Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As I mentioned before, I am just following the only integration video that is available between the two packages ... which is clearly out of date and the creators have not provided any recent purchasers with updated instructions. Can you (or anyone else) provide screenshots/information of how all of it should be connected (specifically related to the MPTDK, because when I try connecting the controller reference it says that it is not compatible)? I, as I assume several others, specifically purchased the two packages together specifically for the reason of combining them into one project ... in part to learn how they integrate. It seems like the two worked at one point in time, but now it does not. And as a newcomer to UE4 it has been frustrating ... especially since the window has passed to request a refund directly from Epic ... while I waited for a response from the creators. I understand that all if this is not anyone else's responsibility besides that of the creators. Now I am just trying to get something working considering that I already paid for it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UUCyberSteve View Post

In the official video: "Tutorial - Action RPG Inventory System - Merging Into Your Project" at the time of this link, for one example: https://youtu.be/jXYA02qQo5Y?t=1551
    There is a "SET" box in the BP "Container_Slot" that is connected immediately after the "Inventory Manager Component" ... also shown in the attached image taken from the same video.

That same "SET" box also existed in the same video for at least the Inventory Layout BP and maybe one more Inventory BP. However, when using the current version of the ARPG Inventory System, those "SET" boxes do not exist, so it is not clear as to what to connect the "Inventory Manager Component" into. As it is, the inventory system does not work without a connection and I have not seen any post, specific to Multiplayer TopDown Kit from the same creator, that addresses this situation.
    That's because that the incorrect way to handle that which was fixed in one of the early updates, you should never add or cast to blueprints from UMG widgets, ether use interfaces or dispatchers, as for what was being set it was a reference to the player controllers inventory manager.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, What SET box are you referring to? can you post a image up thanks.
    In the official video: "Tutorial - Action RPG Inventory System - Merging Into Your Project" at the time of this link, for one example: https://youtu.be/jXYA02qQo5Y?t=1551
    There is a "SET" box in the BP "Container_Slot" that is connected immediately after the "Inventory Manager Component" ... also shown in the attached image taken from the same video.

That same "SET" box also existed in the same video for at least the Inventory Layout BP and maybe one more Inventory BP. However, when using the current version of the ARPG Inventory System, those "SET" boxes do not exist, so it is not clear as to what to connect the "Inventory Manager Component" into. As it is, the inventory system does not work without a connection and I have not seen any post, specific to Multiplayer TopDown Kit from the same creator, that addresses this situation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UUCyberSteve View Post
    Hello, I am trying to combine this package with their Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I have closely followed the specific video and the generic integration video, but both videos show a SET box immediately connected to the "Inventory Manager Component". Yet the current version does not contain this SET box and every "set" option that I have tried off of the "Inventory Manager Component" pin does not produce a working combination. There has been no response from the creator, so I need to reach out to those who have already integrated it to know what must I connect after the "Inventory Manager Component" in the BPs like Inventory Layout and Container_Slot? Thanks in advance for any information.
    Hi, What SET box are you referring to? can you post a image up thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I am trying to combine this package with their Multiplayer TopDown Kit. I have closely followed the specific video and the generic integration video, but both videos show a SET box immediately connected to the "Inventory Manager Component". Yet the current version does not contain this SET box and every "set" option that I have tried off of the "Inventory Manager Component" pin does not produce a working combination. There has been no response from the creator, so I need to reach out to those who have already integrated it to know what must I connect after the "Inventory Manager Component" in the BPs like Inventory Layout and Container_Slot? Thanks in advance for any information.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all, I am also looking for information on merging the ARPGIS with the Dynamic Combat System, if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Just curious but do you plan any new market place packs? For instance would love to see a quest/mission system from you
    To be honest what I did was copy the one from codespartan in mmokit, kinda works like a charm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pirate View Post
    Temp Fix for the 4.20 White icons in inventory.
    Just curious but do you plan any new market place packs? For instance would love to see a quest/mission system from you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post

What's character interaction?
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-interaction

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Has anyone merged this yet with Character Interaction? I made so many edits to my RPG inventory that I will probably start with a fresh install for my other project..
    What's character interaction?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I am have a very hard time to load the inventory after saving the game (saving the inventory array too).

Any of you guys tried and worked?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone merged this yet with Character Interaction? I made so many edits to my RPG inventory that I will probably start with a fresh install for my other project..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi, An update was release for 4.20 so not to long ago.
    Thank you for your answer, Okay ^^ Has anyone has ever tried and succeeded in completely merging this inventory system to Dynamic combat system ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post
    Hello, When has this system last been updated ?
    Hi, An update was released for 4.20 so not to long ago.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 02-11-2019, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, When has this system last been updated ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X