No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To anyone here who has created, imported, and used a Fuse Model....

Help..?
    Attached Files

Comment

His poor arms

Have you tried answerhub i'm sure a few people have probably had issues with fuse in Unreal
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
        Help..?
        I think this is not the correct thread to ask this. I will send you a pm as soom as I can.
        pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Help..?
          Errors similar to this occur when importing a Makehuman model. The fix may also work for you if you are reusing the UE4 skeleton animations.

Open the imported skeletal mesh. Open the Skeleton tab. (showing the bones) Check the Show Advanced Options check box next to the Active Sockets button. Right click on the offending bone. Select Recursively Set Translation Retargeting Skeleton. Do this for each out of whack bone.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
            Errors similar to this occur when importing a Makehuman model. The fix may also work for you if you are reusing the UE4 skeleton animations.

Open the imported skeletal mesh. Open the Skeleton tab. (showing the bones) Check the Show Advanced Options check box next to the Active Sockets button. Right click on the offending bone. Select Recursively Set Translation Retargeting Skeleton. Do this for each out of whack bone.
            I'll give that a shot when I get home from work, getting ready to head in to work now. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
              I think this is not the correct thread to ask this. I will send you a pm as soom as I can.
              It's ok, I don't mind because I am sure other Action RPG Inventory users have some experience with this and they might be able to help.

I'm really happy with how this thread is becoming more than just a support thread for the Inventory. It is now also a place where people share their projects that use the system and share tutorials and enhancements with it.

\\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Help..?

This is just because you didn't select the Mannequin skeleton when you imported your model, Mixamo states there skeleton supports unreal 4 which it did when the blue Mannequin was still being used, Just re-import it and select the Mannequin skeleton, If you plan on using the unreal animations you will still need to tweak the bone locations on your Mixamo character other wise just import some animations off the Mixamo site.

Also what are using for your ranking system? is that a marketplace asset?
                Last edited by OverRated_AU; 03-01-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I THINK the update is out finally, I am reintegrating it with the topdown BP and a lot fo UI stuff has now changed to be simpler

Comment

Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
                    I THINK the update is out finally, I am reintegrating it with the topdown BP and a lot fo UI stuff has now changed to be simpler
                    Yes the update is out

Let me know if you have any issues, I still need to update the TopDown Inventory Merge video with the new UI steps. But watching the Inventory merge video will help people with that part.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                      This is just because you didn't select the Mannequin skeleton when you imported your model, Mixamo states there skeleton supports unreal 4 which it did when the blue Mannequin was still being used, Just re-import it and select the Mannequin skeleton, If you plan on using the unreal animations you will still need to tweak the bone locations on your Mixamo character other wise just import some animations off the Mixamo site.

Also what are using for your ranking system? is that a marketplace asset?
                      Ranking system?

Comment

Ranking system?
                        I think he means because it says "Level 2" on your player frame. He's wondering if that's something you bought or created yourself.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          I think he means because it says "Level 2" on your player frame. He's wondering if that's something you bought or created yourself.
                          Gotcha. The level system I created. I can share the code (or code pieces) if anyone would find it helpful. I've also tied into a leveling system that plays an animation and some particle effects when the character levels up. It subsequently adds the level, adds one point (can be changed) to each stat (i have 6), and adds some hit points (variable based on class of toon).

Comment

Gotcha. The level system I created. I can share the code (or code pieces) if anyone would find it helpful. I've also tied into a leveling system that plays an animation and some particle effects when the character levels up. It subsequently adds the level, adds one point (can be changed) to each stat (i have 6), and adds some hit points (variable based on class of toon).
                            Ohhh this sounds cool!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JManDawg View Post
                              Ohhh this sounds cool!!!!!
                              I'll make a set of screenshots to help suss out the majority of it once I get "speghetti arms" fixed.

Comment

Hopefully these will help anyone else trying to have a basic level system. It's nothing complicated, nor does it use any form of Experience to level up. Right now it just does it as a key press so I could test it's functionality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	588.7 KB
ID:	1101594

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	1101595

Name:	3.jpg