No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got home late from work...then the new nvidia driver FUBAR'd my system. Now that it's all fixed..I'll make that video.

As you can see, all is well when the character has no boots. When i add the boots i get the doubling/out of sync sound. Then when i jump, it fixes the sync, but still doubles the sound as seen from the Print text. (I hav enot added different sounds for different textures yet, just trying to get the mechanic to work first)
    Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-07-2016, 10:57 PM. Reason: Added Video

Comment

Try dragging your character up so his feet are level with the landscape in your character blueprint, i recall i did this some time ago when i noticed my characters feet clipping the ground, seems like the character in the third person template is just positioned like that.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
        Try dragging your character up so his feet are level with the landscape in your character blueprint, i recall i did this some time ago when i noticed my characters feet clipping the ground, seems like the character in the third person template is just positioned like that.
        I thought that as well and moved it up. I will try raising him a bit more and see what happens..

EDIT: That just made him float. I may have to look into another way to trigger the sound then using animation cues. This is an annoying bug..
        Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-08-2016, 12:21 AM. Reason: No luck..

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
          I thought that as well and moved it up. I will try raising him a bit more and see what happens..

EDIT: That just made him float. I may have to look into another way to trigger the sound then using animation cues. This is an annoying bug..
          Does the mannequin have the same problem when you switch to it? I can't see it being a bug if I'm not getting the same result.

Also try just a plan landscape to see if it's related to that.
          Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-08-2016, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Does the mannequin have the same problem when you switch to it? I can't see it being a bug if I'm not getting the same result.

Also try just a plan landscape to see if it's related to that.
            The UE4 Mannequin does not have that issue, so it is my character...or the skeleton I used a Fuse character I made, with the new Fuse animations. I originally tried to used the default animations and skeleton, but it distorted the mesh. That's why I went this route. I'm not sure why its happening with that model/skeleton..

Comment

The UE4 Mannequin does not have that issue, so it is my character...or the skeleton I used a Fuse character I made, with the new Fuse animations. I originally tried to used the default animations and skeleton, but it distorted the mesh. That's why I went this route. I'm not sure why its happening with that model/skeleton..
              When you import a Fuse models make sure you select the Mannequin skeleton or the animations wont be work right, which ends up with your model with zigzag arms lol.

Comment

I was able to get the imported toon working with the default animations, but he imported shorted and with strange shoulders. That's why I went with the straight import and fuse animations. Everything works great minus that. I'll probably use the weird character for now and do a separate thread to see if I can figure out why it does that. Only thing I noticed was the location of the foot bones. In the UE model, the foot is towards the top center of the mesh. In the fuse model it hits the ground plane the same time as the mesh. I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I'll keep playing with it when I get off work. Sorry for running the thread off the rails, but didn't want other people to run into the same issue.

Comment

I was able to get the imported toon working with the default animations, but he imported shorted and with strange shoulders. That's why I went with the straight import and fuse animations. Everything works great minus that. I'll probably use the weird character for now and do a separate thread to see if I can figure out why it does that. Only thing I noticed was the location of the foot bones. In the UE model, the foot is towards the top center of the mesh. In the fuse model it hits the ground plane the same time as the mesh. I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I'll keep playing with it when I get off work. Sorry for running the thread off the rails, but didn't want other people to run into the same issue.
                  The shoulders problem can be fixed easily if you know how to use 3D max, shot me a PM and ill see if i can match the bones with the Mannequin for you.

Comment

The shoulders problem can be fixed easily if you know how to use 3D max, shot me a PM and ill see if i can match the bones with the Mannequin for you.
                    I appreciate it that. PM Sent
                    Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-08-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Interesting development, I may have found a workaround. If I reset the boots back to the default UE4 skeleton they (somehow) still animate properly (same bone names probably?) and I don't get the double sound.
                      Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Progress ... and challenges. (Please ignore the rough edges. Working on function atm, rather than form.)

WIP Thread

Comment

Thanks for sharing , the launcher is cool. Is the login through a database account system?

When you stream to the new map, perhaps it's refreshing OnBegin play?
                          You should also rotate the MainHand/OffHand sockets to fit your skeleton/animations so the sword shows the right way .
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Interesting development, I may have found a workaround. If I reset the boots back to the default UE4 skeleton they (somehow) still animate properly (same bone names probably?) and I don't get the double sound.
                            Ok cool, so the issue was with using the fuse skeleton?
                            Glad you got that resolved, it's great to see everyone helping out with Unreal issues.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                              Thanks for sharing , the launcher is cool. Is the login through a database account system?

When you stream to the new map, perhaps it's refreshing OnBegin play?
                              You should also rotate the MainHand/OffHand sockets to fit your skeleton/animations so the sword shows the right way .
                              The launcher needs much work. It only has basic functionality atm. The login is through a MySql db running on a Xampp installation. It has hashing for user & pw, but I need it to pass a time limited token or key to UE4 and I still need to prevent concurrent logins (same user), dress up the graphics, & other things.

I had just gotten the AdvSocSys integrated when I made the video. I haven't worked on making the inventory/player state persistent across server/map changes yet. What I have in mind is having the inventory, player equipment, and etc loaded from a db each time a player zones, but still need to sort out how to get direct access from UE4 to the game. Much work ahead.

WIP Thread

Comment

So here another reversion of my inventory probably the best one yet i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X