Action RPG Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mahluus7 View Post
    Scyclone not 100% sure what your problem could be as there are no screenshots, but i'm guessing your item is not rotated and positioned correctly with it's 'world origin' at 0,0,0 (it's transforms all at zero in other words).
    1. A quick UE4 hack that may work for you is to drag the item into a level, any level will do.
    2. Set the location to 0, 0, 0 in the Transform section.
    3. Make sure the item is rotated correctly, vertical for melee and horizontal for guns.
    4. Where ever the pivot point is will be where your character ends up holding the item, so adjust as you see fit.
    5. Right click on the item and select Merge Actor
    6. Under Mesh Settings make sure the box 'Pivot Point at Zero' is ticked.

Your new static mesh will now have the pivot point set to zero and you should be good to go. This will only work if your items pivot point is at 0, 0, 0 on the level in step 1 when you place it.

Hope that helps.
    Heya Mahluus7 , you make a fair point - a picture is worth a thousand words

Essentially, the axe is attaching to the socket - it just looks wierd in terms of rotations and such. I mean that could lead to a very painful circumcision I'd imagine :P.

Would the information above apply to that?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scyclone; 10-07-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

As an unrelated note, I've been working with adding in new stats and such to my items. And I have had 'some' success thus far.

I added in Damage (Objects) to items that are designed for harvesting (Axe/Pickaxe/etc), as well as Constitution. I updated the itemlist, updated all relevant structures that I can think of and from a mechanical standpoint. It does apply the statistics to the item because it is populating into my equipment screen. For the screenshot example, I have put in 2 constitution for the bladed shoulder piece.

I have narrowed down the issue in that it doesn't seem to populate "ItemToolTipInfo" with the data on my item's constitution bonus. I did a test on the visibility (and basically set it always visible) and it returned a blank line [further showing me that the 'BreakToolTipInfo' for Constitution is returning me no value]. Is there some extra step I missed somewhere or something I can do to correct this issue?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scyclone View Post
        As an unrelated note, I've been working with adding in new stats and such to my items. And I have had 'some' success thus far.

I added in Damage (Objects) to items that are designed for harvesting (Axe/Pickaxe/etc), as well as Constitution. I updated the itemlist, updated all relevant structures that I can think of and from a mechanical standpoint. It does apply the statistics to the item because it is populating into my equipment screen. For the screenshot example, I have put in 2 constitution for the bladed shoulder piece.

I have narrowed down the issue in that it doesn't seem to populate "ItemToolTipInfo" with the data on my item's constitution bonus. I did a test on the visibility (and basically set it always visible) and it returned a blank line [further showing me that the 'BreakToolTipInfo' for Constitution is returning me no value]. Is there some extra step I missed somewhere or something I can do to correct this issue?

Shoot... I came here for the exact same issue. I added a Hunger value, but it keeps returning 0. If I find a solution, I will post here and send you a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyclone View Post

Okay so I found out where else you needed to hook up your new entries. You need to open the Inventory_Slot, Container_Slot, and Hotbar_Slot and open the Get_ToolTip_Widget function. You should see there where you need to hook things up. Hope that helps.

Comment

hi i in need of help..so i've integrated arpgis and als v4 (https://github.com/dyanikoglu/ALSV4_CPP) into my project..i wanna do when i equip a specific weapon,it will play that weapon aniamtion overlay state..what i've tried so far is in inventoryitem struct,i added a new element called "OverlayState" of type alsoverlaystate...what this do is when i define the item properties,i can set the weapon to use its overlay state for example,if i equip a bow,it will play that bow overlay state..after that in equipmentinventorycomponent,inventorymanagercomponent in the equipitem,unequipitem,updateequippedmeshes and updatemainhandweapon,i break the struct of inventory item and i set the overlay state( picture below)..i thought this should play the weapon overlay state,for bow it will play the aiming overlay..but it didnt and i get this error..anyone know any solution i can do?ping me

my discord:KhaiSaki#1061
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hydrax View Post
              I solved it. But its not perfect.
              Can i just add an item via ID ?
              Click image for larger version Name:	UE4_Inventory_AddNewElement.png Views:	2 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	1561146
              Just wanted to say Thanks for this! I have the inventory working fine, but do you think I could work out how to add a bloody item via blueprints - all good, works so thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X