No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meshes on the Equipment Character are doing that already.
    You can see this in the OnRep functions. So everytime you equip a new equipment mesh and it loads it onto the player it sets the master pose component to the character "mesh".
    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
      I'm working on a Durability system for the inventory its still needs a lot of work and testing but the ground work is there.

EDIT: WIP body temp system cardboard armor isn't the best to use haha.

I enjoy reading about your progress. Please keep us updated.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
        Since others are doing it

Some WIP footage of my game - got a weapon system almost done, just two bugs left (pistol not showing hands and pistol ammo not saving right)

It's going well so far though
        Very nice!

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
          I enjoy reading about your progress. Please keep us updated.

Will do , Here is some Inventory Item Drop On Death Logic i added in tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
            Awesome stuff! I really like the animation change based on what is equipped. I haven't gotten quite that far yet.
            Thanks! It's a bit dodgy since I can't animate (hence the no walking with pistol etc) but i'm more focused on getting the pure mechanics down, then can slot in art later

Comment

Before I start really hacking things up, is there an easy way to keep the inventory and variables stay and reload when switching levels?

Comment

Before I start really hacking things up, is there an easy way to keep the inventory and variables stay and reload when switching levels?
                Have tired passing the data to the server then back to the player in an array?

Comment

Have tired passing the data to the server then back to the player in an array?
                  I've played around a little, but the 'init player' gets passed at each level load. I may have to create and parse a variable in my Gameinstance that, when the first level loads, checks to see if it's the original level. If it isn't, then load that saved data rather than the initializing data..? It sounds right in theory, just not sure a good way to find/save each type of data i need. May have to try it from the scratch content to get it working rather than risk messing up my currently working project. Thanks.
                  Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-13-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I've played around a little, but the 'init player' gets passed at each level load. I may have to create and parse a variable in my gameinstance that, when the first level loads, checks to see if it's the original level. If it isn't, then load that saved data rather than the initializing data..? It sounds right in theory, just not sure a good way to find/save each type of data i need. May have to try it from the scratch content to get it working rather than risk ******** up my currently working project. Thanks.
                    So do the starting items get placed in your character inventory each time you change levels?

Comment

Yes. If I load my the game...run around..collect some items..add money..add levels..then open a new map (from command or blueprint) it opens the new map as if I just started the game over. I started with just trying to save the 'cash' variable to test it, with no luck. I'll keep playing with it over time.

Comment

This mite help.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ll-levels.html

Comment

Pirate:

I'm working on creating an item that is a clue that begins a quest.

I've created a child blueprint of the Loot_Skeleton and a journal item.

I believe that I need to override the OnActorUsed function of my journal blueprint (copied from the red apple.) to open a page widget on which I will display the journal entries.

Is this the correct approach or do you have another suggestion?

I would also like to disable the loot generation for the Loot_Skeleton child blueprint. Is there an easy way to do this? A neat little boolean would be nice.

WIP Thread

Comment

Why not create a new item type called questclues, then make the item simlar to a consumable but make it display a widget when used, edit lootactor add a boolean to disable the loot generation, in side you loot container just add a simple add inventory item adding your clue to the loot container.

Comment

Why not create a new item type called questclues, then make the item simlar to a consumable but make it display a widget when used, edit lootactor add a boolean to disable the loot generation, in side you loot container just add a simple add inventory item adding your clue to the loot container.
                              that is pretty much what I was about to write , thank you.
                              And for the disabling loot generation, a simple bool and branch before it calls the logic to generate the loot will work. Then you can set it to true by default and then change it per child or per instance placed in your world.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

For your informatio, we(ncsoft) could implement almost all MMORPG UI system in 3 weeks with Unreal.js.

Comment

Working...
                                X