Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    So here another reversion of my inventory probably the best one yet i think.



    Very nice! This format seems more stylistically compatible with your game.

    WIP Thread

    Comment


      Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
      Very nice! This format seems more stylistically compatible with your game.
      Thanks now to work on the format for the stats.

      Comment


        Hey guys, just a question... I did the tutorial about adding an item to the system. Btw, I own some sword models which has only static meshes. In the tutorial it is said that I need to select a static + a skeletal mesh on item list ?

        Comment


          Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
          Hey guys, just a question... I did the tutorial about adding an item to the system. Btw, I own some sword models which has only static meshes. In the tutorial it is said that I need to select a static + a skeletal mesh on item list ?
          Unless you want to animate them separately, the sword static meshes could be attached to the hand socket(s) and would not require a skeletal mesh version. You generally need a skeletal mesh for wearable items such as armor or clothing, so that the armor or clothing would animate with the character mesh.

          WIP Thread

          Comment


            Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
            Unless you want to animate them separately, the sword static meshes could be attached to the hand socket(s) and would not require a skeletal mesh version. You generally need a skeletal mesh for wearable items such as armor or clothing, so that the armor or clothing would animate with the character mesh.
            True, but if I chose just a static mesh instead of static and skeletal it is invisible on equip. That means the first selection is for the item on ground for example and the skeletal for item equipped.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
              True, but if I chose just a static mesh instead of static and skeletal it is invisible on equip. That means the first selection is for the item on ground for example and the skeletal for item equipped.
              My apologies. I have not actually made any weapons, so I was perhaps speaking out of turn. Have you watched this tutorial? About 2:30 he goes into the process when you only have a static mesh.

              Last edited by Rhynedahll; 03-10-2016, 04:56 PM. Reason: I watched some of the video :)

              WIP Thread

              Comment


                Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
                True, but if I chose just a static mesh instead of static and skeletal it is invisible on equip. That means the first selection is for the item on ground for example and the skeletal for item equipped.
                The code is setup to equip the skeletal mesh for view on the player. That's why it's called the equipment mesh.
                So if you don't provide an equipment mesh you won't see the item equipped onto the player.

                So that leaves you with two options.

                Make a skeletal mesh version of your weapon and everything is all perfect and easy (BTW Static mesh rotations are different so that they get placed on the floor nicely for item dropping. So having a static and a skeletal isn't a bad thing ).


                Change a bunch of code and complicate the system by putting in a bunch of logic/changes to allow either a skeletal mesh or Static mesh to be used for a weapon.
                But honestly, you are going to probably spawn your weapon as a Blueprint and attach that anyways when you have a weapon system. So maybe instead of complicating things you will just want to change your Weapon equip logic to spawn the weapon blueprint and equip your weapon blueprint to your hand socket (which can then use the static mesh property of your item if you wish instead of the skeletal)
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                  My apologies. I have not actually made any weapons, so I was perhaps speaking out of turn. Have you watched this tutorial? About 2:30 he goes into the process when you only have a static mesh.

                  Got it working. Thank you really much Sir. Also Pirate.. thx for your help!!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
                    Got it working. Thank you really much Sir. Also Pirate.. thx for your help!!
                    Awesome
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

                    Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

                    Comment


                      Really liking the update still! It makes it so much easier to edit stuff and hook other systems in, great work!

                      Any news on the equipment slot tutorial though?

                      Comment


                        I'm working on a Durability system for the inventory its still needs a lot of work and testing but the ground work is there.


                        EDIT: WIP body temp system cardboard armor isn't the best to use haha.









                        Same basic item splitting i have added in.
                        Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-13-2016, 06:03 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          Ok cool, so the issue was with using the fuse skeleton?
                          Glad you got that resolved, it's great to see everyone helping out with Unreal issues.
                          Yes, it appears that way. I'm guessing it has to do with bone location relative to the ground, but don't have the prerequisite skills to verify that

                          Comment


                            Since others are doing it

                            Some WIP footage of my game - got a weapon system almost done, just two bugs left (pistol not showing hands and pistol ammo not saving right)



                            It's going well so far though

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
                              Since others are doing it

                              Some WIP footage of my game - got a weapon system almost done, just two bugs left (pistol not showing hands and pistol ammo not saving right)



                              It's going well so far though
                              Awesome stuff! I really like the animation change based on what is equipped. I haven't gotten quite that far yet.

                              Comment


                                I came across this, and thought I'd share it. It may be helpful to some in regards to importing new armors and such. I may try and see if it fixes my previous boot sync issue.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X