Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Could we please get some information about todays update ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's been weeks since I first got the " Inventory full " error and I just can't find why. Here https://i.imgur.com/8o0Aqp2.png you can see it's correctly casting to my player controller but as I've seen on page 44 of the thread but it still doesn't work. I've been checking the original version and I can't find what I missed, I feel pretty stupid. Can someone just guide me what/where to look ? Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was an update today. Can you put a note on what changed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
    Hey guys,

Love the pack, however as I'm integrating it I'm having issues with the HUD. I was using my own HUD and even though I migrated everything from the HUDLayout to my layout I still get errors and my HUDreference doesn't want to be taken in my custom player controller. I realize this may be a bit of a nebulous description and if nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about I can provide screenshots. Really what I want to know is exactly how to migrate the prefab hud into my hud and replace the references correctly. It's not shown in its entirety in the video.

Thank you all very much for your time and patience,
    Morgan
    I deleted my hud and used theres only, i had same issues not sure how much work you have done in yours but it was easiest for me as i did not have much work i wanted or was interested in keeping

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post

Hi shadowpoet, to me it sounds like you lack basic blueprint knowledge so your creating these issues on your own, ill try to help you best i can but you will have to explain your issues, re-parenting your character to the inventory character is needed as a lot of logic references back to this parent class.

Also about pirate which offers support for this asset, he has a sick family member which takes up a lot of his time these days so please understand he not always able to offer support, but he does try his best.
    I currently have it fixed and working, my issue was more to the point this was not basic to intermediate there was a lot of things that needed to be changed to get it working correctly. There for one was errors that was not supposed to show up unless you were using your own player controller, which was not the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
    On 4.17 i cant add more than 2 item into the inventory in the demo. Could you please fix up this kit that it works correctly with 4.17?
    Have anyone an fix for it?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

Love the pack, however as I'm integrating it I'm having issues with the HUD. I was using my own HUD and even though I migrated everything from the HUDLayout to my layout I still get errors and my HUDreference doesn't want to be taken in my custom player controller. I realize this may be a bit of a nebulous description and if nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about I can provide screenshots. Really what I want to know is exactly how to migrate the prefab hud into my hud and replace the references correctly. It's not shown in its entirety in the video.

Thank you all very much for your time and patience,
    Morgan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pirate, would it be possible to add 'Sets' for weapons similiar to Diablo 2?
    Player had 2 slots for each hand and shortcut to swap the weapon and off-hand item very quickly.
    Is there a chance you could add this funtionality? Or at least point me to a 'how to'?
    Cheers, H.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shadowpoet View Post
    Ok, So the only way i could get this to work half *** is to reference my third person char to the inventory character then ref the inventory character to the equipment character with it still buggy as heck, The tutorial on the Youtube is all but useless and the Creators do not reply back to the support email or private pm's (Maybe on Vacation?) who knows. I do not recommend if your beginner or intermediate to buy this because I had others look at it that were just as confused as i am. So after breaking 2 projects and 2 days of trying to get this to work correctly i could have done same stuff with 2 weeks total working with UE4 and did not need to pay money to break my stuff I am perfectly capable of doing it for free and by my self. If any one is interested in Buying it I would not Recommend it untill They update the Tutorials and start answering the support emails.
    Hi shadowpoet, to me it sounds like you lack basic blueprint knowledge so your creating these issues on your own, ill try to help you best i can but you will have to explain your issues, re-parenting your character to the inventory character is needed as a lot of logic references back to this parent class.

Also about pirate which offers support for this asset, he has a sick family member which takes up a lot of his time these days so please understand he not always able to offer support, but he does try his best.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    shadowpoet

I'm not really understanding what it is you want to do, can you explain more in detail about what you want to accomplish?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, So the only way i could get this to work half *** is to reference my third person char to the inventory character then ref the inventory character to the equipment character with it still buggy as heck, The tutorial on the Youtube is all but useless and the Creators do not reply back to the support email or private pm's (Maybe on Vacation?) who knows. I do not recommend if your beginner or intermediate to buy this because I had others look at it that were just as confused as i am. So after breaking 2 projects and 2 days of trying to get this to work correctly i could have done same stuff with 2 weeks total working with UE4 and did not need to pay money to break my stuff I am perfectly capable of doing it for free and by my self. If any one is interested in Buying it I would not Recommend it untill They update the Tutorials and start answering the support emails.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I decided to scrap the Player controler i had and just use the one that comes with the Inventory System and i am ok until around 28 min mark on the set up guide where u first launch into the game i am getting this error in image and also i am unable to target or pick up any items

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After i Cast to my player controler then recreate the inventory manager there is no option to create a player inventory component if i could be pointed in the right direction for this it would be great
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Still having line trace issues, often have to click 2-3 times before items are picked up. Anyone else experiencing this or a better approach? (Using 4.16 version)
    "Better" depends on the gametype. If you create a third person game you can switch from active linetrace from controller/char to passive triggerboxes/spheres at your UsableActors. "OnComponentBeginOverlap"->Register-this-item-to-some-"near-item-list"-at-controller-or-character. List is handy as you would get those Begin/End events only once (if you pick up two apples you can switch after the first pickup to the second as active one). You would loose some accuracy but get some easier and quicker pickups as it is simpler to run near an item instead to run near and aim for it. If you create something with first-person or would hide some secret items in the grass linetrace is ok. You could even combine both.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X