• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
      Yes the update is out

Let me know if you have any issues, I still need to update the TopDown Inventory Merge video with the new UI steps. But watching the Inventory merge video will help people with that part.
      It was very intuitive tbh, easier than before even

Comment

chlballi thanks for sharing

Also I really like your character stats UI design.

Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
        It was very intuitive tbh, easier than before even
        Awesome
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

chlballi thanks for sharing

Also I really like your character stats UI design.
          Thanks! I just hope people get some use out of it. I'm still learning myself, so anything to help the group.

I stole the +/- numbers and the stat names/order from D&D.
          Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-01-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
            Thanks! I was inspired by D&D for the +/- numbers and the stat names/order.
            fixed haha ;D
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Hopefully these will help anyone else trying to have a basic level system. It's nothing complicated, nor does it use any form of Experience to level up. Right now it just does it as a key press so I could test it's functionality.
              Ah cool, I plan to build a ranking system its on my long list of features lol.
              Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-03-2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

fixed haha ;D
                Yes, definitely, in all cases, other games inspire us.

WIP Thread

Comment

Re-post i did some more tweaks

Comment

How/where does the system set the locations of the equipped meshes?

More specifically I have gotten to where I can set anim state per item equipped but the assault rifle is slanted really badly:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	9f62b78974.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1101852

I have tried rotating the mesh on the char and rotating the skeletal mesh itself but neither worked

EDIT: and of course I found it straight away after

for anyone else its in the equipment character under the onRepMesh functions
                    Last edited by Mikachu_92; 03-05-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
                      How/where does the system set the locations of the equipped meshes?

More specifically I have gotten to where I can set anim state per item equipped but the assault rifle is slanted really badly:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]82105[/ATTACH]

I have tried rotating the mesh on the char and rotating the skeletal mesh itself but neither worked

EDIT: and of course I found it straight away after

for anyone else its in the equipment character under the onRepMesh functions

In the demo the socket rotation is setup for the Third Person Animations Epic includes in the Third Person Starter Project.
                      If animations in your project seem to have a wrong rotation for the equipped weapons, then you can simply just adjust the socket on the Player Skeleton to a position that fits your animations better.

Now when you are working with multiple animation packs, the problem with sockets is that they are attached to bones, and different animations may have different rotations set on the bones the socket is attached to.
                      Most animators focus on making their animations look good and not so much on the technical uses of their animations or consistency between different assets other animators are selling.
                      If you see your rotation working fine on some animations and other animations it's all off, you will most likely have to clean these things up at an animation level if you want consistent rotation between different animation sets.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Thought i would share a video of my game logic that i have been working on with the inventory system.

Backpack, food, water and energy logic.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/remnant...game-logic-wip
                        Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-06-2016, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          Thought i would share a video of my game logic that i have been working on with the inventory system.

Backpack, food, water and energy logic.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/remnant...game-logic-wip
                          Excellent work. Are you using the UE4 Mannequin animations?

WIP Thread

Comment

Very Good Stuff OverRated_AU! I also like the camera toggle so you can see your character, that was a cool touch. From seeing your screenshots, and now that video, I do have to ask: What is the story for your game?

Also: What Rhynedahll said...
                            Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 03-06-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                              Excellent work. Are you using the UE4 Mannequin animations?
                              Very Good Stuff OverRated_AU! I also like the camera toggle so you can see your character, that was a cool touch. From seeing your screenshots, and now that video, I do have to ask: What is the story for your game?

Also: What Rhynedahll said...
                              Yeah my character is setup to use the Mannequin animations.

For our story in short, its based hundreds of years after a future war where nothing but ruins are left and the earth has taken back over, all humanity has been wiped off the face of the earth by the past war between humanity and AI, you play as a cyborg which was created a last defense tactic in the war, some cyborgs got placed in a status mode before the war as it was part of there structural design they start reboot when the energy-cell within his body starts to fail.

Thats a basic idea of our game it is will be a open world survival sand box game so there wont be a story mode, but we do plan to add story based loot.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                                Yeah my character is setup to use the Mannequin animations.

For our story in short, its based hundreds of years after a future war where nothing but ruins are left and the earth has taken back over, all humanity has been wiped off the face of the earth by the past war between humanity and AI, you play as a cyborg which was created a last defense tactic in the war, some cyborgs got placed in a status mode before the war as it was part of there structural design they start reboot when the energy-cell within his body starts to fail.

Thats a basic idea of our game it is will be a open world survival sand box game so there wont be a story mode, but we do plan to add story based loot.
                                Sounds very cool. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X