Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    So you want a stash that isn't shared? I would create another inventory array in the player inventory component and just have the actor load off that array rather than it's self.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha

Well, Im just confused on how to start this, should I copy a player inventory component but rename it to warehouse/stash component and create a new container for it? Will I need to remake part of the whole system, aka creating a whole new component? Should I see how the DeadLoot Hero works (open a container) and maybe work from there and instead of loading "X" items, maybe loading a inventory variable from the player character?

Just looking for insights and different kind of views.

Ciao & Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post

Hello,

You know, the usual "inventory container" to save items that are not on your inventory. I think another name is the personal bank? in Guild/Clans its called "Guild Bank" where other players can deposit items/materials/ingredients/etc. In this case it would only apply to the player itself, hence maybe "personal bank"
    Most games its called a stash lol, but yes what is your question?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Please explain i don't understand what you mean by warehouse system?
    Hello,

You know, the usual "inventory container" to save items that are not on your inventory. I think another name is the personal bank? in Guild/Clans its called "Guild Bank" where other players can deposit items/materials/ingredients/etc. In this case it would only apply to the player itself, hence maybe "personal bank"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
    good evening,

Just a quick question, trying to get ideas:
    + What would be the proper way to achieve a warehouse system? just ideas so I can get started.

Thanks in adv.
    Please explain i don't understand what you mean by warehouse system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good evening,

Just a quick question, trying to get ideas:
    + What would be the proper way to achieve a warehouse system? just ideas so I can get started.

Thanks in adv.
    Last edited by Namesis; 09-08-2018, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how to stop the random character.

That I purchased from.

I don't want to snip that wire.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by imnomad View Post

Thanks, but i cant find any way to use the static mesh component, how do i call it?
    Its a skeletal mesh component and it's can be pulled from the parent reference by typing in the components name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

A object reference isn't a component its just variable which is why you can't create one, you need to use the static mesh component reference and you should also do it on the OnRep in the parent character class or your changes wont be networked.
    Thanks, but i cant find any way to use the static mesh component, how do i call it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by imnomad View Post
    Hi, im working on Version 4.18, did anyone tryed before using a Dynamic Material Instance on this? i can not make it work and its crucial for my project

The Skeletal mesh object reference sommehow is not compatible. How can i make this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	110
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1523567
    A object reference isn't a component its just variable which is why you can't create one, you need to use the static mesh component reference and you should also do it on the OnRep in the parent character class or your changes wont be networked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, im working on Version 4.18, did anyone tryed before using a Dynamic Material Instance on this? i can not make it work and its crucial for my project

The Skeletal mesh object reference sommehow is not compatible. How can i make this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	110
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1523567

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad you worked it out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OverRated_AU you sir are a very smart individual, it was indeed appearing off-screen. I dragged the inventory box over slightly in the Inventory Layout and problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In case it matters, Windows 10, Radeon RX 470 graphics card

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1920X1080 Landscape

Leave a comment:

Working...
X