• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Here's it all cleaned up.

Looks great!

Comment

Hey first off thanks for the great tutorials and system.

Although if anyone could give me a hand with an issue I'm having that would be swell. I have followed the merging video through and am using my own skeletal mesh/pawn. At the moment I am having a really hard time actually equipping items to my Player character in game. It seems (when using the bone sword for example) to go to the socket but be like 3 times too large and point straight down.

I tried to replace his skeleton with the Mannequins (just for testing purposes) and this didn't seem to help. The only way I was able to get the scale down on the sword was to change the node in OnRep_MainHandMesh: "attach to" to: "snap to target, including scale". However it still pointed straight down to the floor :/

Any help would be awesome, cheers.

Comment

Hello, this is a great pack worth every penny
        I just have something to mention
        when moving the controls from the right mouse button to the 1st/3rd mode i noticed a little something off, for example if you press c to bring the character ui you enter the ui mode but if you press b it will bring the backpack ui but you'll exit the ui mode while the character and the backpack ui are still on screen
        i'v managed a solution for it for anyone interested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	1101416

it may not be the best solution but it works for me any way
        Attached Files

Comment

Just one more thing,
          when i set the max loot items in the loot actor to 18 or more i get this error
          Click image for larger version

Name:	looperror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1101417

any idea why i causes the infinite loop and how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by IreliaFTW View Post
            Just one more thing,
            when i set the max loot items in the loot actor to 18 or more i get this error
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]80947[/ATTACH]

any idea why i causes the infinite loop and how to fix it?

This is because the loot actor demo logic has variables you can assign for min and max loot that randomizes. So if you have made changes to existing loot lists, or created new one please make sure you aren't trying to random more items then you have in the assigned loot list if you wish to use the demo random loot code.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I had a little bit of free time earlier so I went and added my basic mount system to work with the inventory system, The item interaction is different then the one I had setup in my mount and tame, so I converted it over to the BPInterface from the ARPG inventory. It only took a few minutes which was nice ended up quickly adding a Mounted state in the anim graph as well.
              Attached Files
              Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
              Mount and Taming Blueprint
              Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
              Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

[MENTION=118386]Robviously[/MENTION]
                Very nice! I have been thinking about purchasing your mount system Rob, would love to see a video of it in action with the ARPGIS

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                  [MENTION=118386]Robviously[/MENTION]
                  Very nice! I have been thinking about purchasing your mount system Rob, would love to see a video of it in action with the ARPGIS

Looks great, all the screenshots people are showing get me pretty excited .
                  It should be easy to do a MMO/WoW style mount where you "use" the item and it spawns the mount since you already have all that code in your asset .
                  Just need to make a new item type "Mount" or something and add in a little logic for the UseInventoryItem if the item type is a "Mount"
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                  Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                  Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

For people updating there projects to the 1.3 update when its released tomorrow, i have made a short video showing you guys how easy it is to update, and sorry there's no voice over but you guys should understand it without it.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                      For people updating there projects to the 1.3 update when its released tomorrow, i have made a short video showing you guys how easy it is to update, and sorry there's no voice over but you guys should understand it without it.
                      Awesome, that's very kind of you to take the time to help others out

It looks like the update is now out.
                      Patch Notes - V1.3 (Updated February 29th 2016)

If you have any issues please email us at support@vanguardinteractive.com
                      Last edited by Pirate; 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM.
                      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

It should be easy to do a MMO/WoW style mount where you "use" the item and it spawns the mount since you already have all that code in your asset
                        I actually thought about that too.. but wasn't sure if I wanted to have a "poof here's your magic horse" option lol

Update is out by the way

Comment

Well, instead of a *POOF*, you can have it come running in from out-of-view. Spawned in, moving towards character that called it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                            Well, instead of a *POOF*, you can have it come running in from out-of-view. Spawned in, moving towards character that called it.
                            Haha ya I always liked that style more. Like how Age of Conan did it where it runs up and you saddle it.
                            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                              Haha ya I always liked that style more. Like how Age of Conan did it where it runs up and you saddle it.
                              In Black Desert Online, your mount is always present as an in game object while you are playing. You have to stake it out nearby or stable it. For the sake of immersion, we plan for the final implementation of our mount system to be a similar full time simulation: You'll have to feed and water it, house it, protect it, and keep track of it. While we may add the ability to train it to come to a whistle or use magic to transport it, it will not under any circumstances fit in your pack.

WIP Thread

Comment

That's the style I would use in an RPG. Where it's there and you need to stable it, sort of like RED DEAD. I also like it when you have to take care of it and it can be killed (ark is probably the most recent example i can think of that has this).

My basic mount system is to show people who are having issues or don't know how to make an actor attach to another/change controller possession from one pawn to another and so on. Another call mount style I like is in final fantasy a realm reborn, the mount comes running toward you and fades in as it does so. These things are all easy to do.

When i have some free time i'll setup the mount to act like the one in the new metal gear for the little game demo I'm doing with pirates inventory. Thinking about adding parts of my status effects pack to.
                                Last edited by Robviously; 02-29-2016, 07:40 PM.
                                Robviously - Lone Pioneer Studios

Marketplace Items:
                                Mount and Taming Blueprint
                                Status Effects and Combat Text Blueprint
                                Laser Rangefinder Blueprint

Comment

Working...
                                X