Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
    I mean the grey'd equipment icons in the character equipment menu. I tried looking at the reference viewer to find where T_ICON_Slot_* is referenced but i only found it referenced in the character umg bp, but i could not find it in either Inventory slot umg bp or the character umg bp
    Oh, they are UI art added into the Equipment UI under the Inventory_Slots in each spot.
    In Inventory_Slot I do a visibility check for the slot background and if the inventory slot number is one of the equipment slots (0-13 in the demo) I hide the background so it won't cover the Equipment UI art.
    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
      Oh, they are UI art added into the Equipment UI under the Inventory_Slots in each spot.
      In Inventory_Slot I do a visibility check for the slot background and if the inventory slot number is one of the equipment slots (0-13 in the demo) I hide the background so it won't cover the Equipment UI art.
      Maybe, im missing something here, but i have tried everything i can think of to where these icon are referenced. i could delete them and redirect it to the new ones, but i'd rather not.

I love you for how quickly you have responded to everything. Thank you very much. I will definitely recommend you and your products.
      Youtube
      Machine Learning C++ Plugin
      Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
        Maybe, im missing something here, but i have tried everything i can think of to where these icon are referenced. i could delete them and redirect it to the new ones, but i'd rather not.

I love you for how quickly you have responded to everything. Thank you very much. I will definitely recommend you and your products.
        I spend a lot of time in front of a computer :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	equipment_background_icons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1099767

Hope this solves your problem, it's tucked away under the border brush and hard to see until you expand it .
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I spend a lot of time in front of a computer :P

Hope this solves your problem, it's tucked away under the border brush and hard to see until you expand it .
          OH BORDER BRUSH OMG That's ******* amazing i did not know borders could be images!!! Thank you so much for the support!!!!
          Youtube
          Machine Learning C++ Plugin
          Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Hi Pirate,

If I update the InventoryItem structure with a new parameter, what else would I need to change in order for the new parameter to carry over if the item is dropped and re-picked up from the inventory?

It seems that picking up a freshly spawned item is fine, but if I drop it and re-pick it up, the new parameter is set to the default value and not the specific one set in the ItemList data table.

EDIT: Never mind, I found that you have to update the World Actor UpdateItemAmount() function.
            Last edited by ToxinGaming; 02-03-2016, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I'm going to add some demo content to show how to give a player starting items for the next update. I just realized it's not as easy as it should be so I have streamlined it a little in the InventoryComponentManager for the next update.

This will make it easier for games that require dynamically reloading player inventories on the fly with different inventory size changes between reloads. For example on death when they lose all their gear + additional slots. It will all be handled automatically when you call Client_LoadInventory() and it will refresh your inventory icons to show you are have after it recreates the inventory UI slots.

These are not drastic changes but simple additions.

To update people will be able to simply copy the new InventoryManagerComponent.uasset from the update into their project (When closed).
              When you boot up your project just make sure to compile and save your PlayerController first and then Compile and save the new InventoryManagerComponent.
              That should prevent the UI from having a few references unhooked. If that does happen i just takes a minute to fix.

The areas changed/functions added will be documented so you will be able to open the updated version and your version side by side and see where things have changed.
              This will make it easy if you want to manually migrate the new changes instead of copying the whole InventoryManagerComponent over your existing one incase you have already started adding your own logic and changes.

I will be including screenshots of these changes when I have finished preparing the update notes and they will be linked in the post.
              That way you can make these changes yourself easily if you don't want to wait for epic to push the update and migrate then.
              Edit: Herp, it didnt show me the new posts, you already did that stuff! Nice, much appreciated so I can work today on getting it running myself woho!

Comment

Originally posted by ToxinGaming View Post
                Hi Pirate,
                EDIT: Never mind, I found that you have to update the World Actor UpdateItemAmount() function.

Perfect
                Most of the changes are normally only in the Macros in the InventoryManagerComponent.

As a note to others it's helpful while learning where everything is to search for "Break inventoryItem" in all your files when updating your Item properties.

I'm going to give 4.11 a test and try to record some new ART Import/Export videos in that.
                Hopefully the 4.10 issues are fixed.
                Last edited by Pirate; 02-03-2016, 02:58 AM.
                \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

So each Inventory Component represents one Inventory is that about right? I'm looking to have seperate Inventories based on Equipment so I could have the Equipment Inventory with 18(or however many equipmentslots ill decide to need) and could add others ?

For Example a Backpack wich has its own InventoryList, and when dropped it spawns a container object with that List in the world, the only thing im not quite sure about is how to deal with the Inventory Manager working with multiple inventory items ^^ do you think thats hard to implement? I'm still in the process of taking apart your many functions and trying them out atm, do have the load savegame inventory stuff working thanks to your screenshots.

Comment

I've been playing with the UI interface and have gotten some great results. What I'm trying to do now, unsuccessfully, is having the Interact Text (and eventually the Item Description Tooltip) spawn at the mouse location. I'm not having any luck.

I'm basically using the 'Get Mouse Position Scaled by DPI' Node with a 'Get Player Controller'... to a 'Make Vector 2D'... to a 'Set Position in Viewport'. If I place a 'Print' node coming from the make vector, it shows the coordinates are updating in real time based on the cursor location, so the issue seems to be with the 'Set Postion in Viewport'.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by chlballi View Post
                      I've been playing with the UI interface and have gotten some great results. What I'm trying to do now, unsuccessfully, is having the Interact Text (and eventually the Item Description Tooltip) spawn at the mouse location. I'm not having any luck.

I'm basically using the 'Get Mouse Position Scaled by DPI' Node with a 'Get Player Controller'... to a 'Make Vector 2D'... to a 'Set Position in Viewport'. If I place a 'Print' node coming from the make vector, it shows the coordinates are updating in real time based on the cursor location, so the issue seems to be with the 'Set Postion in Viewport'.

Any thoughts?
                      I would just wait because pirate said he will be making a video to show people how to change this.

Comment

I must have missed that one; awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                          I would just wait because pirate said he will be making a video to show people how to change this.
                          It might take awhile, we still have no internet at the office and I have a lot of tutorials to still make along with the release of Multiplayer TopDown Kit next week.
                          There should be some tutorials on UMG that will help with positioning widgets to the mouse while you wait.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

It might take awhile, we still have no internet at the office and I have a lot of tutorials to still make along with the release of Multiplayer TopDown Kit next week.
                            There should be some tutorials on UMG that will help with positioning widgets to the mouse while you wait.
                            No worries. I appreciate it. I'll keep digging!

Comment

I have submitted Update v1.2 to Epic so hopefully it's out tomorrow.

You can view the change log for Update 1.2 Here

I'm also wrapping up some of the ART tutorials so once my internet is back online I can finish them up and get them on youtube.
                              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Comment

Awesome work. I did notice a bug, however. When your character first spawns, it has all of the equipment... but the stats don't update unless you move an item in your inventory first. Doesn't matter what is moved, or changed, but something has to envoke the inventory prior to it updating those numbers. They remain at 0. I'm trying to work out a fix for myself...uneventfully.

EDIT: I tried to just add a stat point, then take it away, but that didn't seem to work..
                                Last edited by The_Simon_Sez; 02-04-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X