Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I made a new tutorial of a System,
    that hides the Hotbar when not useing after a few seconds.

https://youtu.be/qtzzKHYVGkg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    The Multiplayer Survival Template has it's own Inventory System. I am not familiar with how it's made but you would need to remove all of that assets inventory logic first and then merge normally then go through and hook up all the logic and item stuff to items you make for the ARPGIS.

The ARPGIS is meant to be a modular Inventory System, the issue would be with ripping out the existing one and not breaking everything in the Multiplayer Survival Template. You will have to ask the author of that asset for support.
    As always you are quick with a helpful response. Thank you for the insight, I think what I am going to do is just try to build out from your extension with gathering, crafting, hunger, and time of day systems. I wish there was a better way for the products in the market place to play nice together but I understand why it is the way it is. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mathusala View Post
    I have and love the action RPG Inventory System, I also have the Multiplayer Survival Template was wondering if anyone here has used this interface with that template and if so how they went about merging the two?

Probably unlikely but thought I would ask before I try to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
    The Multiplayer Survival Template has it's own Inventory System. I am not familiar with how it's made but you would need to remove all of that assets inventory logic first and then merge normally then go through and hook up all the logic and item stuff to items you make for the ARPGIS.

The ARPGIS is meant to be a modular Inventory System, the issue would be with ripping out the existing one and not breaking everything in the Multiplayer Survival Template. You will have to ask the author of that asset for support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have and love the action RPG Inventory System, I also have the Multiplayer Survival Template was wondering if anyone here has used this interface with that template and if so how they went about merging the two?

Probably unlikely but thought I would ask before I try to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cbdeakin View Post
    What is the max number of item slots that can be configured? Can item slot sizes be changed?
    You can change the inventory size it's just an int value that gets read on initialization. There are also commands to increase and decrease the size after the inventory is initialized.

The UI slot size can be changed in UMG if you want bigger or smaller slots. But you will also need to changed the icon sizes to match the slots. It's pretty basic working with UMG to edit the demo UI. All it takes is the ability to learn unreal
    Last edited by Pirate; 01-27-2017, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cbdeakin View Post
    What is the max number of item slots that can be configured? Can item slot sizes be changed?
    Unlimited and anything can be changed with the right skills.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darthlatte View Post
    Hi, this looks like a great plugin I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add the possibility for items of different slot sizes like for example in the Diablo games. So you could have a 2*3 (sword or rifle) or 2*2 item (helmet or shield). Would this be a lot of work?

Thanks
    This will depend on your knowledge with blueprints, for a beginner it would be long task you would have to change some of the inventory's logic along with building a new UI that support jigsaw slots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Pirate

thanks for your work here. This is a real time saver!
    I finally made it to save and load the inventory array for my singleplayer project but i have no clue how to pass my hotbar through my save game.
    Is the "hotbar slots" array the correct variable or did i miss any refresh function for the hotbar since they are not a real inventory slot?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, this looks like a great plugin I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add the possibility for items of different slot sizes like for example in the Diablo games. So you could have a 2*3 (sword or rifle) or 2*2 item (helmet or shield). Would this be a lot of work?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnMack View Post
    Jan 24th 2017. I wanted to ask b4 I update Version 1.8 - Jan 19th 2017 what all files are affected so I can just add the updated files and not have to redo everything I have done in my project. Ok I found it all I need to add is the updated InventoryManagerComponent and just edit it with my code.
    The patch notes always explain the changes so you can just apply them yourself.

There is no need to merge files as you may mess up your project by overwriting files manually. It's not always as simple as overwriting the files if your project was merged to and has files moved around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tylrin View Post
    Here is my progress of today, thanks to the help of OverRated_AU who made it possible !

It is still not very efficient and it doesn´t have the split function implemented yet, but I will try to update it in the future.

https://youtu.be/m2nOH8txetw
    Glad you got it all sorted it .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Jan 24th 2017. I wanted to ask b4 I update Version 1.8 - Jan 19th 2017 what all files are affected so I can just add the updated files and not have to redo everything I have done in my project. Ok I found it all I need to add is the updated InventoryManagerComponent and just edit it with my code.
    Last edited by ΞΔεvRοτΞ; 01-24-2017, 01:24 AM. Reason: Found it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is my progress of today, thanks to the help of OverRated_AU who made it possible !

It is still not very efficient and it doesn´t have the split function implemented yet, but I will try to update it in the future.

https://youtu.be/m2nOH8txetw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    What you need to do is just pass the inventory slot number, amount and item type to the action menu from the inventory/container slot, then use the item type to set the visibility of your actions on your menu so you only have the right actions showing for that item, and the amount to handle the splitting, then create a new Enumeration for you actions then add your actions to it, then create a new interface event in the InventoryHUDInterface and add there variables being your new action Enumeration, the inventory slot int and an amount int, then in your player controller call the new event you added to the InventoryHUDInterface and create a new server event in your IMC and then uses a switch to handle each actions event call within a function, if you need any more help just let me know.

My IMC has a child called a Construct Manager so don't worry about that part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126215[/ATTACH]
    Thanks that really helped!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X