Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    When you hover over inventory slots of your equipment widget, the text just reads Inventory Slot?
    Confirmed, they read"[Inventory Slot]"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kultured View Post
    It looks fine to me as of right now.
    When you hover over inventory slots of your equipment widget, the text just reads Inventory Slot?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the Equipment widget InventorySlots look like this (see image below), or is there a notice about a REINST error?
    It looks fine to me as of right now.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Inventory UI.png
Views:	1
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1132639

Here's an updated look at what is happening at the moment in the inventory manager component where the errors were pointing too.

Name:	open inventory BP.png
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1132641
    In game when I press the key to open the inventory

Name:	Inventory Test.png
Size:	834.7 KB
ID:	1132640
    Last edited by DK Buzzin; 08-19-2017, 02:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What should I be looking for to fix at this point?
    Does the Equipment widget InventorySlots look like this (see image below), or is there a notice about a REINST error?

Name:	123331212.jpg
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1132600

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because the error is still present. Try this. Remove the InventoryLayout from the player HUD, readd it. If the error still there, look into the Equipment widget and hover over the InventorySlots, if they still show a REINST error message, remove the slots and readd them, but first try to just readd the InventoryLayout, after readding rename it to the old name Layout.
    Okay so this may have got me one step closer to finding out exactly where the problem is. I tried removing the Inventory Layout from player HUD and re adding it, sadly nothing changed. Then I tried removing Inventory from Inventory Layout and while that is deleted and I press play, all the errors are cleared, but obviously I cannot use the inventory still. Does this mean the source of my issues are the Inventory UI widget? It seems something is not allowing my inventory manager component to access data from the Inventory Widget using the UI reference.

One more interesting thing, I went to the locations of all the nodes that had errors, and put an IsValid before calling the Ui references and it eliminates my runtime errors, but all these IsValid nodes are reporting they are Is Not Valid (failing to access) when I print string them. Also inventory nor equipment comes up when I press the open inventory or equipment in game.

So close to fixing this but so far away at the same time!

What should I be looking for to fix at this point? Thanks for sticking with me unit23 !!!
    Thanks,
    Dalton
    Last edited by DK Buzzin; 08-18-2017, 01:06 AM. Reason: further trial & error

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Abraham Kim View Post
    Ty for trying to help! I just can't find the drag and drop function that really makes this, you can specify in what widget bp is it? I tried to find on ToolTip and Inventory_Slot

Thanks!
    Sorry, I misunderstood you, and it is not entirely clear what you want to do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The inventory system still does not come up when pressed in game.
    Because the error is still present. Try this. Remove the InventoryLayout from the player HUD, readd it. If the error still there, look into the Equipment widget and hover over the InventorySlots, if they still show a REINST error message, remove the slots and readd them, but first try to just readd the InventoryLayout, after readding rename it to the old name Layout.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "If you remove the toggle functions the REINST oddity will be resolved. Just place those buttons somewhere else, for instance on the hotbar widget."
    Unit23

In my original post I had stated that I had already tried removing that blueprint chunk, recompiling and saving, and the error log is exactly the same. The inventory system still does not come up when pressed in game.
    To be sure of your suggestion I have tried removing any nodes whatsoever in the graph of all the UI widgets that I had added, and the runtime errors still persist.

I'm still leaning towards this being caused from my "Inventory Layout" reference variable in the inventory manager component. Every single line of error stems to a node that comes AFTER the use of that reference variable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's part of the drag and drop functions, see offsets.
    Ty for trying to help! I just can't find the drag and drop function that really makes this, you can specify in what widget bp is it? I tried to find on ToolTip and Inventory_Slot

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Abraham Kim View Post
    .. to find where is the logic to render the tooltip...
    It's part of the drag and drop functions, see offsets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    .. about "REINST" issue..
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]152248[/ATTACH]
    If you remove the toggle functions the REINST oddity will be resolved. Just place those buttons somewhere else, for instance on the hotbar widget.
    Last edited by unit23; 08-17-2017, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys! I bought the Pack from Marketplace and I'm struggling to find where is the logic to render the tooltip, the creation of widget is on InventorySlot but even if I try to add to child to a another Widget's Panel, it renders on mouse location.

Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi party people,

I have recently come across a whole slew of errors in my project related to "InventoryManagerComponent" not being able to access or read the "Inventory Layout" widget reference. These runtime errors prevent me from opening the inventory or equipment at all during gameplay, the whole system doesn't work until I can fix this.

I have done my homework on this issue before posting. I read all about "REINST" issues, editing Blueprints inside of child widgets, and circular referencing. I still cannot find out exactly what my freakin issue is.

The only (child) UI widget I have customized at all is the "Inventory" widget blue print. My small addition can bee seen in the picture below.

Name:	Inventory UI Widget BP.png
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1132557

The only customization I have made to "InventoryManagerComponent" is in two functions: "Equip Item" and "Unequip Item". I did this to test what specific type of weapon I have equipped to trigger a different attack animation sequence based on type of weapon the player is using IE slashes for sword, punching for no weapon. I will post a picture of that below too.

Name:	InventoryManagerComponent BP - Equip Weapon.png
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1132558

I believe the error might be in one of these two BP's from my research and error message log....
    HOWEVER, before you say, "just delete those customization's to your BP's to fix your errors." I already tried deleting those edits and its still error ridden.
    It has to be a reference variable issue. I tried replacing and re-initializing the "Inventory Layout" widget reference inside "InventoryManagerComponent" and vice versa but I still get errors. WHAT THE HECK? Any pointers appreciated (:

Here's the error log:

Name:	error sheet.png
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	1132559
    Last edited by DK Buzzin; 08-16-2017, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The InventoryManager function TryToAddItemToInventory, called when using a container item (right mouse click), contains the function GetEmptyInventorySpace, but if equippment slots are empty, this can result in adding the container item to the first empty equippment slot. Thus, I've slightly modified GetEmptyInventorySpace, to account for the equippment slots. Maybe this is helpful for someone else. However, this means that equipment items are no longer directly equipped from containers.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15176[/ATTACH]
    (Notice above, it's 13 not 14)

If you want to do this your better off skipping them all together, Yours would be EquipmentSlots rather than what mine uses there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello .
    I just started with this asset and i have to say it is great .

Only problem i encountered was that i could drag widgets ( inventory , equipment,etc) out of the screen , and leave them there , which essentially will make them useless . is this intended ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X