopInventoryComponent", since putting it in the UI doesn't really fit.
    To make a proper vender system your better of making a new actor being a child of the usable actor, a vender system doesn't need to have a inventory component.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds reasonable. But how would I implement a "CanBuy()" check? I thought about adding it in the "ShopInventoryComponent", since putting it in the UI doesn't really fit.
    Well the ItemStruct (ItemList actually) has a Price integer. I just added the price/cost of the item there, then pulled it from the MakeInventoryStruct or something (you will see what I mean if you follow the OnUsed functions, when loading the item info). Regarding the canbuy, you will have the price of the item, and already have the Gold currency in the Kit, so its just some simple substraction and check if user has the money, etc. I'm quite sure you'll make it. You will also have to remove the part (function) that removes the item from the container (in your new functions) so when people buy the item, it will not disappear from the container.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    On my vendor I think I only used inventory component added to the Actor AI/Npc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I want to add another storage/container type, e.g. a Shop. How would I do that? Inherit from Inventory Component, like equipment inventory does, or do I need to do something else?
    Override the OnUsed and create new functions (copypaste with new name) and a new hud that will be the one to load, supposing it will be a vendor for example. On my vendor I think I only used inventory component added to the Actor AI/Npc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X