No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirate, any idea why the blendable outline and interact text doesn't work in a migrated project over local network for clients but works for the server ?

http://i.imgur.com/1vNlyQU.jpg

The server picture on the far left is able to see the blendable outline and interact text, yet the two clients, middle and far right pictures are unable to see blendable outline and interact text.

I tried on the default project but i could not reproduce.
    edit: I also checked to make sure i didnt miss anything from the migration video but i don't think i did, i guess im at a loss. It's weird because on my other project organs and arms it works fine though.
    Last edited by SaxonRah; 02-12-2016, 02:59 PM.
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
      Pirate, any idea why the blendable outline and interact text doesn't work in a migrated project over local network for clients but works for the server ?

http://i.imgur.com/1vNlyQU.jpg

The server picture on the far left is able to see the blendable outline and interact text, yet the two clients, middle and far right pictures are unable to see blendable outline and interact text.

I tried on the default project but i could not reproduce.

Are the clients still able to "Interact" and open it up?

The outline and text is done locally on the client in the InventoryPlayerController OnTick(). The Use is a command sent to the server and then the server checks to see if the client is allowed to open the container.
      It looks like for some reason your clients aren't running the loop that shows them when they have a target highlighted. So I would take a look at the OnTick() in the controller.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Oh yes, i forgot to mention, everything works fine, they are able to get items, see the opened inventory and everything. its just the blendable and interact text that fail to show.

edit, okay thank you i figured it out, i was stupid and hooked up that part on switch authority.
        Youtube
        Machine Learning C++ Plugin
        Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

I seem to have the opposite problem. After an earlier comment about multiplayer I tried mine with 2 clients. I can get the text and the highlight...but cannot interact. It's got to be in my GetUsableActor...but I'm not sure how to fix it. It works great for the Server...just not the client. I've tweaked mine to do the cast based on mouse position. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
            Oh yes, i forgot to mention, everything works fine, they are able to get items, see the opened inventory and everything. its just the blendable and interact text that fail to show.

edit, okay thank you i figured it out, i was stupid and hooked up that part on switch authority.
            That would do it , glad you got it sorted out.

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
            I seem to have the opposite problem. After an earlier comment about multiplayer I tried mine with 2 clients. I can get the text and the highlight...but cannot interact. It's got to be in my GetUsableActor...but I'm not sure how to fix it. It works great for the Server...just not the client. I've tweaked mine to do the cast based on mouse position. Any thoughts?
            It's hard to have the server validate your mouse position since it doesn't know where your clients cursor is.
            I would suggest saving the mouse position in a vector on the client each frame and then when you "Use" something you can send the mouse position to the server during the server use event and then the server can validate the raycast for itself from the position you say your mouse cursor is at.

Also if there are any little tweaks you all would like or little bugs you have found please let me know. I want to get the next 1.3 update out soon but it currently doesn't have much changed.
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              It's hard to have the server validate your mouse position since it doesn't know where your clients cursor is.
              I would suggest saving the mouse position in a vector on the client each frame and then when you "Use" something you can send the mouse position to the server during the server use event and then the server can validate the raycast for itself from the position you say your mouse cursor is at.
              Alright. I am able to verify that each individual client can see the objects via a print in the Get Usable Actor Func. I turned the debug for the line trace on. I can see the hits, and they work. I can see the object in the Print, verify the mouse hit is access the correct object. The outline and interact text works. Still not sure where my issue is with the interact on the client side. (?) Thanks for the help, I may just have to go back to doing it through the camera (like the original) rather than the mouse.

EDIT: After playing with some things in some other projects, I realize I know too little about Client/Server and Replication to make this project anything other than single player. Maybe down the road. Thanks!
              Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 02-13-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

There was a lot of little UI changes, that's why that fix was released as soon as possible.
                ... If you are using the UI from launch day and have not made many changes to the UI in your project I would highly recommend migrating the UI with the changes.
                Apparently, this is simply not possible. Migrating the UI folder from a clean project breaks quite a number of things and I have not been able to find the source of all the problems. A simple file copy does the same.

After several days of working on the problem, I have become convinced that the only way to add the changes is by hand.

...you also want to make sure when you drop the Widget you are adding it to the canvas panel and not just back to the viewport.
                Could you be more specific?

WIP Thread

Comment

If any one is interested in how to stop more than one player from looting the same actor this is how i did it.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Sry for my english , but that is not good ; ) Work with google translator.

I Work a little longer than 3 weeks with the Unreal Engine 4 thus still a freshman

I bought Action RPG inventory system last night and try to use in my project .

I have everything come him so far, but if we decide to open the inventory, nothing comes as a fault will give me from

Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenInventory.png
Views:	1
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	1100644

How can I fix the problem ?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Hey Pirate,
                      I've been playing some more with this and it's still very awesome.
                      A new issue I'm encountering is I can't figure out where to see what the character has actually equiped. For instance ' Hey This helmet is equipped right now, and this item is also equipped '
                      Hope that's a question that's still in the scope of this project !

Also very excited about your upcoming looting tutorial

Comment

As I have encountered this error before, I'm fairly certain that it isn't a ARPGIS error but rather a UMG bug, but I thought that I would post here on the off chance (I posted it previously on AnswerHub with no fix) that someone might know a workaround or fix.

Error demonstrated in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_qrCf3gAw

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                          As I have encountered this error before, I'm fairly certain that it isn't a ARPGIS error but rather a UMG bug, but I thought that I would post here on the off chance (I posted it previously on AnswerHub with no fix) that someone might know a workaround or fix.

Error demonstrated in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_qrCf3gAw
                          Vid is private
                          LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                            Vid is private
                            Made public, now, I think

WIP Thread

Comment

If anyone has the time, would you please try this for me?

Start a new project with the ARPGIS, then play from in the editor as a standalone game.

On each of my pc's, this caused the hotbar to disapear. (My above problem.)

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                                If anyone has the time, would you please try this for me?

Start a new project with the ARPGIS, then play from in the editor as a standalone game.

On each of my pc's, this caused the hotbar to disapear. (My above problem.)
                                Yeah I also have this bug seems to happen every time i load my project, I have talked to pirate about it and he also thinks its a bug with UMG, Also always compile after removing the hotbar so the hotbar reference is the same when readded.
                                Last edited by OverRated_AU; 02-17-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X