No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you decided not to do a prerelease?

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyLive View Post
      Have you decided not to do a prerelease?
      Yes, I decided that at this time, it is best to wait for Epic to put it on the marketplace.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        Yes, I decided that at this time, it is best to wait for Epic to put it on the marketplace.
        Judging by the current release speed from Epic that will take a few generations.
        Check out my 2D Platforming Kit!
        Check out my Stylized Woodland Environment
        Check out my Random Item Generator
        Check out my P
        ixel Platformer Tileset
        Check out my Mesh to Terrain Converter

Comment

I can't freaking wait to mess with this and the MP TopDown Kit. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by axell699 View Post
            Judging by the current release speed from Epic that will take a few generations.
            Originally posted by itsazombie View Post
            I can't freaking wait to mess with this and the MP TopDown Kit. Cheers!
            I just received word from Epic and it's slated for a January 27th release.
            Very excited to see what people create with it.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Looks very promising! Keep up the good work
              Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
              Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
              Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

This looks phenomenal, good job!
                Need crosshairs for your game? Check out my "100+ Crosshair Pack" on the marketplace!
                Interested in watching game development live? Check out my live stream over at Twitch.

Comment

This system looks great, I had a few questions though, first being have you set a price and if so how much is it going to be? Second does the weapon equip system support duel wielding weapons and 2 handed weapons? if not could you make tutorials to add those functions. and third and I hope I explain this one clear enough to understand, when you equip or drag lets say a sword and a shield into the weapons slots of the character body inventory, can you have the weapons start off holstered as in maybe set the sword to the hip and shield to be slung over the back/shoulder and then use a button to actually equip (in hands with animations) and re-holster (to hip and back/shoulder)? if not out of the gate again is this something you could make a tutorial of how to set up? Again I hope I explained what I am looking for with the equip and holster question. I'll probably be buying the system anyway but if those 2 things were already included I'd pay double whatever you're price is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaHemi View Post
                    This system looks great, I had a few questions though, first being have you set a price and if so how much is it going to be? Second does the weapon equip system support duel wielding weapons and 2 handed weapons? if not could you make tutorials to add those functions. and third and I hope I explain this one clear enough to understand, when you equip or drag lets say a sword and a shield into the weapons slots of the character body inventory, can you have the weapons start off holstered as in maybe set the sword to the hip and shield to be slung over the back/shoulder and then use a button to actually equip (in hands with animations) and re-holster (to hip and back/shoulder)? if not out of the gate again is this something you could make a tutorial of how to set up? Again I hope I explained what I am looking for with the equip and holster question. I'll probably be buying the system anyway but if those 2 things were already included I'd pay double whatever you're price is going to be.
                    Hello AlphaHemi,

Having the character duel wield or hold two handed weapons is not an issue.
                    There are mainhand and offhand sockets setup on the skeleton and tied to the equipment slots. (You can see in the video equipping weapons and the shield)
                    But basically everything you just asked about is to do with setting up animations to your character and nothing to do with the items themselves.

I do not include any special animations with the inventory system as that is out of the scope of what it is. There are plenty of guides on setting up animations around and I think Mixamo is still offering free animation sets that also work with unreal.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Sounds great I have all the animations needed just am not as adept at the actual coding required to make everything work properly. Really looking forward to getting this and studying it's blueprints.

Comment

Hi Pirate

Very cool inventory system. I can not wait to see it in the marketplace. I will be able to use a particular type of savegame with this?. PS. I do not have advanced programming skills.

Luny
                        lunybunny.com
                        lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
                          Hi Pirate

Very cool inventory system. I can not wait to see it in the marketplace. I will be able to use a particular type of savegame with this?. PS. I do not have advanced programming skills.

Luny
                          Thank you ,

You will need some knowledge of saving and loading savefiles (or from databases) but it is pretty straight forward as the inventory is just an array of the item structs.
                          You can load data into the inventory array on start and save the data from the array whenever your game needs to.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Very nice, can't wait to try this

Comment

This is not an 'Action RPG', inventory kit. This is an mmorpg style system with 1 slot. A real 'Action RPG' would be items that use x and y position's with different dimensions like Diablo 1, 2, 3, POE, and Grim Dawn. Misleading title.

Comment

can't Wait to try this too with TopDown Kit. Please make this possible guys!! And friendly ... ! lol

MG

Comment

Working...
                                X