Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nako_sung View Post
    For your informatio, we(ncsoft) could implement almost all MMORPG UI system in 3 weeks with Unreal.js.
    Cool, I'm sure a lot of people would love a tutorial showing them how to do that
    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I wrote up an entire paragraph without investigating further into the blueprints, woops! Thanks for all of your hard work, I love it!
      Last edited by GageCornelius; 03-14-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        Cool, I'm sure a lot of people would love a tutorial showing them how to do that
        <tosses in a sovereign> I also call. I'd like to see those cards.

WIP Thread

Comment

For your informatio, we(ncsoft) could implement almost all MMORPG UI system in 3 weeks with Unreal.js
          NCsoft!? Interesting! Nice to see you here, I hope that the MMRPG UI you are talking about is being used in Lineage 3 *HINT HINT "MAKE L3" HINT HINT*

Comment

Originally posted by nako_sung View Post
            For your informatio, we(ncsoft) could implement almost all MMORPG UI system in 3 weeks with Unreal.js.
            Why use JS over slate or UMG if i may ask?

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
            Progress ... and challenges. (Please ignore the rough edges. Working on function atm, rather than form.)

About your loot container background are you using a image which can be scaled to the size of the slots ? You can increase the slot columns within the container.
            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-15-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
              Why use JS over slate or UMG if i may ask?

About your loot container background are you using a image which can be scaled to the size of the slots ? You can increase the slot columns within the container.
              Atm, I have no background image for my loot container. I've gotten it working. I just made a copy of the pot container and changed the mesh. I haven't worked on the new functionality yet. In our game, loot does not spawn. All of the treasure that will exist in the game will be present on day 1. Some of it will be procedurally populated, but much will be hand placed as treasure will almost always contain at least one quest item/clue. Containers such as corpses, chests, pots, & etc will be almost identical in function to Pirates Pot Container.

If you mean the image that I am using for the background of the Inventory and Equipment windows, that's a simple image and may wind up being a placeholder.

WIP Thread

Comment

I don't use JS over slate or UMG's. UMG does use slate. JS does use UMG.

UMG(WrapBox, {YourNiceAttribute:YourNiceValue},
                your_inventory_items.map(entry =>
                UMG(UImage, {Brush:{Texture:Texture.Load('/Game/Nice/Image')}}),
                UMG(TextBlock, {Text: entry.get_friendly_name()} })
                UMG(Button, {OnClicked: _ => { console.log("YOU CLICKED" } })
                )
                )
                Last edited by nako_sung; 03-15-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Atm, I have no background image for my loot container. I've gotten it working. I just made a copy of the pot container and changed the mesh. I haven't worked on the new functionality yet. In our game, loot does not spawn. All of the treasure that will exist in the game will be present on day 1. Some of it will be procedurally populated, but much will be hand placed as treasure will almost always contain at least one quest item/clue. Containers such as corpses, chests, pots, & etc will be almost identical in function to Pirates Pot Container.

If you mean the image that I am using for the background of the Inventory and Equipment windows, that's a simple image and may wind up being a placeholder.
                  Ah OK yeah i found making the background image as 3 parts is needed for the container UI so it scales right when adding more columns, you can what i mean by mine below.

This is very easily respwan system I'm working on has a few small bugs relating to the order I'm doing them in.

NOTE: if any one is interested in how to clear the hotbar slots when a item has been used, I can post on how this can be added in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL36...ature=youtu.be
                  Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                    Ah OK yeah i found making the background image as 3 parts is needed for the container UI so it scales right when adding more columns, you can what i mean by mine below.

This is very easily respwan system I'm working on has a few small bugs relating to the order I'm doing them in.

NOTE: if any one is interested in how to clear the hotbar slots when a item has been used, I can post on how this can be added in.
                    By all means, post.

WIP Thread

Comment

By all means, post.
                      I'll second that

Comment

When i get home from work, ill post a quick video up to show you guys how.

Comment

Originally posted by GageCornelius View Post
                          I wrote up an entire paragraph without investigating further into the blueprints, woops! Thanks for all of your hard work, I love it!
                          I lol'd , glad you got it figured out. Don't hesitate to ask if you run into issues though.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

[MENTION=190677]OverRated_AU[/MENTION] - Awesome work on the sleeping bag spawn!
                            I would love to have a system in place just like that, but I'm also interested clearing the hotbar on item use

I'm also still in need of some help... I created a Melee Combo system, but I can't seem to find a proper solution to my final issue...
                            stopping player movement while swinging the weapon.
                            *****EDIT*****
                            Made it work! Sometimes you just have to walk away, do something COMPLETELY different and then come back to the problem and it works

I've made a video showing the problem and "solution" But now I have it working exactly as I wanted by removing the IsMovementLocked variable and using IsAttacking instead and referencing the PlayerCharacter.
                            Everything compiles and works exactly as intended.. but if anyone can see a problem with that change, please let me know!

Last edited by Demrok; 03-16-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                              @<a href="https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?u=190677" target="_blank">OverRated_AU</a> - Awesome work on the sleeping bag spawn!
                              I would love to have a system in place just like that, but I'm also interested clearing the hotbar on item use

I'm also still in need of some help... I created a Melee Combo system, but I can't seem to find a proper solution to my final issue...
                              stopping player movement while swinging the weapon.
                              *****EDIT*****
                              Made it work! Sometimes you just have to walk away, do something COMPLETELY different and then come back to the problem and it works

I've made a video showing the problem and "solution" But now I have it working exactly as I wanted by removing the IsMovementLocked variable and using IsAttacking instead and referencing the PlayerCharacter.
                              Everything compiles and works exactly as intended.. but if anyone can see a problem with that change, please let me know!
                              That problem is easily fixed but i wouldn't go deleting the movement logic from the PlayerController as that also used to close the container inventory when you move your character, You can ether cast to the PlayerController and add that logic back in for the movement logic in the character or you can just cast to the character from the movement logic in the PlayerController.

EDIT:

Here we go.

Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-16-2016, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Wanted to throw in a useful tip:

1) If you want to be able to display amounts of an item for the inventory, there are 2 main places to do it. The first is the interact text. Go into the World Actor BP, add in an override for "GetUseActionText", and make it like the following sample:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ARPGIS_Tip1.png
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1102521
                                This makes it so a single poison apple displays "[E] Pickup Poison Apple", but if it is a stack of 5, then it will display "[E] Pickup Poison Apple (5)". The same can be done with the tooltip. Simply go into the tooltip widget, and in the "Get_Name_Text" function, make it look like the following:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ARPGIS_Tip2.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1102522

Comment

Working...
                                X