• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clearing up everything +1. Great project by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post
      found one bug, one issue:

1. Loot 2 items of the same: example 2 cardboard helmets. I will call them CardboardHelmet#1 and CardboardHelmet#2.
      Put them in slot (inventory/bag): CardboradHelmet#1 in slot 1 and CardboardHelmet#2 in slot 5
      Move the cardboardhelmet#2 to the hotbar(1).
      Press key "1". Instead of the cardboard#2 getting equipped, the cardboard#1 gets equipped.
      -- I guess a way to fix this is to set them unique ids/numbers when they are in the bag, and the hotbars will equip the item based on the number--

2. I cant find any way to get the info from the equipped weapons/armor (for example, getting strength from a cardboardlegs). Tried from controller with no successs.
      This is pretty much for server-side calculations, like damage reductions, damage increase, etc.

Um.. another question:
      How does the system reallyworks?
      - Every item I loot is really on my "inventory"? [since is multiplayer I guess it is, just wondering.. since most functions clearly say they execute on server]
      - < same question as above but with equipment window >
      - I read that when I equip an item only the mesh is equipped. This means that its 'imposible' to get the stats of the equipped item? (for server-side purposes: increasing damage/defense) If so, this means I will need to calculate everything when the item is equipped and add it to the player (or just recalculate everything (new damage, new defense, etc etc) every time an item is equipped..)
      - I guess it also means it can be limited. for example, in my game the player will have different skills % (hand attack, sword attack, staff attack) which range from 0% to 100% (player trains them hitting mobs). So if there is no item equipped (just a mesh) means I cant do this, since there is no item info.

This inventory is only limited to your skill level changing basic logic like that is up to you the inventory is a template to build off nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
        This inventory is only limited to your skill level changing basic logic like that is up to you the inventory is a template to build off nothing more.

Thank you I just had those doubts. I must say when I read the "mesh thing equipped" I got all confused :P I though it wouldnt let me get the item stats.. but after it was said I could also get the info from the equipped slots, that cleared up like everything :P

again, +1!

OFF: mind telling me how you linked that animation in the menu? :P just ideas to get me going
        Last edited by Namesis; 03-26-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=309550]Namesis[/MENTION]
          I found this video a few weeks back, this could help you figure out how to get that linked up

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
            [MENTION=309550]Namesis[/MENTION]
            I found this video a few weeks back, this could help you figure out how to get that linked up
            Yeah that is very similar but that will not work on a networked game and it also wont show you how to apply each attached item to the display character.

Comment

Item Select using the mouse wheel.

Comment

Version 1.5 - Submitted March 31st 2016
                ------- Update Notes -------

I am putting together an Update that makes a few small tweaks to remove some editor warnings and fixes a small UI issue when upgrading to 4.11.
                This will be submitted as an update to 4.10 so that way if you upgrade to 4.11 when you feel it's more stable you will have these warnings addressed.

*Bug Fix* Fixed missing font assignment on the Inventory widget GoldAmount element.
                In 4.11 UE4 will no longer assign it's default font Roboto if there is no font specified

Spoiler

*Warning* Fixed a warning that was shown when the logic for AddInventorySlot() was checking is valid on an array get node when creating the players inventory slots.

Spoiler

*Warning* Fixed a warning in the EquipmentCharacter caused by the components RightRing, LeftRing, MainHand and OffHand having an Anim Class set to the ThirdPerson Anim blueprint.

Spoiler

------- 4.11 Notes -------

The Action RPG Inventory System has no major issues with updating from 4.10 to 4.11.

There is one small UI issue where you may see the Inventory Gold Amount text not rendering properly.
                This will be addressed in the small update mentioned above but you can fix it easily yourselves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bug_411_Inventory.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1103576

You can fix this by going into the UI/Blueprints/Inventory/Inventory widget and setting the font on GoldAmount to Roboto
                (Or any other font your project has) If you don't see any fonts make sure you have "Show Engine Content" enabled.
                Last edited by Pirate; 04-01-2016, 06:18 AM.
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                  Version 1.5 - Submitted March 31st 2016

You can fix this by going into the UI/Blueprints/Inventory/Inventory widget and setting the font on GoldAmount to Roboto
                  If you don't see any fonts make sure you have "Show Engine Content" enabled.
                  Are fonts other than Roboto <cringe> supported?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                    Are fonts other than Roboto <cringe> supported?
                    Yes just add a custom font and select it with the drop down.

Comment

Haha yes you can setup any font you want.
                      Roboto is just the default engine font so everyone already has it in their project.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Awesome looking inventory, can you help point me where you found how to do that? I am trying to customise mine as well and can't see this in the normal HUD or there is one. How did you customise yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjacobs View Post
                          Awesome looking inventory, can you help point me where you found how to do that? I am trying to customise mine as well and can't see this in the normal HUD or there is one. How did you customise yours?
                          I'm not seeing the code now, but i believe it was on the blueprint "hudlayout" and then there is, in the menu that contains all the elements of the hud,.. one called "inventory layout" (with a blue square i think). Once you open that one (right click, edit blueprint) you can see the layout of the system itself (you will need to right click equipment/inventory widgets and edit blueprint to get into it).. Otherwise, you could just do a search on the content folder 'Equipment' and im sure you will find the hud.. If its the inventory, then look for inventory-
                          Last edited by Namesis; 04-03-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I have this project, and converted to multiplayer.. I have some questions:
                            - when a zombie is dead and I click it, server spams an error "attempted to get an item from array callfunc_spheremultifx something.." like really spam and can be laggy
                            - how do I add, for example, the dead zombie to be lootable?
                            - when two players are online, I cannot hit the other player. Is there a way to enable this?

Comment

Originally posted by imnomad View Post
                              I have this project, and converted to multiplayer.. I have some questions:
                              - when a zombie is dead and I click it, server spams an error "attempted to get an item from array callfunc_spheremultifx something.." like really spam and can be laggy
                              - how do I add, for example, the dead zombie to be lootable?
                              - when two players are online, I cannot hit the other player. Is there a way to enable this?

If it's spamming something like get an item from array it sounds like something got unhooked during the merge. Please email me at support@vanguardinteractive.com for help with that.
                              By default in the MP TopDown Kit the players are not hostile. You can still hit eachother but you need to set the player character to hostile in it's defaults if you want to be able to attack him directly with mouse targeting behavior. If you have any questions please email me at support@vanguardinteractive.com.
                              Last edited by Pirate; 04-06-2016, 11:31 AM.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

I could spend a tutorial eat stir RPG Inventory

Comment

Working...
                                X