No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a screenshot from our project that we are currently working on .

Comment

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see more
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

could your system be easily adopdet to a point & click adventure inventory ?
        www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post
          could your system be easily adopdet to a point & click adventure inventory ?
          I don't see why not, as it can be used in any type of game design. How you interact with the items is up to your UI and game design.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
            ]The update has been submitted to Epic and I will be editing the merge tutorials on youtube to remove the old UI migration steps and add the new steps for this version.
            I will include a link to the updated migration video when it's online[/B]
            My plugin project has hit a wall and I was hoping to get back on the inventory integration. Have you had any word when the update will be available?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
              My plugin project has hit a wall and I was hoping to get back on the inventory integration. Have you had any word when the update will be available?
              They have had the files for awhile now, I guess with Tuesday/Wednesday usually being about the new releases they didn't do it. I will hassle them some more and hopefully it gets released tomorrow.

what is your plugin project about if you don't mind me asking?
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

what is your plugin project about if you don't mind me asking?
                It's just a learning project. C++ is not my native tongue and it is difficult for me. I want to expose the functions of the the Mysql c++ connector to blueprints so that I can make a direct connection from my project to my Mysql database. For certain things, i.e. player location and inventory, I want fast updates without an extra layer such as might be done with VaRest (which I would have to learn how to use) or similar.

Mostly I'm just digging through search results trying to sort out the Link errors that I have encountered. Thus far, I can't get my UE4 C++ code to recognize/find the mysql libraries. UE4 c++ projects have Makefile configurations and I am not familiar with these at all. I'm still trying to understand functions in the Build.cs.

But the plugin work was just a fill-in and I'm going to let it languish for a while and hope for inspiration. As soon as I get the ARPGIS back up to snuff, I'm going to get the A.S.S.

WIP Thread

Comment

It's just a learning project. C++ is not my native tongue and it is difficult for me. I want to expose the functions of the the Mysql c++ connector to blueprints so that I can make a direct connection from my project to my Mysql database. For certain things, i.e. player location and inventory, I want fast updates without an extra layer such as might be done with VaRest (which I would have to learn how to use) or similar.

Mostly I'm just digging through search results trying to sort out the Link errors that I have encountered. Thus far, I can't get my UE4 C++ code to recognize/find the mysql libraries. UE4 c++ projects have Makefile configurations and I am not familiar with these at all. I'm still trying to understand functions in the Build.cs.

But the plugin work was just a fill-in and I'm going to let it languish for a while and hope for inspiration. As soon as I get the ARPGIS back up to snuff, I'm going to get the A.S.S.
                  Awesome, I know VaRest might not seem like the best option because of the added overhead but if you have that MySQL code as part of the client it might present issues down the road with hacking.
                  Atleast with VaRest and the webserver you can limit who can talk to the webserver to send these requests for data.

I have experience using VaRest but I am looking to come up with my own solution that doesn't use PHP. This is something I am going to be working on over the next few months on our game and I'll be happy to share my findings as I go.
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

As far as MySQL without PHP goes, I keep seeing talk about Node.js on here and there is a connector for that. I think Flathead is the plugin but it hasn't been updated in a while. I think there is Unreal.JS as well which I think could communicate with MySQL via REST.

Comment

Awesome, I know VaRest might not seem like the best option because of the added overhead but if you have that MySQL code as part of the client it might present issues down the road with hacking.
                      Atleast with VaRest and the webserver you can limit who can talk to the webserver to send these requests for data.

I have experience using VaRest but I am looking to come up with my own solution that doesn't use PHP. This is something I am going to be working on over the next few months on our game and I'll be happy to share my findings as I go.
                      From reading a number of comments around the web, my understanding is that php is slow. I would be more than happy to purchase your solution from the Marketplace.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ToxinGaming View Post
                        As far as MySQL without PHP goes, I keep seeing talk about Node.js on here and there is a connector for that. I think Flathead is the plugin but it hasn't been updated in a while. I think there is Unreal.JS as well which I think could communicate with MySQL via REST.

From reading a number of comments around the web, my understanding is that php is slow. I would be more than happy to purchase your solution from the Marketplace.
                        Yes PHP is slow and a resource hog.
                        I have been speaking with a few people and I am thinking about creating a python or node.js backend to handle all my server list/database work.
                        I doubt this will ever be something that would be put up for sale on the marketplace. It would more likely be information and plugins shared with the community to help you building your own solution.
                        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Here's a game that's using ARPGIS. See video in last post:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ultiplayer-RPG

WIP Thread

Comment

First item test

Missed a few verts and wrong bone parenting

WIP Thread

Comment

that's a cool player model, but I'm guessing it's not using the unreal skeleton by the way the items are aligned.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

that's a cool player model, but I'm guessing it's not using the unreal skeleton by the way the items are aligned.
                                It's the Makehuman Game skeleton, which is compatible (same bone names and structure, different joint rotations) with the Unreal skeleton. This allows the use (with minor adjustments) of the exiting animations, free and on the marketplace. We were using the MXH2 skeleton and rig to create new animations from public domain mocaps, but that is very time consuming.

We're going to port or replace the ARPGIS demo wearable items as placeholders until we can get new clothing and armor items built.

WIP Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X