No announcement yet.

Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe i discovered a small bug with the dynamic inventory decrease function. Adding more than one slot is working, but if i remove more than one slot at once the positioning of the remaining Slots is a little bit odd . I can remove them one by one with the input function and the inventory itself is not broken. All the removed slots are empty at the moment i use the decrease function. Do i miss something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	inv_decrease_bug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1100171

Comment

Looks like you are onto something
      It is an issue with removing indexes in forward order.

For example if you try and remove more than 1 at a time.. let's say 2.
      It will remove slot 40 first then it will try and remove slot 41 (but 41 is now 40 so it won't remove it).
      I just need to make it reverse the loop when it removes the slots so that it removes 41 than 40.

*FIXED*

I just came up with a great way to reverse loops in blueprint.
      So you will need to create a Local Int Array(I called it LocalAmountIndexes)
      in the InventoryComponent->DecreaseInventorySize() & InventoryManagerComponent->DecreaseInventorySlots() functions.

Then add the changes shown below. This will remove the slots & UI slots in reverse order and fix the bug.

Name:	reverse_decrease_slots.jpg
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1100176

I will be adding this change to the 1.3 update. Since it's the first fix in the 1.3 update, the update won't be released until there are a few more changes/fixes made.
      Last edited by Pirate; 02-09-2016, 08:10 PM.
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know of a function I created that will reduce the amount of items in an item stack that can be called anywhere there is an Inventory Manager Component reference. This is all located within the Inventory Manager Component blueprint.

Name:	imc_server_call.PNG
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1100188

Name:	imc_reduce_func_1.PNG
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1100189

Name:	imc_reduce_func_2.PNG
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1100190

Name:	imc_reduce_func_3.PNG
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1100191
        Marketplace Asset (Released): FPS Battle Royale Template with Gamesparks

Twitter: Spyke_Dev | Discord

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          *FIXED*

I just came up with a great way to reverse loops in blueprint.
          So you will need to create a Local Int Array(I called it LocalAmountIndexes)
          in the InventoryComponent->DecreaseInventorySize() & InventoryManagerComponent->DecreaseInventorySlots() functions.

Then add the changes shown below. This will remove the slots & UI slots in reverse order and fix the bug.
          Hi Pirate,

tried it out, works flawlessly now . Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by ToxinGaming View Post
            Just wanted to let you all know of a function I created that will reduce the amount of items in an item stack that can be called anywhere there is an Inventory Manager Component reference. This is all located within the Inventory Manager Component blueprint.
            Thank you for sharing your enhancement
            \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
            Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
            Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Hello All! In case anyone else was trying to do something similar, here's how you can have the Tooltip spawn at the mouse location:

Name:	Spawn_Tooltip_at_Mouse.png
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1100288

Name:	Tooltip_Designer.png
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	1100289
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the uploaded In-Game Picture (had to re-size it smaller to upload for some reason)

Name:	InGame.jpg
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	1100315
                Attached Files
                Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 02-11-2016, 08:01 AM. Reason: Uploaded Pic

Comment

Thanks chlballi! This was on my list of things todo. You might be able to save resource from that by checking the mouse is over ui bool then updating the position.

Also, using the "Get Owning Player" node, I have been told is better to use than "Get Player Controller" for umg in multiplayer games (which this inventory system works for). idk if its true or why, but i see everyone doing it.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by SaxonRah; 02-10-2016, 11:21 PM.
                  Youtube
                  Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                  Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Just figured I'd put up a video of the few things I've done so far. More to come in time
                    Definitely need to fix up the Character Models rig.. got some kinda shoulder issues goin on, and fix up the sword combo animations.
                    But meh, all in time ! Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                      Just figured I'd put up a video of the few things I've done so far. More to come in time
                      Definitely need to fix up the Character Models rig.. got some kinda shoulder issues goin on, and fix up the sword combo animations.
                      But meh, all in time ! Enjoy
                      Thats what you get from using a mixamo model with the unreal anims, mixamos auto rigger places the bones to far back on the sholders, you need to skin your model in a 3d program.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                        Thats what you get from using a mixamo model with the unreal anims, mixamos auto rigger places the bones to far back on the sholders, you need to skin your model in a 3d program.
                        Fantastic work OverRated_AU! I'm finally done enough with my UI that I can start working more on mesh imports for items and toons. Guess its time to learn a modelling program! Any advantage to maya over max or anything else?
                        Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 02-11-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Very cool stuff guys!

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see more from everyone.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Good to see other peoples projects with this system running.

Here a video of mine still so much to do haha.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/flux-ga.../flux-demo-run

Comment

Awesome OverRated_AU
                              I love your map, from the little bit we got to see lol Is it a World Machine build? Or something else?
                              And I'm going to fix up that model later, just a few rotations on the ol' Clavicles and he'll be right as rain ;D

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
                              Fantastic work OverRated_AU! I'm finally done enough with my UI that I can start working more on mesh imports for items and toons. Guess its time to learn a modelling program! Any advantage to maya over max or anything else?
                              I'm a Maya guy... learned it in my college courses years ago... can't get the hang of 3DS Max lol
                              But to me.. I've seen a lot of good things from Max.. modeling scripts, rigging scripts and you name it.. So it's really your choice!
                              Last edited by Demrok; 02-12-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demrok View Post
                                Awesome OverRated_AU
                                I love your map, from the little bit we got to see lol Is it a World Machine build? Or something else?
                                And I'm going to fix up that model later, just a few rotations on the ol' Clavicles and he'll be right as rain ;D

I'm a Maya guy... learned it in my college courses years ago... can't get the hang of 3DS Max lol
                                But to me.. I've seen a lot of good things from Max.. modeling scripts, rigging scripts and you name it.. So it's really your choice!
                                My 1st 2 months using unreal was mainly on map creation, i made around 15 maps using different tools, but i finally ended up with the map you see there, the map i made in PS then used world machine and the plugin kit to create it, i leant how to use world meshine in the process lol, the maps landscape turned out great the whole map has no limitions for movement.

I use 3ds max and im not pro at using it i just know the basics of rigging in it, i have a friend thats a 3d modeler, the problem you have there can be fixed in max in under 5 minutes .

Maya is better for rigging and anims but it's harder to understand as its UI sucks , 3Ds max has some.better tools and its UI is friendly easy to learn.
                                Last edited by OverRated_AU; 02-12-2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X