Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm having the same issue, I've had several integration issues and took 4 attempts going off the tutorial to get it working somewhat properly, biggest issues I'm running into are tool tip not displaying right, and creating new world actors like a potion for example. They refuse to work, the existing consumables get consumed but do nothing. The only thing I can possibly guess is that it's not referencing the player controller/player correctly. But in my project I call health from the player not the controller so I assume that's part of it.

there's also an issue with the eslate visibility going on for interact functions, they work properly but every time you PIE, it throws back the same error 600+ times in half a minute

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since 4.18 I have an issue with the tooltip, all items say they're "head slot" in the tool tip when you hover over them, even if they're shoulder armor, weapons etc. Anyone else with this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    Pirate

I have migrated the inventory system into my shooter project, it seems good , but i have a strange issue.
    I cannot see the picked up item in my inventory(Nor icon) or i cannot drag item from container to inventory ,similiar happens when i try to drag on hotbar slot ,BUT dragging from container to equipment it works .
    Although pick up item works , add item fucntion is good linked..
    There is no error.
    I tried to use the basic inventorycontroller ,too with equipemnt character it works good.

Any idea what can cause this inventory problem ? :\

(I added equipmentinventory component(renamed to PlayerInventoryComponent) and InventorymanagerComponent to MyplayerController , is it okay right ? I just did like the video)
    Thank you
    Last edited by Arnesso; 12-08-2017, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there firstly wow awsome system. im very new to unreal and realy enjoy the system. Thus i did buy this so that i can start making a rpg game. i have one question how do i start this character without making it using the demo caracters

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone has a integration video to the MMO kit?

Nice forum btw, lot of usefull information

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NodrawNT View Post

I kinda found what was wrong. When I made my project I deleted the "Demo" Folder in the blueprints folder, which for some reason doesn't initialize the inventory for my character.
    If someone has the time and more knowledge than I obviously have, can explain to me what's wrong and why we can't delete the demo folder which I assumed was modular and for demo purposes only, that would be awesome. Thanks !
    Hi, the demo folder contains example content for the inventory if you deleted it in the editor it would of shown assets that are tied to these examples.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NodrawNT View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm really struggling to get this to work on my project. I saw the merge videos but I'm still getting "Inventory Full" errors when I want to pick something up. I read someone had the same error but it was of no help. Can someone tell me if they see something wrong on my world actor bp please ? https://i.imgur.com/dCIxGpH.png

I'm using UE4 4.16
    I kinda found what was wrong. When I made my project I deleted the "Demo" Folder in the blueprints folder, which for some reason doesn't initialize the inventory for my character.
    If someone has the time and more knowledge than I obviously have, can explain to me what's wrong and why we can't delete the demo folder which I assumed was modular and for demo purposes only, that would be awesome. Thanks !
    Last edited by NodrawNT; 11-29-2017, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried to setup a system where items have a weapon type. Depending on the weapon type, the animation blueprint would use a different blendspace. For some reason, my blendspace isn't "replicating" to the client, even tho the server recognizes when switching weapon types. Any ideas?
    Image of the animations replicating was too big to fit in the post so here's the link to an imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/XxtYd
    EDIT: Got it working
    Last edited by LX3; 11-27-2017, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so i sort of realised in order to get weapon functionality with the ARPGI id have to set up a weapon blueprint system. im having a bit of trouble figuring out how to actually assign a weapon class to the blueprint. everything ive tried so far has led to a "accessed none" entry in the debug window. anyone here figure out how to set this up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Robviously View Post

I would start with a basic save system, this would be a file saved on the clients machine but would be easily manipulated. If you're good with server and coding. You could use the JSON plugin to securely transfer the information to a dedicated webserver. Since duping and hacking and all that would be quite easy.

This is no small feat, at least not for me. You may need to hire someone depending on your skill level.

here is a post on Reddit that will explain more avenues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...r_player_data/

I hope that gives you a point in a direction, I wish I could be more helpful.
    Hey Rob,

Thx so much for your reply. I think you're on the right lines that I need to save the state of the item and reload the reference when the item is discarded and picked up again, or equipped/unequipped. I don't think I'd need to all the server stuff because this will be a single player experience and I think it would be enough to store the items and stats in some kind of array?

I don't know precisely, which is why I'm asking. I'll keep digging and read the link you sent anyway as I might be misunderstanding you.

Thx for your help mate.
    Daz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
    Hey,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have?

I want to find a way to make the items that drop randomly and are picked up by the player be persistent......

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right lines, provide some help etc?

I have a good basis for my game with stats, enemies, procedural levels, levelling system etc but having actual randomised items with random stats is what I need. I have the system scripted already to make the items have random appearances and stats but I can't retain those stats between item manipulation.

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Thanks for any help you can give,
    Daz

I would start with a basic save system, this would be a file saved on the clients machine but would be easily manipulated. If you're good with server and coding. You could use the JSON plugin to securely transfer the information to a dedicated webserver. Since duping and hacking and all that would be quite easy.

This is no small feat, at least not for me. You may need to hire someone depending on your skill level.

here is a post on Reddit that will explain more avenues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...r_player_data/

I hope that gives you a point in a direction, I wish I could be more helpful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
    Why is it now: Add to project??
    It was not supposed to be.
    This was an issue on the marketplace teams end. they have changed the way assets roll out on the web form and I guess it bugged the his project. It's been sorted out now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Guys this is a support thread, not a tutor course, and most of these question have already been answered so please take the time to look.
    Is that directed at me too?

I've searched, I've read lots of pages (there are 99) but I'm asking a specific question and haven't found anything related to what I'm trying to do.
    I'm appealing to someone's good nature as a fellow developer to help me out.

If you weren't directing that at me then fair enough. I'm not just sitting here waiting for the someone to do it for me, I want to learn and plug the gaps in my knowledge (there's a lot of them).
    I've seen you on here for a long time and checked out your progress on your project and you're very talented, for sure. You could probably do what I'm trying to do in your sleep!

If you can direct me to how I can learn to do what I'm asking, within ARPGIS I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Daz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys this is a support thread, not a tutor course, and most of these question have already been answered so please take the time to look.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys how can i add a slot so the character can equip more things
    you can tell me if you whant in discord
    TheGamer Flame#6773

Leave a comment:

Working...
X