Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Was wondering if someone knew the best way to implement a "Stash" container using this system. (I would like to use the existing move to container, move from container, etc. functions)

I currently setup one of the containers as a Stash (I populate the container with the players saved game Stash Inventory items) and it works great in single player.

However in multiplayer... I would like to setup this particular stash container not to replicate to other players (possibly setup a flag bool "Stash" variable for containers so it doesn't replicate and cannot be shared between players)

Any suggestions on what's the best way to do this? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey thanks for the addon!

I'm trying to figure out how to change the modular equipment when using a new character skeleton. I understand how to do it for the weapons/rings, but I have no idea where to start with the armor pieces. Where can I edit the binding locations of the each armor piece?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The thing is I have not zoomed out, this is how far away my third person camera is. I was not editing draw distance settings at all either so I dont think this is the issue. Even when I switch to first person mode, I would be able to see the arm of the character when attacking, that doesnt happen and the camera is only inches away. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kultured View Post
    I can still move, jump and what not but the character and animations are missing all of a sudden. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    This has to do with the character draw distance, from camera. I guess you are using 4.16, noticed this too when i zoom out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello everyone,
    I have been using this system and all has been well until tonight. I was working on a combat system when bam, my game has a huge problem all of a sudden. When I press play to test out the game, my character is gone. I mean i think its there, but invisible and all items attached just group up in the middle of where the character should be. I can still move, jump and what not but the character and animations are missing all of a sudden. Any ideas on how to fix this? image attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4 problem.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1132093
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone has problems with icon inventory item icon display, see this related AnswerHub post https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ter-proje.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks again!

[MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] I'd like to thank you again for this excellent system. It has proved perfect for our needs and has vastly simplified development of our game.

We've just started online testing with a prototype using the ARPGIS hooked through sockets to a java server and the system is working without a glitch. We haven't yet changed the default interface style, but here are a couple of in game (and online!) screenshots of the system at work.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Viral94 View Post
    Hey everyone,

the ARPG Inventory is awesome!
    However, I am running into a problem I can't get fixed. When I try to start the game the character wont move or spawn. When I disable autopossess and possess the character after 1 seconds the character spawns and I can move it.
    I really have no clue how I can fix this.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]149206[/ATTACH]
    Make sure you don't have a character dropped in the world. By default the editor will override the spawn and posses. You should just have a spawn point. Since the initialization is running off the node BeginPlay It's not getting called if you possess a placed character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone,

the ARPG Inventory is awesome!
    However, I am running into a problem I can't get fixed. When I try to start the game the character wont move or spawn. When I disable autopossess and possess the character after 1 seconds the character spawns and I can move it.
    I really have no clue how I can fix this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	1
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	1131364

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vaizrin View Post
    Hope you don't mind me following up on this. Spent a couple of days trying to figure out all the relationships and I'm not 100% with whats going on. If I alter any of those slots, the inventory stops working altogether. I even tried ensuring the UI matched, I'm trying to drop to a much smaller amount total. I set the inventory variable down from 28 to I believe about 15.

Is there a proper location for me to be shrinking down the inventory? Also when I remove the slots from the ui, I got a ton of errors that are coming from the InventoryManagerComponent - so I know the problem is probably in there but I just can't find it.
    Those slots are the equipment slots, you can set the inventory size in the player controller and they will be created at run time, if you want to remove equipment slots you will also need to reduce the emu for them aswell and editor the getters for the slots.
    Last edited by OverRated_AU; 07-18-2017, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    This relevant function inside the InventoryLayout widget highlights how the inventory slots are counted/setup - assigned. This is also very important to have in mind when adding a store container.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148627[/ATTACH]
    Hope you don't mind me following up on this. Spent a couple of days trying to figure out all the relationships and I'm not 100% with whats going on. If I alter any of those slots, the inventory stops working altogether. I even tried ensuring the UI matched, I'm trying to drop to a much smaller amount total. I set the inventory variable down from 28 to I believe about 15.

Is there a proper location for me to be shrinking down the inventory? Also when I remove the slots from the ui, I got a ton of errors that are coming from the InventoryManagerComponent - so I know the problem is probably in there but I just can't find it.
    Last edited by Vaizrin; 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wilthar View Post
    No worries Pirate,thank you for the answer and maybe you can send me that project when you have time.
    Please send screenshots with proof of purchase from your epic account to support@vanguardinteractive.com and I will get you a download link

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries Pirate,thank you for the answer and maybe you can send me that project when you have time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone now if Pirate will be available in the near future? (i read that he has some personal problems).I sent an e-mail to Vanguard and PM to him here but had no answer for more than 2 weeks.
    I do check my emails everyday but sometimes some addresses end up in my spam box. I am glad you were helped by others on the thread and got it sorted out (thank you again for everyone who continues to share their experience and knowledge in this thread). I do have merged projects available to people who have purchased multiple assets. I know I have not been so active recently on the forums but the assets will always be updated and maintained. Email is always the best way to reach out for support (But also this thread because so many great users have a wealth of information to share).

I have recently moved back to north america from Europe to help take care of my father so some days and weeks I am a bit preoccupied. But I am passionate about helping people make their games and achieve their goals. I will always do my best to answer emails and offer advice when asked in a timely manner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LE: I found where the problems came from and solved them. I forgot to edit the social interface functions in Inventory player controller. (Get social component)
    Great you figured it out, you can now display all messages (damage, xp, level up etc) from everywhere with a cast to your player controller, the social component message node (interface), and a receive system, local, or network message node.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X